Windows 10: HDR washed out looking

Discus and support HDR washed out looking in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It seems to be a bug going back years now, but is there any way to get HDR mode looking normal and not super washed out? Fullscreen game HDR works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XSSpants, Dec 4, 2019.

1. HDR washed out looking

It seems to be a bug going back years now, but is there any way to get HDR mode looking normal and not super washed out?

Fullscreen game HDR works fine, but desktop HDR looks like trash.

submitted by /u/XSSpants
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XSSpants, Dec 4, 2019

2. HDR and Washed out colors

What's up guys so my new monitor is HDR compatible however whenever I enable HDR in games, it makes them look terrible. The colors are super washed out, the brights are dull and the blacks are boosted to like a grey-ish. I've updated the monitor firmware and installed the latest driver for it. Right now, my normal color settings look more HDR then HDR it's self, lol. I've tried 3 games- BF5, FC5, and AC Odyssey. All with the same results.

N00berG00ber, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User
    HDR and Washed out colors

Turn on dynamic full range for your GPU

HDR washed out looking [​IMG]

Turn off the HDR crap in Windows:

If a game supports HDR, like Mass Effect Andromeda, it will automatically detect your TV supports it and switches it on, and you can verify it is on in the settings of games that support HDR, usually it will say on or off.

And lastly it will all depend on what kind of HDR your screen supports: HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, Dolby Vision and Advanced HDR by Technicolor.

Cliff S, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Cliff S Win User

HDR washed out looking

HDR and Washed out colors

Does your monitor have any software for it?
    Check the support page for new divers, color calibration software, and the ICC profile istaller.

That reminds me, check in control panel to make sure you have the color profile set for that monitor, and not some Windows default one like sRGB.
    Both my monitors have the ICC color profiles set

Cliff S, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

HDR washed out looking

1. HDR washed out looking - Similar Threads - HDR washed looking

2. Washed out Home Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Washed out Home Screen: My home screen appears washed out, the photo that I use is very light. When I start or end an app, it appears normal for a split second, then reverts to the faded view. I also used to just have the app icons on the scree, now it has reverted to the tiles. This happened...
  3. Washed out Taskbar Color

Washed out Taskbar Color: I left my computer on while I ran a few errands this morning. Was gone about an hour and a half. When I returned and brought my screen back to life, I noticed my Taskbar was no longer anywhere near the color it had been - a slightly-lighter shade of my dark green background...
  4. Colors wash out when playing videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Colors wash out when playing videos: Hello! I have this issue for quite a while. I noticed when playing a movie or a video on a video player (i tried VLC, Windows Media Player, and the desktop app for Netflix) the picture changes sometimes to a really washed out color and it changes back after a while. I also...
  5. HDR and Washed out colors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDR and Washed out colors: What's up guys so my new monitor is HDR compatible however whenever I enable HDR in games, it makes them look terrible. The colors are super washed out, the brights are dull and the blacks are boosted to like a grey-ish. I've updated the monitor firmware and installed the...
  6. washed out display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    washed out display: Hi I get greenish washed out colors on display after waking PC from sleep. I uninstalled and updated graphic driver. high contrast or color temperature is turned off. this happened before, also after waking from sleep, but was fixed after restart. now it doesn't work...
  7. Windows 10-colour of my pictures looks washed out.

Windows 10-colour of my pictures looks washed out.: Is there an automatic picture display set-up or what is the standard choice of colours? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-colour-of-my-pictures-looks-washed-out/73b43616-1b7b-4760-ac44-3e1e3538771d
  8. Windows Media Player color is washed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player color is washed out: Whenever I attempt to play a video in Windows Media Player for Windows 10 the color is washed out. This is only with Windows Media Player. Movies & TV works fine. Can anyone assist me with this issue?...
  9. Washed out taskbar fonts

Washed out taskbar fonts: Have washed out toolbar fonts? Is there a tweak to make them crisp ? [img] 32905
  10. Text is Greyed/Washed Out

in Windows 10 Support
    Text is Greyed/Washed Out: I have poor eyesight and have setup high contrast to see things better in windows 10. Also set the font to 10 point bold and tried the 125% setting. In windows 7 I did not have this issue, I used the classic theme, and just set the fonts all bold, no problem. I think I...