Windows 10: Headphone jack makes unbearable static sound when I plug headphones in

Discus and support Headphone jack makes unbearable static sound when I plug headphones in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had a brand new a Dell Inspiron 5406 2in1 for a few weeks now, and whenever I plug headphones into the headphone jack, it makes a static sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ErikBrownlow, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Headphone jack makes unbearable static sound when I plug headphones in

I have had a brand new a Dell Inspiron 5406 2in1 for a few weeks now, and whenever I plug headphones into the headphone jack, it makes a static sound that replaces any audio that I am meant to be listening to.

This issue is not with the headphones as I have tried multiple types and they all produced the same noise, but when I plugged them into different devices they worked fine.

I have attempted to update my drivers on dell.com/support, but my device is apparantly up to date.

Could this be a hardware issue with my laptop or do I need to find other ways to repair my software?

:)

ErikBrownlow, Dec 15, 2020

2. Static in Headphone Jack on PC

Hello,

Recently, the headphone jack on my Dell Inspiron 17 5000 laptop has produced static sounds whenever I plugged anything in. It produces a mildly sharp snapping sound when using anything I tested in the jack; using speakers is fine because i cannot hear it,
    but using headphones or earphones is compromised because the sound is right next to your ear. It goes away after sound has not been used for a while on the PC and it is the same volume despite the PC volume except when it is muted, when it lowers in volume
    or goes away. Anything not going though the headphone jack, such as the laptop's built-in speakers, appear to be working fine, with no static. The issue has existed for about a month; I've had the PC for about
    1 and 1/2 yrs.

In advance, thank you for any help.

Mr. Owl 1999, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Headphone jack producing static noise.

I have a Acer TravelMate B117 that I have been having audio issues with. My speakers work fine (they were acting up so I restarted my laptop and this is when the troubles started to occur, also wasn't even picking up that there was anything plugged in
    before restart), but whenever I plug in headphones or earphones (I have tried it with multiple things in the headphone jack, all produced the static). They play sounds but there is static, the levels being too high make the sound distorted (similar to earrape
    videos) and I tried disabling/re-enabling the speakers and still same.

I believe that the headphone jack is the thing that is causing the problem and would like any help I can get. I'm getting a headache from the static (didn't listen to it for long but head hurts) and would like some answers to why this is happening.

AlliDaKitKat, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Erson Mag Win User

Headphone jack makes unbearable static sound when I plug headphones in

Static in Headphone Jack on PC

Hi,

If you are hearing static sound on your PC whenever you are plugging in your headphones or earphones, click this

link
    and follow the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue.

Update us on the results.

Erson Mag, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Headphone jack makes unbearable static sound when I plug headphones in

1. Headphone jack makes unbearable static sound when I plug headphones in - Similar Threads - Headphone jack makes

2. headphone jack producing nonstop static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone jack producing nonstop static: this is driving me crazy. for the last week or two my headphone jack has been producing this obnoxiously annoying static sound in my headphones whenever i have them plugged in. it wasn't so bad at first, it was on the quiet-side and would go away after a while, but now it's...
  3. headphone jack producing nonstop static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphone jack producing nonstop static: this is driving me crazy. for the last week or two my headphone jack has been producing this obnoxiously annoying static sound in my headphones whenever i have them plugged in. it wasn't so bad at first, it was on the quiet-side and would go away after a while, but now it's...
  4. headphone jack producing nonstop static

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Plugging mic into headphone jack

Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  6. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  7. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic.

Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic.: I have a headset with a mic that I plug into a splitter the splitter has a headphone and mic jack that are plugged into their own specific slots. They have been working fine for the past 6 months, up until as of this morning. Where only one of them function at a time. When I...
  9. Static / uneven sound from headphone jack.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Static / uneven sound from headphone jack.: My HP laptop's (cx0056wm) headphone started giving weird noises from this morning. The real sound is mixed with all types of electrical noises (humm ,buzz ,static etc) .I have tried all the obvious solutions (rebooting ,driver ,cleaning jack ,etc) ,but nothing worked. I am...
  10. Headphone jack producing static noise.

Headphone jack producing static noise.: I have a Acer TravelMate B117 that I have been having audio issues with. My speakers work fine (they were acting up so I restarted my laptop and this is when the troubles started to occur, also wasn't even picking up that there was anything plugged in before restart), but...