Windows 10: he drag-and-drop in the taskbar does not work anymore

Discus and support he drag-and-drop in the taskbar does not work anymore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,It's been a few weeks that the drag and drop in task bar doesn't work anymore...However, since the 22h2 version it was working but since a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VictorMassicot, Dec 8, 2022.

1. he drag-and-drop in the taskbar does not work anymore

Hello,It's been a few weeks that the drag and drop in task bar doesn't work anymore...However, since the 22h2 version it was working but since a few weeks it is not working anymore, and it is back to the way it was before... why?I am on W11 Professional Build 22621.900Thanks

:)

VictorMassicot, Dec 8, 2022

2. Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Dec 8, 2022
  3. Drag and drop in Windows 11

Drag and Drop is now available in Windows 11 Beta Channel.

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22581 | Windows Insider Blog

Changes and Improvements

[Taskbar]

• Drag and drop is now supported on the Windows 11 taskbar. Quickly drag and drop files between app windows, by hovering over apps in the taskbar to bring their windows to the foreground. Try attaching a file to an Outlook e-mail by dragging it and hovering over the Outlook icon in the taskbar to bring the window to the foreground. Once in the foreground, drop your file into the e-mail to attach it. You can also customize your taskbar with your favorite apps from Start’s All apps list by dragging and dropping over the taskbar to pin them. You can also drag and drop to the desktop via “Show desktop” at the very right corner of the taskbar.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Dec 8, 2022
  4. he drag-and-drop in the taskbar does not work anymore

Windows 11 drag and drop feature in task bar

It has been added to WIndows 11 Beta Channel.

Changes and Improvements

[Taskbar]

• Drag and drop is now supported on the Windows 11 taskbar. Quickly drag and drop files between app windows, by hovering over apps in the taskbar to bring their windows to the foreground. Try attaching a file to an Outlook e-mail by dragging it and hovering over the Outlook icon in the taskbar to bring the window to the foreground. Once in the foreground, drop your file into the e-mail to attach it. You can also customize your taskbar with your favorite apps from Start’s All apps list by dragging and dropping over the taskbar to pin them. You can also drag and drop to the desktop via “Show desktop” at the very right corner of the taskbar.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

he drag-and-drop in the taskbar does not work anymore

1. he drag-and-drop in the taskbar does not work anymore - Similar Threads - drag drop taskbar

2. Drag and Drop Stops Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and Drop Stops Working: I am running windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3086 Computer specs belowAny time I boot up my computer, the drag and drop works like normal for a while. However, when I leave my computer idling for a period of time uninterrupted screen on and everything, and/or when...
  3. Drag and Drop Stops Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and Drop Stops Working: I am running windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3086 Computer specs belowAny time I boot up my computer, the drag and drop works like normal for a while. However, when I leave my computer idling for a period of time uninterrupted screen on and everything, and/or when...
  4. Drag and drop not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and drop not working properly: Hello,I've just noticed that I can't drag and drop properly; IE: Right click and hold on a file or folder, then drag to destination; release right button and context menu will come up, then select. What I'm getting is a red circle with a red slash through it if I try to drag...
  5. Drag and drop not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop not working properly: Hello,I've just noticed that I can't drag and drop properly; IE: Right click and hold on a file or folder, then drag to destination; release right button and context menu will come up, then select. What I'm getting is a red circle with a red slash through it if I try to drag...
  6. Drag and drop not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. he drag-and-drop in the taskbar does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    he drag-and-drop in the taskbar does not work anymore: Hello,It's been a few weeks that the drag and drop in task bar doesn't work anymore...However, since the 22h2 version it was working but since a few weeks it is not working anymore, and it is back to the way it was before... why?I am on W11 Professional Build 22621.900Thanks...
  8. Drag and Drop to Windows Taskbar App No Longer Working

Drag and Drop to Windows Taskbar App No Longer Working: I have always been able to drag one or more files from a folder to an open minimized App on the Windows 10 taskbar and have that App open up so that I can drop the files on there and open the files in that App. Lately, this has stopped working. I'm guessing some Windows...
  9. Drag and drop not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drag and drop not working: Can somebody help me how to fix drag and drop cuz i'm having some difficulties trying to fix it submitted by /u/tinki_vinkiii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j08xv2/drag_and_drop_not_working/
  10. drag and drop does not work

drag and drop does not work: drag and drop does not work why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-does-not-work/57c0cb22-5019-4867-8a78-2d9a4d5d05e4"