Windows 10: Headphone audio feels... distant? Muffled/echoey

Discus and support Headphone audio feels... distant? Muffled/echoey in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I really don’t know how to explain it, but I know it isn’t a headphone problem because it works perfectly on my PS4. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheSecondDirection, May 30, 2020.

1. Headphone audio feels... distant? Muffled/echoey

I really don’t know how to explain it, but I know it isn’t a headphone problem because it works perfectly on my PS4.

submitted by /u/TheSecondDirection
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheSecondDirection, May 30, 2020

2. Audio on Bluetooth Headphones is Muffled after recent Windows Update.

So a couple of days ago Windows 10 installed an update on my computer (ASUS TP500LA) and now the audio comes through very muffled on my Bluetooth headphones. This has upset me very much because I have tried the following: updating the drivers, unchecking
    the Audio Enhancements box, and I have also turned off Handsfree Telephony in the Control Panel. Can someone suggest something that I am possibly not doing?

Thanks.

CaliBruin22, May 30, 2020
  3. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 100s and through my headphones I can hear the audio but it is muffled.

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 100s and through my headphones I can hear the audio but it is muffled. How do I fix this issue? Thank you.

Original Title : Muffled sound

BriannaBarajas, May 30, 2020
  4. Headphone audio feels... distant? Muffled/echoey

IDT High Definition Audio Codec MUFFLED SOUND with speakers/headphones, Windows 10

Method 1 results:

Repair suggested was increase the audio device volume because the audio device volume might be too low to hear, which is not the problem.

Method 2:

I do not think IDT provides drivers and was unable to find any on their website.

Is the sound muffled because the 2011 drivers are no longer compatible with Windows 10?

What about when there is no sound through speakers/headphones with the generic audio driver?

Thank you for your help and patience,

Philippe

Philippe229, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Headphone audio feels... distant? Muffled/echoey

1. Headphone audio feels... distant? Muffled/echoey - Similar Threads - Headphone audio feels

2. Audio suddenly echoey or muffled/bad quality sounding after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio suddenly echoey or muffled/bad quality sounding after restarting: So long story short, i was playing raft with my boyfriend when he started to hear an echo from my side. i unplugged my headset audio jack and plugged it back in, but I couldn't hear anything, even when troubleshooting for sound issues. i restarted, and suddenly my audio in my...
  3. Audio suddenly echoey or muffled/bad quality sounding after restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio suddenly echoey or muffled/bad quality sounding after restarting: So long story short, i was playing raft with my boyfriend when he started to hear an echo from my side. i unplugged my headset audio jack and plugged it back in, but I couldn't hear anything, even when troubleshooting for sound issues. i restarted, and suddenly my audio in my...
  4. Muffled headphone audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muffled headphone audio: Hi, I just bought a new set up and downloaded my games onto it. However, whenever i play games that requires microphone permissions, the game audio becomes muffled and makes the game unplayable. I found out that disabling microphone permissions for the app makes the audio go...
  5. Muffled headphone audio

Muffled headphone audio: Hi, I just bought a new set up and downloaded my games onto it. However, whenever i play games that requires microphone permissions, the game audio becomes muffled and makes the game unplayable. I found out that disabling microphone permissions for the app makes the audio go...
  6. Headphones sounding muffled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones sounding muffled: Whenever I use 2 apps at the same time which both use sound, the audio sounds muffled on either one of them or sometimes both of them. Is there any fix for this?...
  7. Headphones sounding muffled

Headphones sounding muffled: Whenever I use 2 apps at the same time which both use sound, the audio sounds muffled on either one of them or sometimes both of them. Is there any fix for this?...
  8. Microphone is either muffled or is playing headphone audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is either muffled or is playing headphone audio.: Tried every fix I could find. No solutions. Looked at hundreds of sites. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-either-muffled-or-is-playing/9e31dc3b-189d-42c0-89af-a1dbafbc8669
  9. Why does the audio sound echoey?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does the audio sound echoey?: I recorded a clip on my pc, but when I go to files to listen to the clip, it makes an echoey sound (as if it was in an empty room) Publishing it as a video later doesn’t change the audio quality either. What do I do? submitted by /u/OneDimensionUp [link] [comments]...
  10. Headphones audio muffled after Windows 10 Reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones audio muffled after Windows 10 Reinstall: So I recently reinstalled my Windows 10 OS on my computer. A reinstall that got rid of all third-party apps and settings and kept my personal files to be more specific. I have a pair of Hyperx Cloud Alphas (through the Hyperx USB dongle) that sounded clear and crisp before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows headphones muffled sound