Windows 10: Headphone issues after reseting laptop

Discus and support Headphone issues after reseting laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay so recently I reset my laptop (its an inspiron 13-5378) because I had too much unnecessary files. But now whenever I plug in my headphones, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/edgelord-6969, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Headphone issues after reseting laptop

Okay so recently I reset my laptop (its an inspiron 13-5378) because I had too much unnecessary files. But now whenever I plug in my headphones, the sound still comes from the laptop speakers. I have to restart my laptop with the headphones plugged in for it to work. But even after that, the sound quality is bad, it feels.. off. But it works just fine on other devices. If anyone can help that'd be great

submitted by /u/edgelord-6969
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/edgelord-6969, Dec 27, 2020

2. Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Clem Win User
    Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

4. Joan Pin Win User

Headphone issues after reseting laptop

Headphones, microphone issue.

Hi Alise,

This issue may be due to driver compatibility. We'd like to ask additional information to better assist you. Please answer the following:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this?
    • Have you tried using a different headphone to isolate the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you set the headphone as the default device on your computer. Here's how:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound.
    • Choose Headphones and click Set default button at the bottom.
    • In some cases, there is no headphone option alone, but Speakers/Headphone. If that’s the case, select that and click
      Set default button at the bottom.
    • Press OK.

If the issue persists, then you can update your driver by following the steps
    here

Feel free to respond if the provided steps work for you.

Joan Pin, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Headphone issues after reseting laptop

1. Headphone issues after reseting laptop - Similar Threads - Headphone issues reseting

2. No speakers or headphones are plugged in issue after Factory Reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in issue after Factory Reset.: Before the factory reset my headphones did work but now after its done its not working? Can someone help me?I have my headphones plugged in but it's kind of weird that its showing me this error.Screenshot : https://imgur.com/a/iIcI1nT...
  3. No speakers or headphones are plugged in issue after Factory Reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in issue after Factory Reset.: Before the factory reset my headphones did work but now after its done its not working? Can someone help me?I have my headphones plugged in but it's kind of weird that its showing me this error.Screenshot : https://imgur.com/a/iIcI1nT...
  4. No speakers or headphones are plugged in issue after Factory Reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Persistent drive filling issue on laptop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent drive filling issue on laptop after factory reset: I recently performed a factory reset on my laptop to address a drive filling issue. However, even after the reset, the problem still persists. The drives on my laptop keep filling up without any apparent reason or action from my side. I have already tried disk cleanup and...
  6. Must reset laptop for headphones to work

Must reset laptop for headphones to work: The only way to get the headphones to work was by specifically turning on the laptop AFTER you've connected the headphones, then it would start up fine & the headphones would work. If I disconnect them or start the laptop without having them connected, then the audio would...
  7. No sound with headphones even after Factory resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound with headphones even after Factory resetting: So about a while ago I pulled my headphones too hard and a little piece got stock in there but I just took it out. And that was that. A couple weeks later my sound wasn't working with my headphones. The speakers and Bluetooth earbuds were fine. I couldn't figure out what to...
  8. Issue after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue after reset: Hello, l have reset windows 10 and “remove all data” and it has been more than 24 hours and it is still “ installing windows 64%” “your windows will restart several times” what should l do ?!...
  9. Headphone Jack doesnt detect headphones after a reset.

Headphone Jack doesnt detect headphones after a reset.: Hi, so i did a reset of my pc (the basic one under recovery, just deleted all the files) and after the reset my headphones stopped being detected by the laptop. Whenever i put them in i get the usual popup asking me what type of device this is and the usual headphone option...
  10. Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop: Hi, I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues: Windows search bar doesn't work Shop app won't open Won't allow me to change location settings Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it Any ideas what...