Windows 10: Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.

Discus and support Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've been scattering around trying to find out why my headphones haven't been working. It seems the headphone jack has just suddenly stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tatus0, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Tatus0 Win User

Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.

So I've been scattering around trying to find out why my headphones haven't been working. It seems the headphone jack has just suddenly stopped detecting headphones that are plugged in. The issue started on Friday and I've only just noticed that the problem is the jack. However, the jack is actually fine in terms of its quality, I think it might be a driver or an internal issue on the computer.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my HD audio controller driver and my audio drivers as well but that didn't help. I've also factory reset my PC, deleting all personal files and that still didn't work. And yes. I restarted my pc lmao.

Could I please get some help? I don't want to have to pay another £70-100 for a good pair of USB headphones.

:)

Tatus0, Oct 26, 2019
  2. jds63 Win User

Audio Issues - Quiet & no detection of headphones

I usually found had to switch between speakers and headphones either in sound properties or through sound device software to make them work. Could depend on type you are using, USB headphones or 3.5mm headphone jack or larger. One thing should of listed was brand and model of headphones. Some headphones USB come with software and drivers.

jds63, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Front panel jack doesn't detect Headphones

Hi,

In the previous versions of Windows, this feature is auto detected. To better assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different headphones to the front panel jack?
    • Did the PC detect the headphones when it was connected at the back panel jack?
    • Did you encounter an error message, when the headphones are connected to front panel jack?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Robert Caw, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.

Headphone jack not working

Hi Jonathan,

Issues with headphones or headphone jack could have happened due to hardware issues. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you update your driver. You can follow this
    link
    for the steps on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

If the issue still occurs, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer to check and troubleshoot your hardware issue with headphone jack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.

1. Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work. - Similar Threads - Headphone jack detecting

2. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  3. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  4. Headphone jack not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone jack not working: My headphones were working perfectly fine until a couple hours ago when they just stopped working.I tested the headphones and they work perfectly fine,so the problem is with the headphone jack.The headphones are not detected in control panel and I've tried reinstalling the...
  5. Headphone jack not detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack not detected.: My PC froze, i restarted, and the audio port was no longer being detected. Formated, fresh install, still no headphone jack detection tested multiple headphones and headsets bluetooth works fine but i need wired connection.Tried to run the troubleshoot program but it needs to...
  6. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: I've updated every audio related driver I can find and searched for help for literal days and I can't find a solution that works. This issue started one morning for seemingly no reason. There was no windows update or anything unless it was just a background one and all of a...
  7. headphone jack is not working

headphone jack is not working: head phone jack works when i disable and re-enable audio driver and after removing when i re-plugged headphone it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-is-not-working/220d93b5-19aa-4fff-b005-f54e21087d91
  8. Headphone jack not detecting headphones

Headphone jack not detecting headphones: I know, you must be thinking: another one of these posts? But I swear, none of the other posts have helped me any way. After upgrading to windows 10, my headphone jack stopped working and wont detect my headphones. My microphone jack still works. I've tried multiple things...
  9. Audio jack not detecting headphones

in Cortana
    Audio jack not detecting headphones: So my headphones work fine i plugged them into my other pc and they worked. i've had this computer for about 4 months, it's never had this problem, i unplugged it to use in my other pc, but then when i plugged it back in it didn't show up as an audio device, i tried...
  10. Headphone Jack not working or being detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone Jack not working or being detected: My headphone jack stopped working after the last windows 10 update. When I plug in my headphones (known good) or a line out nothing happens. I know my computer used to detect the headphone jack and switch from built in speakers to the jack but now it does not detect anything....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset headphone jack due to portable device

2. Hi Cortana my headphone Jack is Jack is not work