Windows 10: HDR

Discus and support HDR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was wondering if there is a way to make my HDR settings work when my current settings are SD...Is there software I can download or driver update or a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CallieWard90, Sep 9, 2019.

1. HDR

I was wondering if there is a way to make my HDR settings work when my current settings are SD...Is there software I can download or driver update or a specific cable I need to use?

:)

CallieWard90, Sep 9, 2019

2. Broken HDR over display port 1.4

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model of your monitor?
    2. Were you able to use HDR, prior to this issue?
    3. Was there any major change or update on your system, before which you were able to use the HDR option over display port 1.4?

Reply with the status of the issue, in-order to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hi Willy,

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you facing this issue with a particular game or all the games?
    2. Are the colors washed out in the game?
    3. How do you get to know that HDR mode gets disabled?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:
    Update Graphics Card Drivers.

Try updating the Display Drivers,
    restart the computer once after updating the drivers, and check for the issue.

Method 2:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10
    and check if this helps.

Also, please refer to the section Display requirements for HDR in Windows 10 from the above article to check the compatibility of your monitor for HDR.

Method 3:
    Reduce Frame Rate.

Step 1: Go to Settings
    > System > Display
    > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties.

Step 2: Switch to
    Monitor
    tab > Select 30 Hertz for the Screen refresh rate and click on
    OK.

Step 3: If you cannot find the option to change
    Frame Rate, reduce resolution by going to Display adapter properties, switch to
    Adapter tab, and select List All Modes.

Step 4: In List All Modes, select the setting that includes
    1920 by 1080, 60 Hertz, then select OK.

Step 5: Once you make the changes,
    restart the computer once and check for the issue.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 9, 2019
  4. HDR

I could turn on the HDR and WCG setting on initially today when I connected a new HDR TV.

Hello,

I understand that you are unable to turn on HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10. This issue might occur due to incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to roll back the display drivers and check if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press 'Windows
    + R' key together on your Keyboard.

2. Type 'devmgmt.msc' and hit enter.

3. Expand the display adapter option from the list.

4. Right click on the driver and click on 'Properties'.

5. Click on 'Driver' tab and check for 'Roll Back Driver'. If the roll back option is available, roll back the driver and restart the
    computer.

If you are still facing issues with color after enabling HDR on your PC and if you’re using an HDMI connection and your display supports HDR over a DisplayPort connection, use DisplayPort instead to connect your PC and display.

• If HDMI is your only option, use that, and then do one of the following:

Reduce the frame rate

1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties.
      2. In the display’s Properties box, select the Monitor tab, select 30 Hertz for the Screen refresh rate, and then select OK.

- OR -

Reduce the resolution

1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties
      2. On the Adapter tab, select List All Modes.

In List All Modes, select the setting that includes 1920 by 1080, 60 Hertz, and then select OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

HDR

1. HDR - Similar Threads - HDR

2. why dose HDR makes my screen flicker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why dose HDR makes my screen flicker: Hi all,I recently enabled HDR and upped my refresh rate to 240 which my computer supports. I run a AMD R5600X with a 4060ET. After enabling these settings my screen seems to flicker between on and black. I don't know what is causing these outages and i have tried upping the...
  3. why dose HDR makes my screen flicker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why dose HDR makes my screen flicker: Hi all,I recently enabled HDR and upped my refresh rate to 240 which my computer supports. I run a AMD R5600X with a 4060ET. After enabling these settings my screen seems to flicker between on and black. I don't know what is causing these outages and i have tried upping the...
  4. HDR is say it's not suppourted

HDR is say it's not suppourted: I have an Alienware ultrawide 34.18 inch aw3423dw that suppourts HDR how do I get it to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-say-its-not-suppourted/3afb608e-879b-40a0-8f1a-66d6deb51ce2
  5. HDR is say it's not suppourted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR is say it's not suppourted: I have an Alienware ultrawide 34.18 inch aw3423dw that suppourts HDR how do I get it to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-say-its-not-suppourted/3afb608e-879b-40a0-8f1a-66d6deb51ce2
  6. Disable auto HDR Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable auto HDR Windows 10: im having an issue with Battlefield V where when i launch it HDR auto enables but in windows "Use HDR" is turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-hdr-windows-10/de0b67f0-03d9-4aaa-aa02-e07a3a34a935
  7. Disable auto HDR Windows 10

Disable auto HDR Windows 10: im having an issue with Battlefield V where when i launch it HDR auto enables but in windows "Use HDR" is turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-hdr-windows-10/de0b67f0-03d9-4aaa-aa02-e07a3a34a935
  8. Disable auto HDR Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Snipping Tool not working properly when HDR plus 10bits are enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool not working properly when HDR plus 10bits are enabled: Hello!Just bought a new monitor Dell Alienware AW3423DWF.I've noticed that the taken screenshots from some apps aren't looking the same as the original content. Here is an example captured on camera:Left - ShareXCenter - the originalRight - Snipping ToolHere is my...
  10. Snipping Tool not working properly when HDR plus 10bits are enabled

Snipping Tool not working properly when HDR plus 10bits are enabled: Hello!Just bought a new monitor Dell Alienware AW3423DWF.I've noticed that the taken screenshots from some apps aren't looking the same as the original content. Here is an example captured on camera:Left - ShareXCenter - the originalRight - Snipping ToolHere is my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hdr display port