Windows 10: Headers in search bar

Discus and support Headers in search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I come requesting help A couple of days ago I noticed while I was searching through files on my computer, that the search bar had changed.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Windryn, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Windryn Win User

Headers in search bar

Hello, I come requesting help

A couple of days ago I noticed while I was searching through files on my computer, that the search bar had changed. There were now black dot around on the screen. When I paid attention a little more I came to the realizations that these seemed to be text headers.

I was wondering if there is a way to turn this setting off. or disable it somehow. Any or all recommendations would be appreciated.

I've updated my graphics card, and no matter of internet searching has found me an answer.

Thank you for your time.

Windryn,

Headers in search bar 3a3bc307-a82f-42f7-8099-426d3f8f3c03?upload=true.png

:)

Windryn, Jan 23, 2021

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 23, 2021
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Headers in search bar

Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Headers in search bar

1. Headers in search bar - Similar Threads - Headers search bar

2. Header over search bar UI suddenly showed up today.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Header over search bar UI suddenly showed up today.: Hello, I would like to inquire as to why a header such as this one would randomly show up over the search bar UI and how I can get rid of it. In particular this one seems to have my university´s logo, and the only correlation I can see with this, is that I am signed into my...
  3. Header over search bar UI suddenly showed up today.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Header over search bar UI suddenly showed up today.: Hello, I would like to inquire as to why a header such as this one would randomly show up over the search bar UI and how I can get rid of it. In particular this one seems to have my university´s logo, and the only correlation I can see with this, is that I am signed into my...
  4. Header over search bar UI suddenly showed up today.

in Cortana
  5. Search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar: When I go into settings, file search or even the search bar in the bottom left.My computer constantly clicks the search bar.It doesn't do this on google chrome or any other non windows software.I have tried replacing my mouse and this did not work.Why is it doing this? It...
  6. search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    search bar: i have a new laptop Lenovo legion y540-17IRH and on the bottom bar next to the windows icon there is this little searchbar but im unable to use it. when i klick on it there is no reaction....
  7. Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar: After the latest update, I can type no more than three characters in the search bar next to the start button. I'm on version Version 1909 Build 18363.959. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can offer. submitted by /u/patco81 [link] [comments]...
  8. search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    search bar: Can I remove the search bar? I find it irritating and I don't use Chrome. 157359
  9. Search bar

in Cortana
    Search bar: After installing the latest update for windows 10 from microsoft updates I noticed that I'm unable to type anything into the search bar. I've tried several things found on various windows forums with no success. I've also uninstalled the said latest update but no joy. Is...
  10. getting rid of title bar header

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    getting rid of title bar header: I want to print an updated version of my resume but when I print the heading always shows my name-updated resume how do I get rid of this so the page just shows my resume information?...