Windows 10: headphone audio device not showing

Discus and support headphone audio device not showing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, today i was planning to get on my PC to play Minecraft and the sound was coming from my built in speakers. i thought it was weird so i went to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RyeParsons, Apr 4, 2021.

1. headphone audio device not showing

So, today i was planning to get on my PC to play Minecraft and the sound was coming from my built in speakers. i thought it was weird so i went to the panel to check if my output device was still there and it wasn't. I've restarted a few times but no luck. i would be happy if someone helped out!

:)

RyeParsons, Apr 4, 2021

2. Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

OK, so this happened to me on my laptop. It wanted to use the realtek drivers no matter what. Let me show you what to do.
    Step 1. Open the start menu and type 'Device Manager' in the search bar. Click on the result.

Step 2.
    headphone audio device not showing [​IMG]
    You'll see this window appear.

Step 3.
    Expand the 'Sound , video and game controllers' category.

Step 4. Find 'Realtek High Definition Audio' in the list, then right click it and select Properties.

Step 5.
    Click on the 'Driver' tab near the top of the window.

Step 6.
    Now click on the button that says 'Roll back driver'.
    If the button is dimmed, make sure your Realtek drivers are currently installed.

Step 6. If you did it correctly, the system should ask you to restart to finish. If it does then you finished the tutorial correctly!
    Once restarted, Open device manager again using step 1. Expand the 'sound, video and game controllers' category again.

Step 7. If it says 'High Definition Audio Device' then you did it right. Here's a pic for example purposes:

ThatsNiceGuy, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hi Cheriah,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if the headphones get detected under Device manager?
    • Did you try installing the headphones driver on the PC?
    • Does the headphones work fine when connected to other computer?

You may be facing the above issue due to some of the system components conflicting with the headphones driver on the computer. You might also face the above issue if there is any hardware components missing from the headphones due to pulling the device
    abruptly.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if the headphone works on connecting to other computer. If the device works without any issues on other PC’s, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible audio
    drivers for Windows 10 OS from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: Set your headphone as your default audio device. To do so, follow these steps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select "Playback Devices".
    • On a empty space, right click and select both Show Disconnected/Disabled Devices
    • Check if your headphone is shown in the devices list.
    • If yes, right click on it select and Set as default device.
    Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 4, 2021
  4. headphone audio device not showing

Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

headphone audio device not showing

1. headphone audio device not showing - Similar Threads - headphone audio device

2. No Audio and headphones not appearing as a device anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio and headphones not appearing as a device anymore: all of a sudden my headphones are not showing as devices i can add and I cannot hear anything! I currently have VB audio downloaded which allows me to play music through mic and that works but Im unable to hear any music or audio suddenly Worked in the past. In settings my...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones Connect but do not show as Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Connect but do not show as Audio Device: Firstly, thank you in advance for your concern and your willingness to help out. Last week, I shut down my computer after a zoom call where I was using my Sony Bluetooth headphones. When I restarted, the Headphones connect to bluetooth but dont show as audio devices. Laptop:...
  4. Bluetooth headphones don't show up as audio device?

Bluetooth headphones don't show up as audio device?: I'm using a pair of Bose headphones. The bluetooth connected, I think, so it shows up as paired but in the "other devices" section, and I can't figure out how to route audio output to it....
  5. Headphones shown in "Other Devices" but not in Audio

Headphones shown in "Other Devices" but not in Audio: I have used my headphones on this computer for a year plus but now it stopped working. I have updated all of my drivers I have updated my computer & Windows 10 I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Headphones to Bluetooth Whenever I connect the headphones, the PC says...
  6. the headphone is not showing in the audio settings

the headphone is not showing in the audio settings: when i connect my headphone to my pc it works but i cant find it the settings , is there a solution? it happened suddenly today https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-headphone-is-not-showing-in-the-audio-settings/5ef047b6-e8c3-4d79-9bb3-c162a4e4ddcd
  7. Headphones as another audio device

Headphones as another audio device: Hello I've been trying to set up my headphones on my PC, for more ease of use. They work fine, I have no problem with that. I wanted to use SoundSwitch software to switch between them as audio output and my PC laptop speakers. I would like to avoid disconnecting them each...
  8. Audio won't go through headphones and headphones won't show up in playback devices.

Audio won't go through headphones and headphones won't show up in playback devices.: If I plug in my headphones and play audio, I won't hear any audio. I went to playback devices and even after selecting to show disconnected or disabled devices, no headphones will show up. What do I do? I've tried multiple pairs of headphones....
  9. Headphones not showing in output audio devices on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones not showing in output audio devices on laptop: [ATTACH] I installed Dolby Access and I have to choose my headphones from audio devices list but they are not there. If I choose default speakers it says they're not compatible....
  10. Headphones not showing in Playback Devices

Headphones not showing in Playback Devices: So I've just finished installing the creators update and only Speakers are showing in Playback Devices. I've tried updating my sound drivers as well as selecting 'Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices'. I've also run the troubleshooter. Headphones do not appear as an option in...