Windows 10: Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working

Discus and support Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My headphone was working well previously but after i plugged in my PS4 controller i think it just override the software or something. I used to be able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JJ Yuin, Apr 13, 2020.

1. JJ Yuin Win User

Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working

My headphone was working well previously but after i plugged in my PS4 controller i think it just override the software or something. I used to be able to listen and talk with this headphone and in the sound playback panel it will be detected as KZ earphone but now it is detected as speakers and it is shown that the earphone is disconnected. The most important thing is that the mic is no longer detected. I cant talk with my headphone anymore. I've tried a lot of ways but it didnt work... like updating the drivers. Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working 93d595ee-3604-4899-8fc2-f8fcec5ceb05?upload=true.png Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working 95466f6f-632f-4b69-8155-5006d5586b58?upload=true.png Pls help

:)

JJ Yuin, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Apr 13, 2020
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working - Similar Threads - Headphone detected speaker

2. Headphones detecting as speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones detecting as speakers: need help searched the internet for solutions non of them worked so far https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-detecting-as-speakers/f6ec7b99-aaf6-4a97-868c-085fd31e8b45
  3. Headphone Mic detection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Mic detection: My Dell laptop cannot detect the headphone mic, the headphone mic works with my other computers, I tried to connect a splitter but it is still the same , can someone help me out how can I connect it....
  4. Headphone Mic detection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Mic detection: My Dell laptop cannot detect the headphone mic, the headphone mic works with my other computers, I tried to connect a splitter but it is still the same , can someone help me out how can I connect it....
  5. Headphones not detected but headphone mic is

Headphones not detected but headphone mic is: I've been searching for an answer for this and anything I've seen has not worked and it seems like no one has my exact issue. My headphone mic is detected in my sound input devices but my headphones are not detected at all in my output devices. I've tried a bunch of things...
  6. Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work

Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work: I just bought a new headset and I've had problems with my audio jack but somehow fixed it after days of looking. My headset isn't detected at all but the sound goes through while the mic on the headset just doesn't work and neither show up in disabled devices either. What can...
  7. Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working

Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working: Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-being-recognized-as-speakers-and/1a83bfc0-dc89-4be6-88f4-6efa058e345d
  8. Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working

Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working: Hello there. I have a pair of "Blackweb Premium Series Studio Over-Ear Headphones with in-line mic". It has one 3.5mm audio jack and for some reason it gets recognized as "Speakers RealtekR Audio" and the microphone does not seem work no matter which port i plug the...
  9. No speakers or headphones detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No speakers or headphones detected: Getting the error "dxd audio failed to initialize", I want to prevent this message closing the program or some way to bypass it. Running troubleshoot says there may be problem with audio device and sfc gives no error. Using desktop without sound card, heaphones or speakers...
  10. Headphones detected as Speakers

Headphones detected as Speakers: Hi, I brought SteelSeries Arctis 3 (no usb) headphones. I plugged them in the front jack, as my logitech speakers are plugged in the rear jack. The Via audio driver windows 10 provides, detects my headphones as my speakers, so even if both are plugged, only my headphones...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphone mic not working pc

2. headphone mic not working