Windows 10: Headphone Driver Problem

Discus and support Headphone Driver Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought fantech hg23 octane 7.1 Headphone recently. I am trying to install the headphone driver. But it's showing an error. Anyone faced this problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DyinGroom, Jul 6, 2020.

1. DyinGroom Win User

Headphone Driver Problem

I bought fantech hg23 octane 7.1 Headphone recently. I am trying to install the headphone driver. But it's showing an error. Anyone faced this problem? and how to slove?

Headphone Driver Problem df34c1ed-184e-4590-9cf0-21297cd56c81?upload=true.png

:)

DyinGroom, Jul 6, 2020

2. Earphone/Headphone Problem

Hello Debapratim,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share these details.

• Have you made any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• What is the make and model of the head phone?

• Is the issue specific to this head phone?

I suggest you to Sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the Admin account or the MSA to test if that helps with this issue.

Also install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to follow the below given methods and check it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to refer the suggestions from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab06

For headphone issues

I would suggest you to set headphone as default device and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

a) Right Click on the sound icon
    at the bottom left corner at the taskbar.

b) Click on Playback devices.

c) Check if you are able to find the iconheadphone in the list of connected playback devices.

d) If yes, clickon the icon and then click on
    Set default option

e) Click on Apply and then onOK.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on“Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select
    “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option:
    “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the
    restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Headphone Driver Problem

[WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Headphone Driver Problem

1. Headphone Driver Problem - Similar Threads - Headphone Driver Problem

2. headphone driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone driver: My headset is a Gamepower Kizaru headset with a USB port and it was normally working. When we plug it into another computer, it continues to work perfectly, but when I **** on my own computer, the audio driver does not appear in the device manager and I get an unknown USB...
  3. headphone driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphone driver: My headset is a Gamepower Kizaru headset with a USB port and it was normally working. When we plug it into another computer, it continues to work perfectly, but when I **** on my own computer, the audio driver does not appear in the device manager and I get an unknown USB...
  4. Headphone Problem/AudioTek Drivers- Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Problem/AudioTek Drivers- Windows 11: Every time I power on my Windows 11 laptop the headphones won't work until I uninstall and then reinstall the AudioTek drivers, and then the headphones work until the unit is powered off/on again. The speakers always work fine, so the problem is just when headphones are...
  5. Headphone Problem/AudioTek Drivers- Windows 11

Headphone Problem/AudioTek Drivers- Windows 11: Every time I power on my Windows 11 laptop the headphones won't work until I uninstall and then reinstall the AudioTek drivers, and then the headphones work until the unit is powered off/on again. The speakers always work fine, so the problem is just when headphones are...
  6. Problems with headphones and drivers in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with headphones and drivers in Windows 11: Windows 11: I noticed that among the audio controllers, I have the LG SH53F device driver, I have never used this device and do not have it. After uninstalling the driver, it reinstalls itself automatically. In the sound settings, I also have LG SH53F listed as headphones....
  7. Problems with headphones and drivers in Windows 11

Problems with headphones and drivers in Windows 11: Windows 11: I noticed that among the audio controllers, I have the LG SH53F device driver, I have never used this device and do not have it. After uninstalling the driver, it reinstalls itself automatically. In the sound settings, I also have LG SH53F listed as headphones....
  8. Realtek drivers headphones detection problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek drivers headphones detection problem.: From past some days my headphone are acting strange. when i disconnect and reconnect them they dont get recoginzed. but if reboot the system they work fine until disconnet them and in task bar and sound panel there is no headphone device only realtek speaker is visible. as...
  9. PROBLEM WITH HEADPHONES

PROBLEM WITH HEADPHONES: Hi, he recognizes my headphones as a speaker, and it's only in a helmet. How do I get them to be set as headphones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-headphones/0880e30b-46a1-4d3a-804f-7151a685d319
  10. PROBLEM WITH HEADPHONES

PROBLEM WITH HEADPHONES: Hi, he recognizes my headphones as a speaker, and it's only in a helmet. How do I get them to be set as headphones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-headphones/9206cb40-18cf-442f-923e-b2d4f8b3d446