Windows 10: Headphone input broke off in Windows 10 laptop and I want to disable the headphone jack

Discus and support Headphone input broke off in Windows 10 laptop and I want to disable the headphone jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've seen tons of things on how to remove the input end, but I just want to bypass the headphones all together. Can anyone help? I've tried for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stephanierussell2, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Headphone input broke off in Windows 10 laptop and I want to disable the headphone jack

I've seen tons of things on how to remove the input end, but I just want to bypass the headphones all together. Can anyone help? I've tried for a few hours to find an answer online, but can't seem to locate one. Thanks in advance.

:)

stephanierussell2, Sep 30, 2019

2. headphone jack

my headphone jack is broke and not letting me use the speakers on my laptop. how do I disable the headphone jack?

phillip1976, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Disable headphone jack windows 10

Hi

My headphone jack's tip broke inside port. Now sound is not playing through internal speakers as windows recognized as headphone is connected to laptop.

My configuration:

Dell Inspiron gaming 7567

Windows 10 version 1803 ( OS build 17134.112 )

I need help to disable headphone jack detection so sound will only play thorough laptop speakers.

Thanks

Bhushan

BhushanKanekar, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Headphone input broke off in Windows 10 laptop and I want to disable the headphone jack

Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now

Your sound driver may have options to enable/disable jacks based on what's plugged in the front/rear. For instance, my Realtek driver has:

Headphone input broke off in Windows 10 laptop and I want to disable the headphone jack [​IMG]

As for removing the broken plug it would depend on how far in it broke and how tight the jack is. I don't have any personal experience but there are a number of suggestions if you Google for "how to remove broken 3.5mm jack."

PolarNettles, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Headphone input broke off in Windows 10 laptop and I want to disable the headphone jack

1. Headphone input broke off in Windows 10 laptop and I want to disable the headphone jack - Similar Threads - Headphone input broke

2. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  3. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  4. Headphone Jack

Headphone Jack: Dell vostro 5410 windows 11 home laptop in headphone not detect please tell me how to resolve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/2f8ee37e-8f15-4540-8605-f0e3fe1f5f91
  5. Headphone jack

Headphone jack: Hi their, so basically i somehow changed my headphone jack on the front of my pc to be like a normal audio jack like on the back of it and now i don't know how to change it back to a headphone jack....
  6. Headphone jack not detecting headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack not detecting headphones: I know, you must be thinking: another one of these posts? But I swear, none of the other posts have helped me any way. After upgrading to windows 10, my headphone jack stopped working and wont detect my headphones. My microphone jack still works. I've tried multiple things...
  7. headphone jack

headphone jack: My headphones jack stopped working late nite, cant seem to trouble shoot the problem...Help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/a7680508-2097-4d50-bce6-3d3c97ebc842
  8. Headphone jack not working on laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Headphone jack not working on laptop: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some Windows laptops, mostly the newer ones that come with the NVIDIA RTX series GPUs have been facing issues where their headphone jack does not work. However, internal speakers continue to work fine. Even with the latest versions of all [...] This post...
  9. headphone jack

headphone jack: re window 10 headphone jack not enabled in windows 10 cant seem to find realtek on my computer anymore cant find legit download site any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/a2daf100-aad5-455a-8e6f-84bee665dfdd
  10. Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now

Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now: On my desktop a 3.5mm plug broke off in my rear speaker out jack. And now when I try to use the front headphone jack it doesn't work. Did the broken plug in the rear disable the front headphone jack? Can anyone help with either problem? thanks! 114665

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable headphone in laptop in windows 10