Windows 10: HDR WCG Option suddenly gone from Display Settings

Discus and support HDR WCG Option suddenly gone from Display Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Here is my setup: Ryzen 2600X Sapphire RX 580 8GB Pulse ASROCK X370 Taichi ADATA SX800 M.2 NVME 480GB SSD 16 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz CAS 14... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DogleggedSage76, Nov 11, 2018.

1. HDR WCG Option suddenly gone from Display Settings

Here is my setup:

Ryzen 2600X

Sapphire RX 580 8GB Pulse

ASROCK X370 Taichi

ADATA SX800 M.2 NVME 480GB SSD

16 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz CAS 14

Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W

I just finished this build last week, got everything I wanted installed, Windows fully updated. I ran benchmarks and had the PC just how I liked it. I had the HDR WCG option in Display settings turned on, and I confirmed that HDR was indeed working via my TV info (TV is a Sony X900E 65").

I don't know what happened, but this Saturday I woke up to the black screen with spinning white dots. I couldn't boot into Windows at all, it kept getting hung up on the black screen with spinning white dots. Based on my reading, I believe this is related to a failed Windows Update. Not sure how this could have happened because I have the PC hooked up to a UPS. I tried everything to remedy this: reverting to restore points, startup repair options, resetting the PC, none of which worked. Alas, I had to do a fresh install. Lesson learned, always create an image backup.

Anyway, after this fresh install, I don't have the HDR WCG option in Display Settings. Night Light toggle is also not present. I have tried reinstalling the display drivers, and I also used UDD to remove the existing driver installation prior to reinstall. I activated the "Virtual Enhanced Resolution" in Radeon settings, and I also have 10 bit color enabled, but doesn't help.

I just cannot get this to work and have no idea why this option isn't even showing up in Windows when absolutely nothing is different than when I installed everything the first time. I know Windows released an Update recently, but I was fully updated under my first install, so I don't think it's related to the update, although I could be wrong. I'm at my wits end with this, so any help would be appreciated.

:)

DogleggedSage76, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

HDR WCG won't enable on Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Have you installed the latest graphics drivers? You may also check the Nvidia site for the latest drivers and follow their instructions.

If you’re having problems displaying HDR content, you can try the steps outlined in this support article:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

For more information about HDR requirements, please refer to this support article:
    Display requirements for HDR in Windows 10.

Update us with results for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Nov 11, 2018
  3. chris_tm Win User
    HDR WCG won't enable on Windows 10

MSI 43GSVR 7Re laptop with 6gb Nvidia 1060

Samsung 32hg70 monitor

HDMI 2.0 connected to laptop using only Samsung monitor as display

HDR WCG is an available option to turn on (SDR slider is greyed out for some reason) - once turned on, Windows 10 asks 'Do you want to keep these settings?" Choose Yes,
    but HDR WCG remains off.

Both the 1060 and monitor are HDR capable. Both laptop and monitor are HDMI 2.0

Any thoughts on why HDR won't turn on?

chris_tm, Nov 11, 2018
  4. HDR WCG Option suddenly gone from Display Settings

No HDR Option in display settings?

Hi all,

Recently I've gotten a 4K HDR tv, a Sony 70XE9005. While I'd like to try HDR, I don't even seem to get the option in Windows Display Settings. I checked for Updates and I have the latest nvidia Drivers as well. I use a GTX 770.

Normally I connect DVI to HDMI, but I've tested the HDMI output on the graphics card as well.

I've tried googling using a lot of different terms, but I seem to find no one who does not have a HDR option in display settings...

Could you please advise me why I would not see this option in Windows Display Settings?

ArcticWolf- [O365], Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

HDR WCG Option suddenly gone from Display Settings

1. HDR WCG Option suddenly gone from Display Settings - Similar Threads - HDR WCG Option

2. Settings Option is Gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings Option is Gone: Help! Can someone answer me on how can I fix this? You see only time and language are available in my settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-option-is-gone/38700842-1488-44bb-8624-4e4287159151
  3. Settings Option is Gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings Option is Gone: Help! Can someone answer me on how can I fix this? You see only time and language are available in my settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-option-is-gone/38700842-1488-44bb-8624-4e4287159151
  4. Settings Option is Gone

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to Turn On HDR WCG on Windows 10

Unable to Turn On HDR WCG on Windows 10: what gives. i've seen this post as in issue for over a year... i have this issue. should i dump nvidia and go with the mother board hdmi port (intel i7 8700). all componants are to spec, cables, hdmi ver. all docs says it supported, but yet only 30hz works on windows 10...
  6. HDR and WCG in Windows 10 PRO

HDR and WCG in Windows 10 PRO: Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the content on the display. This problem intensifies when i try to watch a movie on Netflix, or play a game on PC! I use Windows 10...
  7. HDR and WCG in Windows 10

HDR and WCG in Windows 10: Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the content on the display. This problem intensifies when i try to watch a movie on Netflix, or play a game on PC! I use Windows 10...
  8. HDR and WCG in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDR and WCG in Windows 10: Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the content on the display. This problem intensifies when i try to watch a movie on Netflix, or play a game on PC! I use Windows 10...
  9. HDR and WCG are disabled but my Computer+TV are HDR/WCG capable

HDR and WCG are disabled but my Computer+TV are HDR/WCG capable: The option HDR/WCG is not available under Windows 10 RS4 and disabled under Win10 RS5 build 17713. In here my equipment: Display TV: Samsung TV UHD HDR UE55MU7005TXXC (w/latest firmware: 1221.0). UHD Color function is active for HDMI. HDMI Cable: UGreen 4K HDR 60Hz Cable...
  10. Turn On or Off HDR and WCG Color for a Display in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off HDR and WCG Color for a Display in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off HDR and WCG Color for a Display in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off HDR and WCG Color for a Display in Windows 10 With Windows HD Color in Windows 10, you get the most of out your high dynamic range (HDR) TV or PC display. When you connect your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install hdr and wcg on lcd monitor software

2. hdr and wcg not in settings

3. hdr and wcg not showing in display settings

4. hdr and wcg windows 10,
  5. HDR and WCG settings option missing?,
  6. hdr wcg settings missing,
  7. hdr and wcg setting not found,
  8. wcg apps,
  9. radeon settings turn off hdr and wcg,
  10. hdr option missing from settings on my pc?,
  11. hdr icon gone,