Windows 10: Headphone Jack Not Working After Troubleshoot Windows 10

Discus and support Headphone Jack Not Working After Troubleshoot Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was having some trouble with my microphone, so I decided to run the troubleshooter.I ran the troubleshooter, then restarted it to apply changes it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevinLecter9, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Headphone Jack Not Working After Troubleshoot Windows 10

I was having some trouble with my microphone, so I decided to run the troubleshooter.I ran the troubleshooter, then restarted it to apply changes it had made, but when I restarted I found that when I plugged my headphones in, they wouldn't show up.I've tried unplugging and replugging them, I've tried troubleshooting again and opening the device manager and control panel, but with all three of these things I wasn't able to do anything because the headphones didn't even show up.

:)

KevinLecter9, Feb 11, 2024

2. Headphone jack not working

Hi Jonathan,

Issues with headphones or headphone jack could have happened due to hardware issues. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you update your driver. You can follow this
    link
    for the steps on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

If the issue still occurs, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer to check and troubleshoot your hardware issue with headphone jack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Feb 11, 2024
  3. izzadoor Win User
    Playback through headphones in jack on Windows 10 not working

Currently, on my Windows 10 PC I have the following strange behavior: my speakers and my USB headphones both will play sound fine, but my headphones in the headphone jack do not play sound. Additionally, my headphones are not listed under playback devices when they are plugged in.

What I have tried so far:

1. Restarting Computer
    2. Double-checking volume mixer to make sure I did not accidentally mute my computer
    3. Right-clicking sound icon and following all steps in “Troubleshoot Sound Problems” and restarting
    4. Troubleshoot Settings → additional troubleshooters → playing audio and following all the steps
    5. Going to Device Manager → Sound, video and game controllers and uninstalling either Realtek Audio Device or High Definition Audio Device and restarting
    6. Going to Device Manager → Sound, video and game controllers and selecting “update driver” on High Definition Audio Device
    7. Updating OS
    8. Downloading drivers from the manufacturer of my computer and restarting
    9. Going to Realtek Audio Console → Device Advanced Settings → toggling “Disable front panel jack detection” on and off and testing
    Edit: The headphones work when plugged in to another Windows 10 PC and plugging in different headphones to my headphone jack did not seem to fix the issue.

Edit 2: When I put my headphones in the jack, sound stops coming through the speakers. When I installed a different driver (the one installed by the sound troubleshooter, not the one from the computer manufacturer), my headphones appeared in the list of devices, but no sound comes out.

Does anyone have any suggestions of anything else I could try? Any help or tips are very much appreciated.

izzadoor, Feb 11, 2024
  4. Headphone Jack Not Working After Troubleshoot Windows 10

Headphone jack not working

Hi Kurtis,

For us to narrow down your concern with your headphone jack, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried a different headphone? If yes, what is the result?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 11, 2024
Thema:

Headphone Jack Not Working After Troubleshoot Windows 10

1. Headphone Jack Not Working After Troubleshoot Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Headphone Jack Working

2. Headphone Jack Not Working After Troubleshoot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack Not Working After Troubleshoot Windows 10: I was having some trouble with my microphone, so I decided to run the troubleshooter.I ran the troubleshooter, then restarted it to apply changes it had made, but when I restarted I found that when I plugged my headphones in, they wouldn't show up.I've tried unplugging and...
  3. Headphone Jack Not Working After Troubleshoot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack Not Working After Troubleshoot Windows 10: I was having some trouble with my microphone, so I decided to run the troubleshooter.I ran the troubleshooter, then restarted it to apply changes it had made, but when I restarted I found that when I plugged my headphones in, they wouldn't show up.I've tried unplugging and...
  4. headphone jack not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    headphone jack not working: hi, my headphone jack is not working, i thought it was a problem with the hardware, but it might be with the software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-not-working/2c88511a-bec2-4417-8797-294affcbfaad
  5. headphone jack not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone jack not working: hi, my headphone jack is not working, i thought it was a problem with the hardware, but it might be with the software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-not-working/2c88511a-bec2-4417-8797-294affcbfaad
  6. Headphone jack not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone jack not working: My headphones were working perfectly fine until a couple hours ago when they just stopped working.I tested the headphones and they work perfectly fine,so the problem is with the headphone jack.The headphones are not detected in control panel and I've tried reinstalling the...
  7. Headphone jack not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack not working after Windows update: I opened Device Manager to see what's going on with the drivers but it turns out that I cannot reinstall them Realtek High Definition Audio because "Access is denied". Does anybody have an idea how to combat this issue?...
  8. headphone jack is not working

headphone jack is not working: head phone jack works when i disable and re-enable audio driver and after removing when i re-plugged headphone it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-is-not-working/220d93b5-19aa-4fff-b005-f54e21087d91
  9. headphone jack not working

headphone jack not working: on my win.10 Inspiron all-in-1, the headphone jack is inoperable. went to sound and in playback tab, speakers/headphones from Realtek are selected as default device??? I've been threw troubleshooting, support, microsoft and intel. anyone w/same... please share fix info...
  10. headphone jack not working

headphone jack not working: I plug in my headphones and nothing happens. Sound stops coming from computer speakers but does not come out of headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-not-working/8fc540a7-d9a2-4a65-8da4-c1d696e06743