Windows 10: Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.

Discus and support Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got a new headset, and when I plugged it in I could only hear audio. I tried to use the mic built in with the headset it doesn't work. It plugs in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pwnndudebro, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.

I got a new headset, and when I plugged it in I could only hear audio. I tried to use the mic built in with the headset it doesn't work. It plugs in the computer with a USB and a green 3.5mm port. When I went into the sound control panel it doesn't detect any microphone. The headset is the Evo Core Phenom Next.

:)

Pwnndudebro, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Salvyar Win User

Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable
    Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work. [​IMG]

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Headphone microphone not working.

Hi Salvyar. Welcome to the TenForums @Salvyar

For what ever reason your Headset is not being detected as a Headset. Headphones are speakers. You are not being presented with an option for Headset, you are being offered speakers (Headphones) or MIC.

Is this headset Windows 10 compatible?

I see a gear in your upper left, is there anything within it to select a Headset? Same question with the wrench lower right.

Gear
    Wrench

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.

Lenovo G510: Microphone not working when headphones plugged in

When I plug my headphones in to talk to friends on Facebook Call, they are reporting that my microphone is not working. It is a Conexant Audio microphone and yes, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, with no luck. Any suggestions would
    be helpful.

Jacob Atkinson, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.

1. Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work. - Similar Threads - Headphone audio works

2. Headphone microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone microphone not working: hi,I use BT neckband for my pc the audio works fine but microphone doesn't work it show headset in sounds pannel and under controller information it shows "hands free AG audio" when i tap or make some sound near mic it doesn't work, I have tried many things still doesn't...
  3. Headphone microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone microphone not working: hi,I use BT neckband for my pc the audio works fine but microphone doesn't work it show headset in sounds pannel and under controller information it shows "hands free AG audio" when i tap or make some sound near mic it doesn't work, I have tried many things still doesn't...
  4. Headphone microphone not working.

Headphone microphone not working.: I have Beats Studio 3 Headphones which work with either Bluetooth or wired. When I have it wired into my pc, the audio sounds fine but I can't use the built in mic my headphones have. If I connect the headphones through Bluetooth, the mic works but both the audio and mic...
  5. Headphone audio works, but microphone does not

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone audio works, but microphone does not: I tried looking for a solution for myself but there seems to be many strange aspects which prevent me from following instructions that are commonly suggested.I have tried solving this problem with two headphones but I get the same problem with both of them.Firstly, the...
  6. Microphone doesnt work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone doesnt work: My mic doesnt work if im not playing csgo, *kinda weird but its true. For example im using discord with playing csgo, my mic will work, and if i close it, my mic start not working....
  7. microphone doesnt work

microphone doesnt work: Hello all im after some help as my son is trying to play call of duty on his pc. We have a wired xbox one controller which is working fine, we have plugged his headset into the controller and can only get sound to the headset. His microphone is not working ive tried my...
  8. but microphone doesnt work

but microphone doesnt work: just purchase a gamer headphone set the hearing is great but microphone doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/but-microphone-doesnt-work/0adfa723-3648-4bc4-a343-3c7c6cde2497
  9. Headphone's microphone not working

Headphone's microphone not working: My laptop doesn't detect my headphone as it doesn't show up on connected devices, I can hear sounds through it but others can't hear me. I have tried another pair of earphones but the problem persists....
  10. Headphone microphone not working.

Headphone microphone not working.: So, here iam im sorry im not good in english but ill try to explain as well as possible. I have this new headphone for over a year it has nice sound and has a microphone that is in the cable (look just normal). But i have a realtek HD audiodriver and it automaticly pops up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. evo core phenom microphone not working

2. when i plug headphones in mic doesnt work

3. evo core headphone driver install

4. evo core headset not working xbox,
  5. evo core headset phenom microphone isnt working on xbox,
  6. evo core headset not working,
  7. mic only works on headphone ifselectred as mic in and not headphone