Windows 10: Headphone audio sounds weird but speakers work

Discus and support Headphone audio sounds weird but speakers work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just got my new gaming computer a couple of days ago and after downloading all the drivers, I watched a Youtube video to test the audio. I could only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hahamizan, Feb 25, 2020.

1. hahamizan Win User

Headphone audio sounds weird but speakers work

I just got my new gaming computer a couple of days ago and after downloading all the drivers, I watched a Youtube video to test the audio. I could only hear the background music and a soft distorted sound of the voice for example. Basically, the audio was very weird. However, when I used speakers, it sounded normal.

I've tried:

- Troubleshooting audio

- Reinstalling drivers

- Automatically looking for new drivers

- Using different headphones

- Restarting PC

Please if anyone could help or had similar experiences of this problem please do reply as any help is appreciated. Like I said, this is a gaming computer so I would want to use headphones for better experience when gaming instead of using speakers, plus I can use my microphone in my headphones. This is the first time I got a PC and I was so sad when I found out this problem existed. Thank you! :

:)

hahamizan, Feb 25, 2020
  2. nvcw727 Win User

Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound

Yesterday my audio worked fine on both my speakers on my laptop (Dell Inspiron/N5110) and headphones. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. I have made sure that all the volumes are not muted. I did a troubleshoot on playing audio and it said low audio device volume detected, but when I increase the volume, nothing happens. Any one have any suggestions?

nvcw727, Feb 25, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    No sound from headphones but speakers work.

Hi, what sort of headphones are they? Plain ordinary analogue.. USB..?
    Do they require a driver? If so, is it installed ok?

There are several threads about headphone issues on this forum, so suggest you also try searching the forum for 'headphones'. May give you a clue.

E.g.
    Audio Issues - Quiet no detection of headphones - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Feb 25, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

Headphone audio sounds weird but speakers work [​IMG]

fireberd, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Headphone audio sounds weird but speakers work - Similar Threads - Headphone audio sounds

2. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  3. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  4. Realtek R Audio Speakers and Headphones not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek R Audio Speakers and Headphones not working: So today i did a Support assist update on my Dell G3 15 laptop, it all went fine and after i ended up with no sound in my headphones and speakers Realtek R Audio. The only way i can hear audio is if i connect my bluetooth earphones, they work, but my laptop speakers and usual...
  5. Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'

Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in': The sound is not working and it does not even register my laptops speakers as existing, there is a red x on the volume icon on the bottom of my page. The sound does however playback when I connect a Bluetooth device and it plays back on the device just fine. When I disconnect...
  6. Sound Headphones - Speaker

Sound Headphones - Speaker: So i have speaker and headphones. When i plugg in just one of them, in sounds at playback it appears like "speaker", if i plugg in both of devices, the same appears in sounds at playback. I don't know how to make 2 "things" in sound settings. 1 for speaker and 1 for...
  7. Audio In Headphones and Speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio In Headphones and Speakers: For some reason, some sound is coming out of my speakers and I am hearing some sound in my headphones. For example, while chatting to a friend on discord, I can hear them perfectly find through my headphones, but then I booted up A Hat In Time. I still hear them through my...
  8. No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works

No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works: I Have a HP Pavilion g7-1355dx Notebook PC And I Just Upgraded From Windows 7 To Windows 10 And I Cant Hear Anything From My Headphones But Only From My Internal Speaker. The HeadPhones Work Fine On My DeskTop And They Dont Require A Drive. have tried updating the...
  9. Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound: Yesterday my audio worked fine on both my speakers on my laptop (Dell Inspiron/N5110) and headphones. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. I have made sure that all the volumes are not muted. I did a troubleshoot on playing audio and it said low audio device volume...
  10. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No sound from headphones but speakers work.: Hello, I have a laptop - Asus GL551JW-DS71. My speakers work fine but when I plug in my headphones, I can't hear any sound from the headphones. The headphones do work as I use them for my desktop. I have tried updating the sound drivers from the device manager. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gplus headphone weird how to use mic and speaker in one line

2. windows heaphones audio sounds weird