Windows 10: Headphone input and output are not working?

Discus and support Headphone input and output are not working? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Plugging my headphones in to my pc no longer works and I am unsure on what to do. I am plugging them in, and selecting the Headphones and Mic In option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Will Gillies, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Headphone input and output are not working?

Plugging my headphones in to my pc no longer works and I am unsure on what to do. I am plugging them in, and selecting the Headphones and Mic In option when the pop-up on the bottom right shows, but the headphones are not working. When I go to the sound settings all it says is "RealtekR Audio" for both the Input Microphone and Output Speaker. I don't have speakers built into the PC so the only audio I get is from the headphones - don't know if that has something to do with it.I do not have windows activated so I am unable to change the sound settings and have to rely on it doing it autom

:)

Will Gillies, Apr 2, 2023
  2. chichi2x Win User

No input or output devices work on my laptop.

I have been having trouble with my laptop for months, But that was only input devices. The only input and output that work with my pc is the ones built in.

Ive tried basically every suggestion the internet has given me, Such as troubleshooting, Updating drivers, Disabling and enabling etc

Im starting to suspect that its issues with headphones i have to plug in, And that bluetooth might work. I dont have any bluetooth headphones though.

The devices are all enabled but when i check my sound outputs my headphones arent an option, only the speakers.

My computwr was working just fine about 6 months ago,

chichi2x, Apr 2, 2023
  3. the audio input and output tab is gone, the system does not see the headphones

Hi, my name is Kelly, and I'm an independent consultant and I'm here to help.

If the audio input and output tab is missing in Windows 11 and the system is not detecting your headphones, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check if the audio service is running: Press Windows + R on your keyboard, type "services.msc" and press Enter. Look for "Windows Audio" and "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder" services in the list. If they are not running, right-click each service and select "Start."

Check if the headphones are properly connected: Ensure that the headphones are securely plugged into the audio jack or USB port, depending on the type of headphones you have. Try unplugging and re-plugging the headphones.

Check the sound settings: Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar and select "Open Sound settings." Under the "Output" section, select the device you want to use for sound output. If your headphones are not listed, click on "Troubleshoot" and follow the on-screen instructions to detect and fix any problems.

Update audio drivers: Go to the device manager by pressing Windows + X on your keyboard and selecting "Device Manager." Expand the "Sound, video and game controllers" section, right-click on the audio device and select "Update driver." Choose "Search automatically for updated driver software" and follow the on-screen instructions.

Disable audio enhancements: Go to the sound settings and click on "Device properties." Under the "Additional device properties" section, click on "Properties." Go to the "Enhancements" tab and select "Disable all enhancements." Click "OK" to save the changes.

If none of these steps work, it is possible that there may be an issue with the audio hardware. In this case, you may need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance or consider getting the audio hardware replaced.

kelly Lopes1, Apr 2, 2023
  4. Headphone input and output are not working?

Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

Headphone input and output are not working?

1. Headphone input and output are not working? - Similar Threads - Headphone input output

2. My input/mic takes the output/headphones sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My input/mic takes the output/headphones sound: I have JBL Quantum 200 headset whit mic. I have 1 cable from headphones and i have plugged it in to the splitter and than to the mic jack/input and headphones jack/output and if il do anything.. like if im watching youtube if i play game and voice chat whit someone they hear...
  3. My input/mic takes the output/headphones sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My input/mic takes the output/headphones sound: I have JBL Quantum 200 headset whit mic. I have 1 cable from headphones and i have plugged it in to the splitter and than to the mic jack/input and headphones jack/output and if il do anything.. like if im watching youtube if i play game and voice chat whit someone they hear...
  4. Headphone input and output are not working?

Headphone input and output are not working?: Plugging my headphones in to my pc no longer works and I am unsure on what to do. I am plugging them in, and selecting the Headphones and Mic In option when the pop-up on the bottom right shows, but the headphones are not working. When I go to the sound settings all it says...
  5. Headphone input not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone input not working: My microphone input doesnt work no matter what, i use microphones from headsets and earbuds, none of them work, not even the computer's built in mic. The only time my microphone works is in settings where it shows the amount of audio being inputted, can someone help?...
  6. Headphone input not working

Headphone input not working: My microphone input doesnt work no matter what, i use microphones from headsets and earbuds, none of them work, not even the computer's built in mic. The only time my microphone works is in settings where it shows the amount of audio being inputted, can someone help?...
  7. Headphone input not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Output and Input for Bluetooth headphones only working 1 at a time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Output and Input for Bluetooth headphones only working 1 at a time: Wanted to use my new JBL bluetooth headphones on my Windows 10 PC. I bought a USB to bluetooth adapter and was able to connect my headphones. The only problem is now i can only use them for listening or talking but not both at the same time. When i switch to add them as an...
  9. Headphones can't have input and output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones can't have input and output: Hi. I have these headphones https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/over_ear_headphones/quietcomfort-35-wireless-ii.html#v=qc35_ii_black or an older model, but essentially those ones. It connects via Bluetooth to the computer just fine, and I can set my output to it so...
  10. Trouble with the input and output settings with my headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble with the input and output settings with my headphones: My headphones have a mic built in that does not hang off the side of the headphones. I want them to be both my input and output device but it will only allow me to have it be one. The input device ends up being the one on the laptop that is very loud because of the fan...