Windows 10: HDR with custom color space

Discus and support HDR with custom color space in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been learning my dxdiag log and have noticed weird things. Windows set wrong color primaries for my TV Display Color Space:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Carsarcarsar, Jan 18, 2019.

1. HDR with custom color space

I've been learning my dxdiag log and have noticed weird things.

Windows set wrong color primaries for my TV

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G2084_NONE_P2020

Color Primaries: Red(0.659180,0.339844), Green(0.244141,0.669922), Blue(0.129883,0.040039), White Point(0.312500,0.329102)

If you draw color space with these coordinates - it would not be same as dci-p3 or most of TV color spaces.

For example, my TV can handle 0.68 0.32 red point instead of 0.659180,0.339844

Is there any way to change windows hdr color space to custom values or just dci-p3?

Because at the moment windows HDR works with some weird color space and red color in forza looks wrong for me.

:)

Carsarcarsar, Jan 18, 2019
  2. skum-cat Win User

HDR mode and color profiles

Hello

I have a calibrated ICC profile for normal sRGB mode. When i switch to HDR mode, it still using the calibrated profile, and giving weird colors and white balance.

I have tried to add a Rec.2020 HDR profile to ICC-profile (Advance color) list in color management. But I can´t use it at standard colors in HDR mode. Nothing happens when i try to applied it.

So to be clear:

In normal mode I want to use calibrated icc profile for sRGB.

And in HDR mode, using the standard REC.2020 icc profile.

skum-cat, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Kris Ver Win User
    intel UHD graphics no HDR

Hi,

We appreciate your efforts in providing details about your concern. To turn on HDR and advanced color
    settings in Windows 10:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > System > Display .
    • Turn on HDR and advanced color.
    • Select HDR and advanced color settings to view the color settings for your HDR display.

The HDR and advanced color settings page shows the color properties for your HDR display—including the wide format resolution, refresh rate, color bit depth, and color format.

Here's an
    article
    for more information about HDR and advanced color settings in Windows 10.

Should you have any other concerns, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Kris Ver, Jan 18, 2019
  4. HDR with custom color space

"HDR and advanced color" setting automatically switches back to "Off" when turned "On".

The implementation of HDR isn't very good. Windows 10 doesn't use dynamic HDR switching, so if you toggle it on, that means SDR content will have HDR applied to it (like the desktop). This means your desktop will look dim, washed out and text will have
    artifacts around it, even though the color space is 10-bit YCC422. Microsoft needs to either have HDR switch dynamically to content that uses HDR, or have some sort of conversion that applies 10-bit YCC422 rec. 2020 color space to the 709 color space, so
    the desktop and SDR content looks normal.

You can reduce the resolution to 4k@30 hz which might help the text artifacts, but it won't help the dim and washed out colors for SDR content (like your desktop).

Most people turn the HDR toggle off and only turn it on when they are going to play a game or watch content that's HDR enabled.

Prophecy MS, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

HDR with custom color space

1. HDR with custom color space - Similar Threads - HDR custom color

2. HDR - dull colors after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR - dull colors after reboot: Win 11 Pro, 22H2.I have HDR turned on and at some point it wasn't like that before after reboot I have very dull, greyish colors in both SDR content including desktop and HDR content.It become normal as soon as I turn off HDR and turn on it again in display settings - after...
  3. HDR - dull colors after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR - dull colors after reboot: Win 11 Pro, 22H2.I have HDR turned on and at some point it wasn't like that before after reboot I have very dull, greyish colors in both SDR content including desktop and HDR content.It become normal as soon as I turn off HDR and turn on it again in display settings - after...
  4. Custom color profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom color profile: I installed two color profiles for my monitor and got them to work perfectly fine. At first, I had an option within the display settings to quickly choose between them and I could see an instant change on my desktop. After restarting my computer, I no longer have that option...
  5. color range / color space

in Windows 10 Customization
    color range / color space: Im using a TV as a display. driver setting can be adjust either 16-235 or 0-255 color range. but is there a way to get a custom color range in windows? like somewhat in between limited and full range? reason behind is while in limited every tiny detail is visible but...
  6. HDR and Washed out colors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDR and Washed out colors: What's up guys so my new monitor is HDR compatible however whenever I enable HDR in games, it makes them look terrible. The colors are super washed out, the brights are dull and the blacks are boosted to like a grey-ish. I've updated the monitor firmware and installed the...
  7. Custom color filters

Custom color filters: I have been using the Windows 10 native "Invert" color filter at work so that I can read white text against a black background. The unfortunately consequence of this is that all the colors are inverted as well. (eg blue becomes orange, green becomes purple, etc) I am...
  8. Custom Color

Custom Color: If I try to use "Settings > Personalization > Colors > Custom Color", the color dialog opens and then the Settings window closes after a few seconds. I have tried this in high contrast and it does the same thing. Windows 10 1803. 122111
  9. Taskbar color customization

Taskbar color customization: Hi, Taskbar color choices are extremely limited in W10, very difficult to read tabs. What is wrong with MS.....? I tried run<"control color">, but it was useless as well. Is there any external tools that will allow me to customize taskbar color independently from...
  10. Custom Colors

Custom Colors: Add up to 8 Custom Colors in Settings/Personalization/Colors with this Registry Script. [img] Copy the Code and Paste into Notepad and save as Accents.reg file Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HDR color profile windows 10

2. DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G2084_NONE_P2020

3. windows 10 color space 709

4. hdr custom icc,
  5. windows HDR colorspace,
  6. hdr color space,
  7. custom color space,
  8. windows color space hdr,
  9. hdr color space profile for windows