Windows 10: Headphone jack not recognized as output device

Discus and support Headphone jack not recognized as output device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sometime recently, whenever I plug headphones into the jack, the computer tells me "You just plugged a device into the audio jack." But the sound keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DFXS, Mar 1, 2019.

1. DFXS Win User

Headphone jack not recognized as output device

Sometime recently, whenever I plug headphones into the jack, the computer tells me "You just plugged a device into the audio jack." But the sound keeps coming out of the laptop speakers. Headphones don't show up under output devices and the Realtek software only gives me two choices of devices to choose from, Mic or Line in. It seems as if somewhere, Windows 10 or Realtek forgot the jack was input/output. Have uninstalled and reinstalled device software. Anybody have any ideas?

Lenovo Ideapad 510

Realtek HD Audio driver (automatically installed).

Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.348 (last updated 3/1/19)

:)

DFXS, Mar 1, 2019

2. Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Alienware Laptop M17x R4 - Sound Blaster Recon3Di - headphone jack not functioning properly

Thanks for the info.

I tried method 1 and it did not change anything.

I followed the link and followed all directions for updating drivers, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, installing only generic Microsoft drivers, etc. I tried everything.

I read over method 2 and tried to disable the speakers, just to see what it would do. There was no sound, of course. I checked the list and it doesn't look like the device manager recognizes the jack at all. There is a 'Speakers' option and several 'Digital
    Display Audio' options that are greyed out because I do not have any outputs going anywhere. I tried to find the headphone and headphone/mic jacks on the list, but they aren't there. I checked the jacks and there is nothing physically wrong with them, the
    laptop just has no idea that there are jacks available. When I plug in the headphones, the sound comes from the speakers AND the headphones.

I guess my next step is figuring out why the laptop suddenly doesn't recognize that there are jacks available.

Thank you so much for your quick response and I hope you can help me again.

DalthaDolanch, Mar 1, 2019
  4. lvgandhi Win User

DELL Venue 8 Pro-No headphone audio output device.

I have done clean install of Windows 10 in my DV8P. Everything works fine. When I check audio output devices, it shows only Speaker. Even after inserting headphone jack, I am not finding headphone as audio output device. Hence hearing audio without disturbing others is not possible.
    Any solutions, please.

lvgandhi, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Headphone jack not recognized as output device - Similar Threads - Headphone jack recognized

2. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  3. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  4. Headphone Jack not Recognized in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack not Recognized in Windows 11: My Headphone Jack no longer works after upgrading to Windows 11. It works if I have it plugged in and reboot, but as soon as I unplug it stops until a reboot....it does not automatically detect it...
  5. Headphone Jack not Recognized in Windows 11

Headphone Jack not Recognized in Windows 11: My Headphone Jack no longer works after upgrading to Windows 11. It works if I have it plugged in and reboot, but as soon as I unplug it stops until a reboot....it does not automatically detect it...
  6. Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't...
  7. Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't...
  8. Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.

9. My windows detects an output device but not an input in the headphones jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My windows detects an output device but not an input in the headphones jack: So, When I first bought my PC everything was working fine but i didn't need the mic then so I don't think i checked if it was working back then or no. Anyways I then needed my mic because I was playing with some friends. the game didn't detect my headphones mic I then went...
  10. Speaker and headphone output device recognized as the same?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speaker and headphone output device recognized as the same?: Hi, I'm not sure how to explain this problem. Basically, the headphones are working fine, the microphone attached to the headphone works fine, but the volume for both speaker and headphones are the same. What's more, when I check the audio devices, only the speaker appears......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphone not recognized in sound output

2. jack recognise as input not output

3. headphones not recognized as output