Windows 10: Head phones plugged in but audio coming out of speakers

Discus and support Head phones plugged in but audio coming out of speakers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; THis happens and Dolby Unbound Sound keeps turning on automatically, how do I disable it permanently. THanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LimWeize, May 7, 2021.

1. LimWeize Win User

Head phones plugged in but audio coming out of speakers

THis happens and Dolby Unbound Sound keeps turning on automatically, how do I disable it permanently. THanks

:)

LimWeize, May 7, 2021

2. Xbox game bar audio coming out of speakers and not headset

My xbox game bar audio output device is set to my razer headset, but the audio comes out of my speakers instead. I unplugged and plugged back in my headset, and restarted my computer. I also tried unplugging my speakers, but then I have no audio. Everything
    else comes out of my headset, just the xbox party audio comes out of my head set. How to I fix this?

MickeyPham, May 7, 2021
  3. applepie Win User
    Windows 10: No Sound coming out of earphones (only speakers work)

It's a laptop (dual booting Win10[recently upgraded from win7 64bit] and Elementary OS Freya)

It's nothing to do with hardware issues

Earphones worked fine on my Elementary OS so my audio jack is definitely not broken or anything like that. Earphones work on my phone as well so i'm quite positive it's to do with windows 10 only.

No sound coming out of earphones

There's no sound coming out of the earphones, and I'm sure it's nothing to do with them because they work fine when I plug them into my phone. Also, I've tried another pair of earphones which resulted the same. However, the sound works perfectly without the earphones plugged into my laptop, the speakers are fine.

unsure if it's to do with drivers

I've tried uninstalling the Realtek HD audio drivers, reinstalling and nothing works.

However, I have Windows 10 but could only find drivers for Windows 7/8

settings

I've googled a bit and most would suggest something like checking the playback devices but the only one on my list is 'Speakers'.

Realtek detected my earphones

When I plug in my earphones, Realtek detected them and even popped up the notification saying 'you just plugged a device into the audio jack'

http://imgur.com/dFqaTU1
    as shown in the picture, when i toggle my mouse onto the black circle, it clearly detected something was plugged in, but somehow audio just won't play through my earphones.

applepie, May 7, 2021
  4. claudsg Win User

No speakers or headphones are plugged in Windows 10

Hi, so I ran the find any problem devices and nothing seemed to pop up. When running the audio trouble shooting the problem found was "low audio device volume" and when I hover over audio button with the red cross it says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" when mine are and I got the little pop up window saying that a device had been plugged in. It's not allowing me to turn up the volume either. If I try to play sound rather than it coming out of my pc's speakers or my headphone nothing comes out

claudsg, May 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Head phones plugged in but audio coming out of speakers - Similar Threads - Head phones plugged

2. No audio coming out of speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio coming out of speakers: I've been having this problem for 2 days now, I've tried every playback device and checked the control panel sound tab, it shows that audio should be playing through but nothing is coming out, for some reason the speakers output sound when plugged into the side headphone jack...
  3. No audio coming out of speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio coming out of speakers: I've been having this problem for 2 days now, I've tried every playback device and checked the control panel sound tab, it shows that audio should be playing through but nothing is coming out, for some reason the speakers output sound when plugged into the side headphone jack...
  4. No audio coming out of speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out: Hi there,My sound has stopped working on my computer. I have Windows 10. I've had this problem before but after rebooting it usually comes back. I've tried doing that several times and it's not working. It's been two days now. I installed Driver Easy per info when looking for...
  6. Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out: Hi there,My sound has stopped working on my computer. I have Windows 10. I've had this problem before but after rebooting it usually comes back. I've tried doing that several times and it's not working. It's been two days now. I installed Driver Easy per info when looking for...
  7. Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out

8. speaker and head phone do not work

speaker and head phone do not work: [ATTACH] My DEL laptop sounds do not come up. Both speaker and head phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-and-head-phone-do-not-work/e318f6b6-0b14-4465-8d3e-f8de72f083ac
  9. when headphones plugged in sound comes out of speaker to.

when headphones plugged in sound comes out of speaker to.: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop and ever since I downloaded the latest windows update my audio has been really glitchy, first off whenever I use headphones I have to restart my laptop for them to work secondly, when headphones are plugged in audio plays from the speaker thirdly...
  10. Headphones plugged in but audio coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones plugged in but audio coming from speakers: Hi, this problem has been annoying me for days so I thought I'd post here. A few months ago I got wireless earbuds. I ended up returning them and after that the problems started. When I plugged in my headphones the audio was playing out loud. I disabled bluetooth and it...