Windows 10: Headphone Issues

Discus and support Headphone Issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have been able to use my headphones perfectly fine all day until I got home and turned on my PC about an hour ago. The headphones have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SamuelStuhlinger, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Headphone Issues

Hello,

I have been able to use my headphones perfectly fine all day until I got home and turned on my PC about an hour ago.

The headphones have a mic, and the microphone is still being caught by the computer and registered as audio input, however, the audio simply doesn't output into the actual headphones.

Whenever I try to listen to music, it blasts on the speakers. I've tried troubleshooting the audio device, but the PC says it's working perfectly fine.

I've set my default to the headphones for both input and output options yet they don't work, I've updated the drivers for the headphones to it's newest version yet it won't work.

Someone please help me if possible.

:)

SamuelStuhlinger, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

Headphones, microphone issue.

Hi Alise,

This issue may be due to driver compatibility. We'd like to ask additional information to better assist you. Please answer the following:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this?
    • Have you tried using a different headphone to isolate the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you set the headphone as the default device on your computer. Here's how:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound.
    • Choose Headphones and click Set default button at the bottom.
    • In some cases, there is no headphone option alone, but Speakers/Headphone. If that’s the case, select that and click
      Set default button at the bottom.
    • Press OK.

If the issue persists, then you can update your driver by following the steps
    here

Feel free to respond if the provided steps work for you.

Joan Pin, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Headphone Sound Issue

Hello,

This issue could be related to the drivers on your computer or there's a problem with the headphones itself. For us to effectively assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us when did the issue start?
    • Are you referring to brand new headphones?
    • Have you tried updating the sound card drivers on your computer by checking the latest driver that is available from the manufacturer's website?
    • Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps provided in this article? If not, we advise that you try to perform
      the steps in the article and see if it helps.

Meanwhile, if you haven't tried downloading and installing the latest driver from the manufacturer's website, we suggest that you try it and check if you will experience the same issue.

Do get back to us so that we can further help.

Stephanie Sal, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Headphone Issues

[WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Headphone Issues

1. Headphone Issues - Similar Threads - Headphone Issues

2. Issues with using headphone with Phone link and PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with using headphone with Phone link and PC: i am using phone link to make calls but the but the head phones don't seem to work. sound still goes through the computer speaker. when i stream radio on computer the headphones work fine. all other aspects of phone link seem to work fine with my dell computer, windows 11 and...
  3. Issues with using headphone with Phone link and PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with using headphone with Phone link and PC: i am using phone link to make calls but the but the head phones don't seem to work. sound still goes through the computer speaker. when i stream radio on computer the headphones work fine. all other aspects of phone link seem to work fine with my dell computer, windows 11 and...
  4. USB-C Samsung headphones Not working - Resolve Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C Samsung headphones Not working - Resolve Issue: USB-C Samsung headphones Not working - Resolve Issuei.e. If your USB-C headphones only display as microphone and not as a output deviceDISABLE THE INTEL SMART SOUND DRIVER. This fixed the problem for me....
  5. USB-C Samsung headphones Not working - Resolve Issue

USB-C Samsung headphones Not working - Resolve Issue: USB-C Samsung headphones Not working - Resolve Issuei.e. If your USB-C headphones only display as microphone and not as a output deviceDISABLE THE INTEL SMART SOUND DRIVER. This fixed the problem for me....
  6. Issue with Laptop Speaker - Audio Only Works with Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Laptop Speaker - Audio Only Works with Headphones: The speakers on my laptop have stopped functioning, and I can only hear audio when using headphones.I have already attempted to troubleshoot this problem by updating and reinstalling the audio driver, but unfortunately, the issue persists. Despite my efforts, the laptop...
  7. Issue with Laptop Speaker - Audio Only Works with Headphones

Issue with Laptop Speaker - Audio Only Works with Headphones: The speakers on my laptop have stopped functioning, and I can only hear audio when using headphones.I have already attempted to troubleshoot this problem by updating and reinstalling the audio driver, but unfortunately, the issue persists. Despite my efforts, the laptop...
  8. Bluetooth Connection Issue: Unable to Connect Headphones After Uninstalling Mediatek...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Connection Issue: Unable to Connect Headphones After Uninstalling Mediatek...: Hello everyone,I'm experiencing a frustrating issue with my Bluetooth connection and I'm hoping someone here might be able to offer some insight or assistance.For context, I've been having trouble connecting my Bluetooth headphones for the past couple of days. Whenever I...
  9. Bluetooth Connection Issue: Unable to Connect Headphones After Uninstalling Mediatek...

Bluetooth Connection Issue: Unable to Connect Headphones After Uninstalling Mediatek...: Hello everyone,I'm experiencing a frustrating issue with my Bluetooth connection and I'm hoping someone here might be able to offer some insight or assistance.For context, I've been having trouble connecting my Bluetooth headphones for the past couple of days. Whenever I...
  10. Issue with sound from headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with sound from headphones.: After my HP laptop froze, I heard a buzzing sound in my headphones.I restarted my PC, and the sound from my headphones doesn't work, speakers work. Headphones work on other devices but not on the PC. Updating drivers doesn't work....