Windows 10: HDR Youtube video turns black at random times

Discus and support HDR Youtube video turns black at random times in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have HDR on a HDR capable display (idk if its the right term, it's just hdr that my monitor can handle) and It's set through window's 10's windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gitrikt, Jun 17, 2020.

1. HDR Youtube video turns black at random times

I have HDR on a HDR capable display (idk if its the right term, it's just hdr that my monitor can handle) and It's set through window's 10's windows. when I open a video on youtube as soon as I fullscreen it, it turns black for a few seconds and whenever I press somewhere else (I have 2 screens so i usually want to watch youtube on one while the other is usable) - it will turn black again.

submitted by /u/gitrikt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gitrikt, Jun 17, 2020

2. HDR streaming not turning on.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern that the HDR streaming is crashing in your laptop. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?

However, we would like you to update the display/graphics driver to the latest version and also suggest you to refer this article and let us know the status of the issue:

Stream HDR video on Windows 10

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator.

Aditya_Roy, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - YouTube HDR ?

Hi, Yesterday I was watching HDR content on Youtube. Youtube Video displayed [HDR] logo.Today the same
    HDR content does not dislpay HDR logo at the bottom right but just
    HD ?

Could I be mistaken?

----

HDR Youtube video turns black at random times c9d22ea2-9cb6-4d29-9b7b-ead3ab8e6ecc?upload=true.png

----

My settings:

----

HDR Youtube video turns black at random times d9bb3b88-a731-4b73-9bfb-97f078a5617d?upload=true.png

----

Davidmw5009, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

HDR Youtube video turns black at random times

Screen flashes black when viewing a YouTube video

Hi Cody,

We need to gather more information for us to better assist you on your screen concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the flashing black screen issue?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop? If you're using a laptop, does your screen flashes black when using the built-in monitor? If you're using a desktop, do you experience the issue when using other monitors?
    • Does the issue only occur when you play YouTube videos?
    • Are you experiencing the flashing black screen issue while watching YouTube videos in full screen mode or while in window mode?
    • Do you experience the same concern when playing YouTube videos using other web browsers?

The issue may be occurring because of an incompatible application or the display driver is outdated. While we wait for the answers to our questions, kindly follow the steps found in this
    link. The article will provide you the steps that can usually resolve screen flickering issue in Windows

We await for your response.

Argel Obm, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

HDR Youtube video turns black at random times

1. HDR Youtube video turns black at random times - Similar Threads - HDR Youtube video

2. Background and icons turn black at random times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background and icons turn black at random times.: Hi, so i recently updated my windows 10 pc to windows 11. And i am still having an issue related to the desktop: at seemingly random moments when i update the desktop by either selecting with the mouse or hovering over an icon, the background turns black. Then when i restart...
  3. Background and icons turn black at random times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background and icons turn black at random times.: Hi, so i recently updated my windows 10 pc to windows 11. And i am still having an issue related to the desktop: at seemingly random moments when i update the desktop by either selecting with the mouse or hovering over an icon, the background turns black. Then when i restart...
  4. Black display after inadvertently turning on HDR

Black display after inadvertently turning on HDR: I got a black display after inadvertently turning on HDR. I was adding an external 4K monitor to my laptop. I clicked on HDR inadvertently. Both screens started flashing then went black. I rebooted. Lenovo boot logo comes up but the laptop screen stays black. I get a cursor...
  5. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  6. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

[HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  7. Black Screen after turning on HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen after turning on HDR: I recently got a new monitor that had HDR support, so I just went ahead and turned on HDR under display settings and that's it. The screen is fully black. I restarted the PC and the display goes black right after windows logo during boot. When I disconnected the new monitor...
  8. Black display after turning on HDR accidentally

Black display after turning on HDR accidentally: So, while adjusting my screen resolution, the HDR was turned on accidentally. Now, everything runs but I'm unable to see the screen as my monitor detects an input but the screen remains black. what should i do?...
  9. Turned on HDR, screen black, can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turned on HDR, screen black, can't turn it off: To elaborate on the title: I set up a computer on a regular 1080p screen. All updates installed, all's well. Put it next to the TV and connected. I log in and see that it automatically chose 4k resolution. Wonderful. I go into settings to turn on HDR. The second I do,...
  10. HDR Issue - Playing games or fullscreen Youtube videos

HDR Issue - Playing games or fullscreen Youtube videos: I recently got an LG HDR compatible monitor. I run with HDR on and for the most part have no issues. I have played 2 games since I got the monitor - Nier : Automata works fine, I also play an older game called Outland. Playing Outland is fine until I exit the game - the...