Windows 10: Headphone audio gone after restarting

Discus and support Headphone audio gone after restarting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A very new laptop that was completely fine before just suddenly started giving me static noise and absolutely nothing else through the headphones. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mahmoud9012, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Headphone audio gone after restarting

A very new laptop that was completely fine before just suddenly started giving me static noise and absolutely nothing else through the headphones. The speakers are completely fine, though. I suspect it must be because of a recent realtek update 2 days ago. I tried to uninstall the audio drivers and reinstall them, and also restarting after uninstalling. But I keep getting the same result. Inconsistent static and never any sound output from the headphones. Any help would be massively appreciated!

submitted by /u/mahmoud9012
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mahmoud9012, Jun 17, 2020

2. [WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Headphone audio gone after restarting

Windows 10 not playing audio on headphones.

Hi Jefelito,

Thank you for replying and I am sorry to hear about the tragedy that occured in your brothers sanctuary.

Glad to know that the Bluetooth issue is resolved.

Try the below methods to troubleshoot the issue on the headphones and check if this helps.

Before trying the below methods, I suggest you to try connecting the headphones to a different port or check the headphones on a different computer and check if you are able to hear the audio from the headphone.

Method 1:
    Setting The Headphones As Default Playback Device.

1. Select on the Start button > Type Sound in the search box > Select
      Sound from the list of results.
    2. Go to Playback tab > Select your headphones > Then click on
      Set Default.
    3. Restart the computer once and check if this helps.

Method 2:
    Updating The Audio Drivers.

Follow the steps mentioned in Update drivers in Windows 10
    and update your Sound drivers and check if you are able to hear the audio from the headphones.

Restart the computer once after updating the sound drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Headphone audio gone after restarting

1. Headphone audio gone after restarting - Similar Threads - Headphone audio gone

2. Everything is gone after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything is gone after restart: Last night, I opened my computer to see the blue screen saying that my computer had encountered a problem and needed to restart and said it will collect the info and would restart it for me. Once it reached 100%, it stayed like that for a very long time. Now I usually...
  3. Everything is gone after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything is gone after restart: Last night, I opened my computer to see the blue screen saying that my computer had encountered a problem and needed to restart and said it will collect the info and would restart it for me. Once it reached 100%, it stayed like that for a very long time. Now I usually...
  4. Everything is gone after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No audio after unplugging headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after unplugging headphones: When I use an audio driver named Realtek High Definition Audio, everything works normal but audio is weird and with too much high frequencies. Songs on my phone sounded way different and better than on my windows 10 computer what I tested while wearing headphones. Audio was...
  6. No audio after unplugging headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio after unplugging headphones: When I use an audio driver named Realtek High Definition Audio, everything works normal but audio is weird and with too much high frequencies. Songs on my phone sounded way different and better than on my windows 10 computer what I tested while wearing headphones. Audio was...
  7. No audio after unplugging headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. After restart audio, internet and pin all gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After restart audio, internet and pin all gone: This issue has occurred on my laptop and desktop about 5-10 times over the past two years and is super frustrating. Basically after I restart my computer the internet icon turns into a globe and audio doesnt work. Internet adapters and any external audio devices (speakers,...
  9. No audio after unplugging headphones

No audio after unplugging headphones: Earlier this year in January I had a major SSD crash, and I was forced to buy a new one and install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on it. After installing Windows, I re-installed all of the drivers recommended by my laptop manufacturer's I have a Razer Blade 15' 2018 from their...
  10. No audio in headphones, Realtek Drivers are gone

No audio in headphones, Realtek Drivers are gone: The other day I started up my computer and I had no audio through my headphones, so I restarted it and still had no audio. Realtek audio manager sometimes forgets to open up so I checked for that and couldn't get it turned on. After restarting a few times I checked out my...