Windows 10: Headphone driver not present; headphones not being recognized

Discus and support Headphone driver not present; headphones not being recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, After resolving an issue a while back with my audio driver being broken (now fixed) I find that my computer's sound still has an odd behavior,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Goedeke Nathan Scott, May 28, 2019.

1. Headphone driver not present; headphones not being recognized

Hello,

After resolving an issue a while back with my audio driver being broken (now fixed) I find that my computer's sound still has an odd behavior, where it comes to my headphones. When I plug the headphones in, sound still comes out of my PC. No prompt appears about the presence of any new devices, and the device manager shows no driver with a headphone icon.

I plugged the headphones into another computer and proved they are working. I checked for updates on the audio drivers as well.

I was able to find a temporary workaround, although the real issue still persists. I went to Sound->Playback->Speakers/Headphones [the only device in that list]->Properties->Advanced, I disabled "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device". Once I did that, I noticed that the headphones would be used when I restarted the PC with them plugged in, but if I unplugged and replugged them in, the issue would come back.

Thanks,

Nathan

:)

Goedeke Nathan Scott, May 28, 2019

2. Bose wireless headphones not recognized.

Remove headphones from Device Manager

Sometimes there might be issues with Bose Bluetooth headphones on Windows 10, but users reported that this issue can be fixed simply by removing your headphones from Device Manager. To do that, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.

device-manager

Locate your headphones in Device Manager, right click them and choose Uninstall.

uninstall-driver

After you’ve deleted Bose headphones from Device Manager, they should appear as headphones in Bluetooth devices list. Try pairing your PC with Bose headphones, but if the pairing doesn’t work you’ll need to delete the headphones’ memory. To do that, follow
    these steps:

On your Bose headphones slide the Power button up to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for 10 seconds.

Now headphones should appear in the Bluetooth devices list, and you’ll be able to connect them to your PC.

Some users are suggesting that you don’t need to delete the device from Device Manager, you just have to delete the headphones’ memory by following the instructions above.

Solution 2 – Uninstall your audio driver and install the latest audio driver

If you’re using wired Bose headphones, you might want to try removing your audio driver in order to fix any potential issues. To remove an audio driver, just go to Device Manager, locate your audio driver, right click it and choose Uninstall. After uninstalling
    the audio driver, it’s recommended to go to your motherboard or sound card manufacturer’s website and download the latest audio driver.

Few users also suggest installing audio drivers by using the compatibility mode. To do that, follow these steps:

Locate the audio driver setup file and right click it. Choose Properties

Navigate to Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for.

Select one of the previous versions of Windows, for example Windows 7, and click Apply and OK to save changes.

Run the setup file and install the latest audio drivers.

Use a Bluetooth adapter / update your Bluetooth drivers

Problems with Bose headphones can be caused by Bluetooth drivers, so make sure that they are up to date before connecting Bose Bluetooth headphones. If you have the latest drivers, but the problem still persists, you might want to use a Bluetooth adapter. Users
    reported that after buying a Bluetooth adapter and installing the necessary drivers the issue was resolved. While buying a Bluetooth adapter, make sure to choose one that comes with with a driver CD in order to avoid any further Bluetooth issues.

Andre Da Costa, May 28, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Speaker recognized as headphones.

Hello @auioohi , welcome to tenforums! Headphone driver not present; headphones not being recognized :)

Change the name of it, (and the icon, if you wish)

Headphone driver not present; headphones not being recognized [​IMG]

Headphone driver not present; headphones not being recognized [​IMG]

Edwin, May 28, 2019
  4. Headphone driver not present; headphones not being recognized

Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Headphone driver not present; headphones not being recognized

1. Headphone driver not present; headphones not being recognized - Similar Threads - Headphone driver present

2. earphones/headphones not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    earphones/headphones not being recognized: hey i have a problem with my headphones when i plug them in. If i plug them in normally, they dont get recognized, but if i leave them plugged in and restart my laptop, they get recognized, and from there if i try replugging them again they dont get recognized.I have tried...
  3. earphones/headphones not being recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    earphones/headphones not being recognized: hey i have a problem with my headphones when i plug them in. If i plug them in normally, they dont get recognized, but if i leave them plugged in and restart my laptop, they get recognized, and from there if i try replugging them again they dont get recognized.I have tried...
  4. Headphones being recognized as speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones being recognized as speakers: In the past I could fix this using realtek hd audio manager, but for some reason, with the release of windows 11 I can't do this anymore? My headphones are being recognized as speakers, but I cant them to headphones. I've tried doing so manually in the control panel, but for...
  5. Headphones being recognized as speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones being recognized as speakers: In the past I could fix this using realtek hd audio manager, but for some reason, with the release of windows 11 I can't do this anymore? My headphones are being recognized as speakers, but I cant them to headphones. I've tried doing so manually in the control panel, but for...
  6. Headphones being recognized as speakers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones being recognized as speakers.: A few days ago I bought new headphones [Rampage RM-K27 X-JAMMER]. Now when I plugged them in they're being recognized as a speaker and not actual headphones. Right now it is recognized as a speaker and the sound is kinda weird? I tried messing up with Realtek settings and...
  7. Headphones not being recognized - unless ...

Headphones not being recognized - unless ...: Typical Case: When I plug my new headphones into my laptop Windows 10, they are not recognized. If I play a sound it comes through the speakers. I have tried going into audio devices. An option for headphones is listed and enabled, but shows as disconnected. Other...
  8. Microphone being recognized as headphones

Microphone being recognized as headphones: I am using a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series 2-in-1 laptop. I do not have Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have tried getting it, but it wouldn't run. I plugged my 4 pin microphone into the combined headphones/mic port. The mic, however, is being recognized as "Headphones" in the...
  9. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.: So i have my headphones pluged in at the front. The sound comes out of headphones but headphones get recognized as speakers. People in skype or teamspeak can hear everything i lisen to or my game sounds like i woud be playing with speakers i dont how to fix plz help....
  10. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.: I started up my laptop a while ago to play some music while i do work but when i plugged in my headphones there was no music. The music plays on the speakers but headphones nothing....i have tried many headphones on my laptop and none worked but they do work on my ipod....