Windows 10: headphone is display as microphone

Discus and support headphone is display as microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so I recently try using a headset with my laptop but the laptop shows that the headset is a microphone and there's no sound being inputted into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zouhang, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Zouhang Win User

headphone is display as microphone

so I recently try using a headset with my laptop but the laptop shows that the headset is a microphone and there's no sound being inputted into the headset. i here to ask how do you fix this problem.

:)

Zouhang, Mar 23, 2020
  2. SupaCrow Win User

Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    headphone is display as microphone [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Salvyar Win User
    Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Mar 23, 2020
  4. AliseReid Win User

Headphones, microphone issue.

The device is the default and I have updated the drivers. They say they are up to date. I'll answer your questions below.

• Are you getting any error message?
      • No error messages.
    • When did the issue start? It started last month sometime.
      • It goes in and out of doing what I want it to.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to the issue?
      • No changes were made.
    • Have you tried using a different headphone to isolate the issue?
      • Yes.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you d so far?
      • I have tried updating drivers, setting defaults, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, changing headphones, turning off the microphone, changing the settings in Realtek Manager.

I've tried a lot of stuff without any luck. I'm not sure what the issue is.

AliseReid, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

1. headphone is display as microphone - Similar Threads - headphone display microphone

2. Headphone microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone microphone not working: hi,I use BT neckband for my pc the audio works fine but microphone doesn't work it show headset in sounds pannel and under controller information it shows "hands free AG audio" when i tap or make some sound near mic it doesn't work, I have tried many things still doesn't...
  3. Headphones as microphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones as microphones: My headphones are recognised microphones after replugging. I accidentally clicked microphones on this popup and pressed "do not show dialog again" , what is this popup and how do i get it back?...
  4. Headphones as microphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones as microphones: My headphones are recognised microphones after replugging. I accidentally clicked microphones on this popup and pressed "do not show dialog again" , what is this popup and how do i get it back?...
  5. Headphones as microphones

6. Headphone microphone not working.

Headphone microphone not working.: I have Beats Studio 3 Headphones which work with either Bluetooth or wired. When I have it wired into my pc, the audio sounds fine but I can't use the built in mic my headphones have. If I connect the headphones through Bluetooth, the mic works but both the audio and mic...
  7. Headphones microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones microphone not working: Hello, lately I ran into this problem where the headset microphone doesn't show up in the input section, because it would only show the default microphone of my laptop, microphone array. I tried to buy a splitter but it still won't work....
  8. Headphone's microphone not working

Headphone's microphone not working: My laptop doesn't detect my headphone as it doesn't show up on connected devices, I can hear sounds through it but others can't hear me. I have tried another pair of earphones but the problem persists....
  9. Headphone microphone not working.

Headphone microphone not working.: So, here iam im sorry im not good in english but ill try to explain as well as possible. I have this new headphone for over a year it has nice sound and has a microphone that is in the cable (look just normal). But i have a realtek HD audiodriver and it automaticly pops up...
  10. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone: Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone. [img] How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos...