Windows 10: Head scratcher Thunderbird mail

Discus and support Head scratcher Thunderbird mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When my sister in law opens Thrunderbird on her laptop it loads and starts about twenty instances of it. Its the only program that does it. I've... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BillPa, Mar 2, 2019.

1. BillPa Win User

Head scratcher Thunderbird mail

When my sister in law opens Thrunderbird on her laptop it loads and starts about twenty instances of it. Its the only program that does it. I've checked everything I think off short of reinstalling but I'd like to find out why.
    Any ideas?

:)

BillPa, Mar 2, 2019
  2. SK-1 Win User

Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

I need to change from Thunderbird,...can you list some alternatives?

SK-1, Mar 2, 2019
  3. pbmaster Win User
    Thunderbird problems

Right, so my gf's dad tried to back up his mail from Thunderbird to a network HDD by changing the location of the local folder for all his accounts, which is like 3 or 4. Now, none of his mail or accounts show up in Thunderbird and they aren't listed on the network drive. I was able to locate all the mail in its original location in AppData, but I don't know how to get it back to the way it was. Any ideas would help, thanks in advance.

pbmaster, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Head scratcher Thunderbird mail

Thunderbird Mail Disappearing

Ok so this may or may not be the right area for this, but I wasn't really about to find a place for it and it is kind of network related.

So I have a client of mine that worked for a real estate company, and was about to leave the company, and wanted to keep his emails. So I downloaded Thunderbird, and saved all the emails for offline mode, and while I was there verified that without an active internet connection that the emails were still within thunderbird and completely accessible.

He called today, saying that his emails aren't showing up in thunderbird. I remotely connected to his computer to investigate and somehow, the emails were no longer in offline storage, they were gone completely. We were both aware that within 24 hours of him leaving the place of business that his email account was going to be deleted and once deleted he could no longer receive new emails from that email and would only be able to access the ones that we saved offline. I have no clue where the emails went, some of them are listed in the %appdata% roaming folder for thunderbird, but none of them are appearing in thunderbird and I can't open the file for the emails or the .msf folder files in thunderbird to get access to them. When I try to it just attaches it to an email and tries to send it.

I'm at a loss, hopefully you guys have some answer to this problem, whether it be hack the email server to get them back, or some sly way to open .msf folders(all the emails are in %appdata% roaming for thunderbird), but I can't think of anything. Please help and many thanks

Exile_Chavez, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Head scratcher Thunderbird mail

1. Head scratcher Thunderbird mail - Similar Threads - Head scratcher Thunderbird

2. A Few Issues with Thunderbird Mail Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Few Issues with Thunderbird Mail Client: Greetings all, Win 7 Ultimate 1 TB SATA HD 2g's ram 2.8 GZ I started using Thunderbird e-mail client (V 89.0.1) (TB) about 1-2 weeks ago and have had quite a few problems, mostly due to my limited knowledge of this "new-to-me" program.... 1...When I click on any link sent...
  3. Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!: I found instructions in this forum on how to remove my email account from Windows Mail, after I noticed that it was placing copies of my Outlook email there. But I don't use Windows Mail and did not set it up. I use Thunderbird and have for years. So I searched for a...
  4. thunderbird

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    thunderbird: I can't get the reply and the other one's up on my computer. Jim Bates 860-361-6805 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thunderbird/50269599-4041-4eb1-8178-0befe3763d4d
  5. Remote Assistance don't send mail with thunderbird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Assistance don't send mail with thunderbird: Hello, I'm sure i'm not the only one guy with this issue. Since some new versions of w10, RemoteAssistance can't open the client SMAPI of thunderbird. I use windbg, procmon, ida and i see that LoadLibraryA returns "ERROR_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH 577 0x241 : Windows cannot...
  6. Task Scheduler HEAD SCRATCHER

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler HEAD SCRATCHER: I asked a PC Expert on YouTube for help. I wanted a way to force Defender to do a weekly full scan (not the quick scans it prefers doing). Brian (the kind Brit PC guru) posted a tutorial using Task Scheduler here -- How to Schedule a FULL Scan with Windows Defender - YouTube...
  7. Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird: How do I import address book from Thunderbird to Windows Mail? What protocol does Mail support? 59694
  8. Typing issues with thunderbird mail composition

in Browsers and Email
    Typing issues with thunderbird mail composition: Dell inspiron special edition laptop, 1 year old with 250GB SSD and 8GB ram. Intel 6500u. Win 10 Home OEM, now 1703 15063.483. All updates/upgrades thru Windows Update. Since the Anniversary Update I have intermittant typing issues when composing email in Thunderbird 45.8. My...
  9. Sendto function in Windows 10 - Mail- Outlook- Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Sendto function in Windows 10 - Mail- Outlook- Thunderbird: With a new Acer Aspire E 15 and Windows 10, the Sendto function would only default to Outlook. Messages would not send unless Outlook was open. Could not get the sendto option to use Mail10. Therefore installed Thunderbird. Works perfectly. Right click sendto, fill in...
  10. Win Live Mail & Thunderbird "Poof" Email

in Browsers and Email
    Win Live Mail & Thunderbird "Poof" Email: Hi, All First time in the forum. In Win Live Mail when I click on an email it goes poof! and disappears. This is an intermittent occurrence, but now it is happening more frequently. Occasionally, I can find it in Trash, but not very often. I installed Thunderbird,...