Windows 10: Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel.

Discus and support Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 64 bit [img] [img] [img] Stereo mix and line & mic at front or rear panel don't work too. I somehow managed to get my headphone to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Az Har, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Az Har Win User

Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel.

Windows 10 64 bit

Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel. [​IMG]

Stereo mix and line & mic at front or rear panel don't work too.

I somehow managed to get my headphone to play the same thing as my speaker at the same time but that's as far as i got.

:)

Az Har, Feb 12, 2020

2. No Sound Through Headphones

Hello! I've already read through many of the similar questions on this forum, however none of the solutions seem to work.
    Sound comes through perfectly fine on my laptop's built-in speakers. However, when plugging my headphones into the 3.5mm headset jack, there is no sound whatsoever. The system recognizes that my headset is plugged in. In fact, the microphone on my headset functions perfectly when plugged in, but the headphones themselves are outputting no sound.
    I tested the headphones on other computers and devices, and they work.
    In Device Manager, the device is listed as "Realtek High Definition Audio". However, the only sound device listed in Control Panel is "DTS Audio Control Panel".
    I've tried uninstalling the audio device from Device Manager, and then reinstalling the driver from Realtek's website.
    However, this is met with the exact same results... no sound through the headphones, and "DTS Audio Manager" is installed in the Control Panel instead of Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    If I navigate to Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback, "Headphones" is not listed as a device. Instead, Speakers/Headphones is listen as the sole device.
    Also, I ran DirectX Diagnostic Tool, and it returned absolutely no errors.
    I have posted screenshots and a few of my system specifications just in case.
    Thank You!
    Model: HP ZBook 17 G2

DrummerZack, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Headphone not visible on the control panel (windows 10)

Hi,

Since the microphone is disabled, this caused the device to be unseen on Control Panel. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• How is your headphone connected to your laptop? Is it via a cable or wireless?
    • How did you disable the microphone?

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Jordy19 Win User

Single plug for headphones and microphone - enable only the microphone

Windows comes with a feature to set a certain speaker/microphone as default.

• Open the control panel.
    • Navigate to sound control panel. (System > Sound > Sound Control Panel(right sidebar))
    • Playback Tab: Click the speaker you want to use. (The default speaker is likely your in-build speaker, if not set your in-build/external speaker as default device, you can also disable the in-build/external speaker so the sound always goes to your headphone)
    • Recording tab: Click the Microphone you want to use and set it as default device.

You should now hear the music output trough the speaker of your choice and have only the microphone working at your headphone.

Jordy19, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel. - Similar Threads - Headphone earphone microphone

2. Microphone not appearing in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not appearing in sound control panel: I had to change my motherboard and CPU as I had fried them both by accident, and now I have a 5600x and an MSI motherboard B-550m pro-vdh-WIFI, if that can be useful. So, I wanted to play No Man's Sky with friends, but I was surprised to find that my headset's microphone was...
  3. Microphone not appearing in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not appearing in sound control panel: I had to change my motherboard and CPU as I had fried them both by accident, and now I have a 5600x and an MSI motherboard B-550m pro-vdh-WIFI, if that can be useful. So, I wanted to play No Man's Sky with friends, but I was surprised to find that my headset's microphone was...
  4. Microphone not appearing in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Headphones not showing in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not showing in sound control panel: Hi, I have an issue with cable headphones on my windows 10 laptop. So, when i plug in my headphones, even though the audio is playing on them, in sound control panel it shows that audio is playing on speakers and it doesn't even show the headphones so i cant change the audio...
  6. Headphones are listed as speakers in Sound control panel

Headphones are listed as speakers in Sound control panel: Pretty much when I plug my headphones in from the back, into the green jack, it gets recognized as speakers, whereas when I plug it into my front 3.5mm jack labeled as headphones and microphones, it doesn't detect it at all, so it doesn't even say the speakers are in use.....
  7. problem in detecting headphone/microphone/earphone

problem in detecting headphone/microphone/earphone: my dell inspiron_3593 is not detecting earphone. I don't listen any sound on any earphone and headphones. Can you suggest me any drivers to install or any idea to fix it out. Thank you....
  8. My microphone is considered as a speaker in the sound control panel

My microphone is considered as a speaker in the sound control panel: Hello everyone !I have a little problem yesterday mi microphone rode was working perfectly, it was plugged on the only headphone available on my laptop and my headphones on an usb sound card, but today after plugging my microphone it was not working anymore, I tried to find...
  9. Sound Control Panel Missing Microphone Button

Sound Control Panel Missing Microphone Button: I recently purchased a new Dell laptop to replace my old Dell made in 2015. Of course, both use Windows 10. I record weekly podcasts and use a Yeti Blue USB mic and Audacity. In setting up the mic for the new machine, I learned I cannot monitor my recording input without a...
  10. Corsair Void microphone not detected in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corsair Void microphone not detected in sound control panel: My microphone on my corsair void isnt being detected in the sound control panel, and all other fixes say to enable it, but its not there. It's a headphone jack, not usb. Is this causing a problem? It's annoying as all sound is coming into my headphones but when i speak its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Control Panel sound

2. dts audio control panel headphones with microphone do i press mic in or headphone