Windows 10: Headphone jack not showing on playback devices

Discus and support Headphone jack not showing on playback devices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I want to put my output audio as my earphones and so when I go to playback devices it doesnt show my plugged in esrphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zyokaze, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Zyokaze Win User

Headphone jack not showing on playback devices

So I want to put my output audio as my earphones and so when I go to playback devices it doesnt show my plugged in esrphones

:)

Zyokaze, Aug 1, 2020
  2. spriggs Win User

Playback devices

Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the headphones works exactly as it should but, oddly, the headphones no longer appear as an option in the playback menu. Any suggestion why?
    It has also been some considerable time since I was able to access the via hd console. Clicking on VIAAUD in Program Files has no effect whatsoever. Any views on this?

spriggs, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Headphones and Speakers not showing up in playback devices

Hi Jonathan,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please tell us if you made any significant hardware or software changes on your laptop prior to this issue. Also, can you provide us the steps you have already taken to
    try to resolve the issue? In the meantime, follow these steps on how you can enable your playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Sounds.
    • Under the Playback tab, right-click on the default speakers and select
      Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Your headphones or speakers should now appear here.
    • Right-click the headphones or speakers and select Enable.

Keep us updated with the results.

Aileen Alf, Aug 1, 2020
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Playback Devices/Headphones and Speakers Auto Switching?

I'm not sure how it works with 3.5mm headphone jacks, but with USB headsets go to Control Panel > Sounds > Playback tab and with the headphones plugged in select them and then set them as the default playback device (click 'Set Default' button).

If they are the default playback device, when they are plugged in sound will come through them, when they are unplugged the sound will come through the normal speakers.

ARC1020, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Headphone jack not showing on playback devices - Similar Threads - Headphone jack showing

2. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.: My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. They work when connected to other devices or when connected with wire. I tried every thing like reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers, setting the Bluetooth services to automatic, not even visible in...
  3. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.: My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. They work when connected to other devices or when connected with wire. I tried every thing like reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers, setting the Bluetooth services to automatic, not even visible in...
  4. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. New headphones not showing up as a playback device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New headphones not showing up as a playback device: I recently bought a wired headset with a mic in order to game and take discord calls on my computer. When I plug my 3.5mm jack into the audio port, i get sound but my mic doesn't function. And if I plug into the microphone port I can talk but I dont hear any audio. I've done...
  6. Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device

Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device: I have a new laptop with windows 10 and have Bose bluetooth earphones. I have confirmed they are conncted by bluetooth and are showing up as paired but are not showing up as a playback device so I cant hear computer audio through them. I have tried uninstalling the driver...
  7. Headphones not showing up on my playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones not showing up on my playback devices: None of my headphones are showing up in my playback devices. They used to work before when I got this laptop, but after a windows update, for some reason, my headphones wouldn't work unless I restarted the laptop. In addition, my playback devices only had one device:...
  8. Headphones not showing up in playback devices [Windows 10]

Headphones not showing up in playback devices [Windows 10]: On my Windows 10 HP z400 workstation, plugging in headphones to the computer's front jacks does not cause them to show up in playback devices, even though disconnected and disabled devices are both shown. I have tried this with multiple different headphones (all of which work...
  9. Headphones not showing in Playback Devices

Headphones not showing in Playback Devices: So I've just finished installing the creators update and only Speakers are showing in Playback Devices. I've tried updating my sound drivers as well as selecting 'Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices'. I've also run the troubleshooter. Headphones do not appear as an option in...
  10. Headphones/Earphones Not Showing Up On Playback Devices

Headphones/Earphones Not Showing Up On Playback Devices: Hello, I'm running on Windows 10 Home and my earphones work but they don't show up in playback devices (Right click sound and select playback devices) I'm not really sure how to get them back. It doesn't really matter with my earphones but my headphones don't work at all...