Windows 10: headphone and microphone jack both not working

Discus and support headphone and microphone jack both not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my headphone and microphone jacks both on the front and back of my computer have completely stopped working. at first the computer recognized speakers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ashlyncolwell, Aug 18, 2020.

1. headphone and microphone jack both not working

my headphone and microphone jacks both on the front and back of my computer have completely stopped working. at first the computer recognized speakers as being plugged in, but no sound would come out. but now, even when i plug in speakers and microphones, they dont even show up.

ive tried installing drivers, restoring my pc, everything.

:)

ashlyncolwell, Aug 18, 2020

2. microphone jack not working

So i finally decide to buy a headset, and i plugged the headphone jack into the audio jack which works,but when it comes to microphone jack it don't work.
    it doesn't show that its a headset on windows 7 audio device, so i thought i'll try my case sound jacks..but i have 2 connectors on the case 1 is AC_97 and another is HD_Audio and i don't know which one i plug into i only have one F_audio connector on my motherboard,is that even the right socket to get my case audio jack to work?
    Someone help me please

kurosagi01, Aug 18, 2020
  3. 米托 Win User
    headphone and microphone jack not working

I am using windows 10 pro 16299, on an Acer laptop, the headphone and microphone jacks are one next to the other. I have been using Win10 for a long time, both devices worked just fine. Due to some reason, I reinstalled win10 OS yesterday, and both devices
    were still working.

Today I left with my laptop on for an hour, when I came back, the headphone is not working, but if I unplug the headphone, the internal speakers do work fine. First I thought it was a driver problem, so I replaced the default driver (installed automatically
    with the os), with Realtek one I found on Acer's support website, the problem remains the same, then I replaced wit with the latest version I found on Realtek's website, still the same problem. I can receive sound from the HDMI output headphone jack, and the
    laptop internal headphone jack works under Linux.

Because I was not in front of the computer, I am not sure if something happened, but when I came back, there was no error or warning alert pop out window. Before I left, the system was seemed downloading some update, the headphone jack problem occurred before
    I reboot and install the update.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

米托, Aug 18, 2020
  4. 米托 Win User

headphone and microphone jack both not working

headphone and microphone jack not working

It's Acer aspire 5745G

I have tried all the suggestions you mentioned, most of them are trying to fix the driver, which I am not sure if that's the problem cause, since the internal speakers worked just fine with these driver, only the headphone jack is not working.

米托, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

headphone and microphone jack both not working

1. headphone and microphone jack both not working - Similar Threads - headphone microphone jack

2. headphone jack not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    headphone jack not working: hi, my headphone jack is not working, i thought it was a problem with the hardware, but it might be with the software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-not-working/2c88511a-bec2-4417-8797-294affcbfaad
  3. headphone jack not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone jack not working: hi, my headphone jack is not working, i thought it was a problem with the hardware, but it might be with the software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-not-working/2c88511a-bec2-4417-8797-294affcbfaad
  4. headphone jack not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphone Jack not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone Jack not working: Good Day,I have a Lenovo Ideapad 100 150ibyThe speaker is working fine but when I plug any type of Headset thru the Headphone port. It dosent detect it.I feel like it's not a hardware problem because when I plug my headphones I can hear the Static when Im plugging it.I tried...
  6. Headphone jack not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone jack not working: My headphones were working perfectly fine until a couple hours ago when they just stopped working.I tested the headphones and they work perfectly fine,so the problem is with the headphone jack.The headphones are not detected in control panel and I've tried reinstalling the...
  7. Headphone Jack Not Working

Headphone Jack Not Working: I've had this problem where my headphone jack isn't working. It's not a problem with my headphones as I have plugged them in to other devices and they work fine. If i connect my headphones to my Xbox controller and connect it to my PC they work. This is just very odd and I...
  8. headphone jack is not working

headphone jack is not working: head phone jack works when i disable and re-enable audio driver and after removing when i re-plugged headphone it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-is-not-working/220d93b5-19aa-4fff-b005-f54e21087d91
  9. headphone jack not working

headphone jack not working: on my win.10 Inspiron all-in-1, the headphone jack is inoperable. went to sound and in playback tab, speakers/headphones from Realtek are selected as default device??? I've been threw troubleshooting, support, microsoft and intel. anyone w/same... please share fix info...
  10. headphone jack not working

headphone jack not working: I plug in my headphones and nothing happens. Sound stops coming from computer speakers but does not come out of headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-not-working/8fc540a7-d9a2-4a65-8da4-c1d696e06743