Windows 10: Headphone audio works, but microphone does not

Discus and support Headphone audio works, but microphone does not in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried looking for a solution for myself but there seems to be many strange aspects which prevent me from following instructions that are commonly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mw_ang, May 26, 2021.

1. mw_ang Win User

Headphone audio works, but microphone does not

I tried looking for a solution for myself but there seems to be many strange aspects which prevent me from following instructions that are commonly suggested.I have tried solving this problem with two headphones but I get the same problem with both of them.Firstly, the headphones are not recognized as additional devices when plugged&

:)

mw_ang, May 26, 2021
  2. Salvyar Win User

Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable
    Headphone audio works, but microphone does not [​IMG]

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, May 26, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• Are you able to use any other microphone on the computer?
    • Are you able to use the headphones microphone on any other computer?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Fix microphone problems

Also, you can follow the steps mentioned below to check if the Microphone is disabled:

1. Go to Settings >> Sound.
    2. Go to Check Input Devices >> Manage Sound Devices.
    3. Under Input Devices check if the device is Disabled.
    4. For Eg: You might see Stereo Mix.
    5. Click on Stereo Mix and click on
      Enable.

6. Now, test the Microphone and check if you are able to record audio.

Hope it helps. Please reply to this post for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 26, 2021
  4. sergO3 Win User

Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

ed.

sergO3, May 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Headphone audio works, but microphone does not - Similar Threads - Headphone audio works

2. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio input Microphone does not work.: All of my microphones including USB and 3.5 do not work. I can listen to them in "Sound" options in control panel. I updated the audio drivers but that didn't help.By default when i am trying to connect headphones to the 3.5 of my microphone Maono-pm422 i listen to it without...
  3. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio input Microphone does not work.: All of my microphones including USB and 3.5 do not work. I can listen to them in "Sound" options in control panel. I updated the audio drivers but that didn't help.By default when i am trying to connect headphones to the 3.5 of my microphone Maono-pm422 i listen to it without...
  4. Headphone microphone does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone microphone does not work: I recently bought a laptop. Whenever I plug in my headphones, I can hear well, but I can't speak. Looking at the sound control panel, my headset has a speaker icon. Clicking on the recording tab in the sound control panel, I don't even see my headphones there. I do not know...
  5. Headphone microphone does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone microphone does not work: I recently bought a laptop. Whenever I plug in my headphones, I can hear well, but I can't speak. Looking at the sound control panel, my headset has a speaker icon. Clicking on the recording tab in the sound control panel, I don't even see my headphones there. I do not know...
  6. Headphone microphone does not work

7. Bluetooth Headphones - Microphone does not work

Bluetooth Headphones - Microphone does not work: Hello all, I have a very strange problem with my Bluetooth headphones Bluedio Turbine T2 Plus - https://www.amazon.com/Bluedio-Turbine-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00Q30A1RI . They connect by Bluetooth with my laptop - Audio, Voice connected - correctly, Microsoft...
  8. Audio does not work through headphones

Audio does not work through headphones: I may be missing something little but I have been trying to figure this out for a while. My PC front panel audio connectors are all in place and are recognized by the motherboard and my headphones work on other PCs. My headphones are connected to my front panel 3.5mm audio...
  9. Microphone doesn't work but audio does

Microphone doesn't work but audio does: I've had a Rode NT1 microphone condenser and a Rode AI-1 interface. The Rode AI-1 has a headphone jack which I use for my headphones and they work fine but just recently my microphone has stop being detected by my computer. The microphone still works because I can use the...
  10. Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.: I got a new headset, and when I plugged it in I could only hear audio. I tried to use the mic built in with the headset it doesn't work. It plugs in the computer with a USB and a green 3.5mm port. When I went into the sound control panel it doesn't detect any microphone. The...