Windows 10: Headphone and Microphone Splitter Not Working for Laptop

Discus and support Headphone and Microphone Splitter Not Working for Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Acer Spin 311. I've wanted to use this lapel microphone I bought recently, but I realized that a USB cord would've been better than a audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrookeAD, Nov 1, 2020.

1. BrookeAD Win User

Headphone and Microphone Splitter Not Working for Laptop

I have an Acer Spin 311. I've wanted to use this lapel microphone I bought recently, but I realized that a USB cord would've been better than a audio jack a little too late.

So I bought a "splitter" for both microphones and headphones. The way my computer works, is that whenever I plug something into the audio jack, it asks me if I plugged in headphones, headset, or if I still want to have speakers out.

I told the computer headset, plugged in both the headphones and microphone in the right places the pair of headphones I have come with a microphone, if that means anything. And then I recorded myself, and nothing was coming through. I could hear everything just fine, but microphone? Zilch. Nothing.

I have no clue what to do. The splitter works fine with my phone, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any help on this? I want to use this microphone ASAP.

:)

BrookeAD, Nov 1, 2020
  2. ReeceU Win User

Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally
    when I would plug the splitter in, a prompt would appear asking what type of device was just plugged in, options were headphones, speakers, microphone, headset, and one or two other options that I don't remember because I never used them. I would select "headset"
    and it would work just fine. Recently, something changed. This prompt no longer appears, and my computer no longer acknowledges the microphone on my headset, instead using the default internal microphone. The headphones still play audio like normal, but I
    have found no way to get the microphone working.

If I just plug the microphone chord into the audio jack, it still does not work, and the computer refuses to play audio.

So far I have tried:

• Uninstalling and re-installing the audio drivers (multiple times)
    • Updating windows
    • Running the audio troubleshooters (Both for playing audio and recording)
    • Checking for updates to Dolby
    • Scanning for hardware changes in device manager
    • Disabling the default microphone
    None of these have done anything.

I'm really at a loss here. I consider myself pretty computer savvy but nothing I've tried has gotten me anywhere.

ReeceU, Nov 1, 2020
  3. user40146 Win User
    How can I make an external microphone work with a splitter cable on a laptop with a unified audio jack?

I have an HP Pavilion x360 laptop, with Windows 10 installed. I bought an external microphone that plugs into an audio jack, but discovered that the HP Pavilion's unified audio jack for combination headphone/mic headsets doesn't work with devices that are just microphones. After researching online, I discovered that you can use a splitter cable with it to plug in headphones and a mic, but after purchasing a splitter cable, my computer still didn't register the microphone (although it did register the headphones plugged into the other half of the splitter cable).

How can I get my computer to recognize the microphone?

user40146, Nov 1, 2020
  4. JosephT71 Win User

Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter

"These definitely work" --- do you mean the splitter cable on your laptop?

Have you set the privacy setting to allow microphone usage?

JosephT71, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Headphone and Microphone Splitter Not Working for Laptop - Similar Threads - Headphone Microphone Splitter

2. Why is my headphone splitter on pc not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my headphone splitter on pc not working?: Hello, so recently I have been playing games like fortnite on my pc and when I am on keyboard and mouse I had the headset plugged in to the pc, so I could hear the game but others couldn't hear me through the mic. So I bought a headphone splitter to see if it would work then....
  3. Why is my headphone splitter on pc not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my headphone splitter on pc not working?: Hello, so recently I have been playing games like fortnite on my pc and when I am on keyboard and mouse I had the headset plugged in to the pc, so I could hear the game but others couldn't hear me through the mic. So I bought a headphone splitter to see if it would work then....
  4. Headphone microphone not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone microphone not working.: I have Beats Studio 3 Headphones which work with either Bluetooth or wired. When I have it wired into my pc, the audio sounds fine but I can't use the built in mic my headphones have. If I connect the headphones through Bluetooth, the mic works but both the audio and mic...
  5. Headphone Jack Splitter Fix?

Headphone Jack Splitter Fix?: For a very long time I have been using a splitter to use my single jack earbuds. For some reason it stopped working and if It doesn't work if I have both jacks plugged in. If i plug the mic in the mic works. If I plug the headphones in it works, but both never work at the...
  6. Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter

Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter: Hi guys, I just spent about $10 getting a replacement cable for my headphones that has a mic built in. It's a 3.5mm headset cable has both mic and headphone audio that I've connected to a Y-splitter that goes to a mic cable and a headphone cable. These definitely work as...
  7. headphone splitter

headphone splitter: my pc has two ports for mic and speakers. they have been working fine till yesterday. whenever my audio jack is in i can hear but when my mic jack is also in i cant hear anything. i went to control panel to see what was wrong and whenever the mic was in it didn't register the...
  8. Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working: My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally when I would plug...
  9. Headphone's microphone not working

Headphone's microphone not working: My laptop doesn't detect my headphone as it doesn't show up on connected devices, I can hear sounds through it but others can't hear me. I have tried another pair of earphones but the problem persists....
  10. Headphone microphone not working.

Headphone microphone not working.: So, here iam im sorry im not good in english but ill try to explain as well as possible. I have this new headphone for over a year it has nice sound and has a microphone that is in the cable (look just normal). But i have a realtek HD audiodriver and it automaticly pops up...