Windows 10: Headphone Jack not working correctly - "No Jack Information Available"

Discus and support Headphone Jack not working correctly - "No Jack Information Available" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a laptop with Windows 10 installed, and the headphone jack is not detected on it. I first noticed this when I went on discord with my friend.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LozR02, Jun 13, 2020.

1. LozR02 Win User

Headphone Jack not working correctly - "No Jack Information Available"

I have a laptop with Windows 10 installed, and the headphone jack is not detected on it.

I first noticed this when I went on discord with my friend. I was listening to music before the call, and I could hear it play through my headset. However, when my friend called me, he couldn't hear me, and discord could not detect and input device on my laptop.

I then went to the sound settings on my laptop to see if it was a problem with discord or a problem with my laptop in general. I checked the input and output devices on my laptop sound settings, and all that comes up are "Microphone Array RealtekR Audio" and "Stereo Mix RealtekR Audio". Selecting either of these as my input device does not detect any input from my headset.

So, I can hear sound play through my headset even though its not detected on my laptop, but my laptop does not detect any input from my headset.

I then decided to troubleshoot 'Recording Audio' for Windows 10, but nothing helped. Under "Stereo Mix RealtekR Audio" it says 'No jack information available'.

I'm not sure what else i could do to try and fix this. Could anyone help?

:)

LozR02, Jun 13, 2020

2. Headphone jack not working

Hi Jonathan,

Issues with headphones or headphone jack could have happened due to hardware issues. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you update your driver. You can follow this
    link
    for the steps on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

If the issue still occurs, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer to check and troubleshoot your hardware issue with headphone jack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Jun 13, 2020
  3. RoshanV S Win User
    Headphone jack not working

Hi,

Sadly it is confirmed that the problem is with the headphone jack. I suggest you to consult a laptop technician to repair/replace the headphone jack. If you have any further queries feel free to ask.

RoshanV S, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Headphone Jack not working correctly - "No Jack Information Available"

Headphone jack not working

Hi Kurtis,

For us to narrow down your concern with your headphone jack, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried a different headphone? If yes, what is the result?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Headphone Jack not working correctly - "No Jack Information Available"

1. Headphone Jack not working correctly - "No Jack Information Available" - Similar Threads - Headphone Jack working

2. No jack information available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No jack information available: On windows 10 I used the troubleshooter and notice there is no jack information available and only the left side of my headphones work and I have tried everything from uninstalling to updating and it just won't work...
  3. No jack information available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No jack information available: On windows 10 I used the troubleshooter and notice there is no jack information available and only the left side of my headphones work and I have tried everything from uninstalling to updating and it just won't work...
  4. No jack information available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. headphone jack not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone jack not working: hi, my headphone jack is not working, i thought it was a problem with the hardware, but it might be with the software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-not-working/2c88511a-bec2-4417-8797-294affcbfaad
  6. No Jack Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Jack Information: I recently updated to windows 11 and my audio just stopped working out of no where. I have a laptop so i don't use headphones, but I was on my computer, everything was working fine. All of a sudden my computer ran into a problem and restarted and when I turned it back on my...
  7. Headphone jack not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone jack not working: My headphones were working perfectly fine until a couple hours ago when they just stopped working.I tested the headphones and they work perfectly fine,so the problem is with the headphone jack.The headphones are not detected in control panel and I've tried reinstalling the...
  8. No Jack information available!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Jack information available!!: Hi. I have encountered an issue today for the first time in at least a year, which is cool but needs fixing never the less. I am an intermediate mix engineer with a home studio set-up and use my PC mostly for this purpose. I use an external interface made by Presonus. It...
  9. headphone jack is not working

headphone jack is not working: head phone jack works when i disable and re-enable audio driver and after removing when i re-plugged headphone it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-is-not-working/220d93b5-19aa-4fff-b005-f54e21087d91
  10. headphone jack not working

headphone jack not working: on my win.10 Inspiron all-in-1, the headphone jack is inoperable. went to sound and in playback tab, speakers/headphones from Realtek are selected as default device??? I've been threw troubleshooting, support, microsoft and intel. anyone w/same... please share fix info...