Windows 10: Headphone Audio with Windows 10 upgrade is very very poor.

Discus and support Headphone Audio with Windows 10 upgrade is very very poor. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 10 my headphone audio sounds terrible. I have premium headphones that sounded great prior to the upgrade. Since, they sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SteveFordahl, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Headphone Audio with Windows 10 upgrade is very very poor.

After upgrading to Windows 10 my headphone audio sounds terrible. I have premium headphones that sounded great prior to the upgrade. Since, they sound like they were made in the 50's. Very disappointed in the audio drivers for Windows 10. Is there a fix without having to buy an upgraded app like Dolby? Microsoft really let their customers down with this poor sound quality issue. You would think audio fidelity would be seamless this day in age.

:)

SteveFordahl, Apr 7, 2020

2. Poor audio quality after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Eugene,

As you are facing issues with sound quality after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you referring to sound quality from the computer/ speakers/ headphones?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates and drivers updates after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted audio drivers. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.
    If the Windows Audio service does not start and you get the error
    Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start, then make sure that the following services are started and their
    Startup Type is set to Automatic.

Method 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of accessing sound after upgrading to Windows 10 for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones

Hello Caleb,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes being made on the PC?
    3. What is the make and model of the PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run the troubleshooter for Bluetooth.

1. Go to Settings > Updates & Security > Troubleshoot.
    2. Under Find and fix other problems click on
      Bluetooth.
    3. Follow the instructions on the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Try updating the Bluetooth drivers. Refer the article to

update drivers in Windows 10

Also, you can refer the article by Bose on
    poor sound quality from a Bluetooth device
    and

optimizing audio

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Headphone Audio with Windows 10 upgrade is very very poor.

Windows 10 not playing audio on headphones.

Hi Jefelito,

Thank you for replying and I am sorry to hear about the tragedy that occured in your brothers sanctuary.

Glad to know that the Bluetooth issue is resolved.

Try the below methods to troubleshoot the issue on the headphones and check if this helps.

Before trying the below methods, I suggest you to try connecting the headphones to a different port or check the headphones on a different computer and check if you are able to hear the audio from the headphone.

Method 1:
    Setting The Headphones As Default Playback Device.

1. Select on the Start button > Type Sound in the search box > Select
      Sound from the list of results.
    2. Go to Playback tab > Select your headphones > Then click on
      Set Default.
    3. Restart the computer once and check if this helps.

Method 2:
    Updating The Audio Drivers.

Follow the steps mentioned in Update drivers in Windows 10
    and update your Sound drivers and check if you are able to hear the audio from the headphones.

Restart the computer once after updating the sound drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Headphone Audio with Windows 10 upgrade is very very poor.

1. Headphone Audio with Windows 10 upgrade is very very poor. - Similar Threads - Headphone Audio upgrade

2. Bluetooth headphones have very poor audio quality after having been automatically...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones have very poor audio quality after having been automatically...: I was using them earlier and they had great audio, but after connecting a bluetooth speaker, testing it, and then reconnecting the headphones, the audio quality is much worse. When I go into "Sounds" in settings, and to the output options and select the headphones, the only...
  3. Bluetooth headphones have very poor audio quality after having been automatically...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones have very poor audio quality after having been automatically...: I was using them earlier and they had great audio, but after connecting a bluetooth speaker, testing it, and then reconnecting the headphones, the audio quality is much worse. When I go into "Sounds" in settings, and to the output options and select the headphones, the only...
  4. Very Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Poor Performance: I havent done anything, my PC is working very slow, how can I enhance or at least get it back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-poor-performance/e9cf9d68-766d-4e5c-9e73-bf17f3ff5d77
  5. Very Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Poor Performance: I havent done anything, my PC is working very slow, how can I enhance or at least get it back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-poor-performance/e9cf9d68-766d-4e5c-9e73-bf17f3ff5d77
  6. Very Poor Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Bluetooth Headphones audio very stuttery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones audio very stuttery: So I own a Dell Lattitude E6400 (Yeah old Ik but it still works good even 13 years later), I installed Bluetooth drivers (had to use the lenovo ones) since Windows 10 didn't like the ones on the official Dell website. So Bluetooth and everything works great but audio is so...
  8. Headphones Audio Very Quiet.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones Audio Very Quiet.: Hi all. For the first time in a long time I decided to plug In earphones into my desktop. The audio I get out of it is very quiet and at full volume I have very limited sound. I tried updating drivers, disabling all audio enhancements and nothing is working. These are brand...
  9. Performance of System is Very poor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance of System is Very poor: I have facing problem regarding performance issues on my Windows 10 from few days. The Performance of the system is very poor even after Updated of Windows 10 Education. Specification of my Laptop is very good with 16GB RAM with intel core i5 processor. Some times after...
  10. Very poor connectivity...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very poor connectivity...: Let me start with we have an extremely slow ISP. We are at the "end of the line", only available ISP, other than satellite, is Century Links 1.5mbps d/l. We rarely see .7mbps currently, CL is claiming that we will be on fiber optics by summer. Anyway, here is my problem. I...