Windows 10: Headphone Jack not working or being detected

Discus and support Headphone Jack not working or being detected in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My headphone jack stopped working after the last windows 10 update. When I plug in my headphones (known good) or a line out nothing happens. I know my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoshuaGood, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Headphone Jack not working or being detected

My headphone jack stopped working after the last windows 10 update. When I plug in my headphones (known good) or a line out nothing happens. I know my computer used to detect the headphone jack and switch from built in speakers to the jack but now it does not detect anything. There is a red light in the port I can visually see but nothing works. I have unistalled drivers, reverted drivers, and updated drives with no luck. I have tried every suggestion I could find on this issue to no avail. It seems that nothing detects the jack and keeps my speakers running. Here are my computer specs and some related images. Headphone Jack not working or being detected 4635c153-1b20-4515-a0a6-ff2389fda314?upload=true.png Headphone Jack not working or being detected cb37d921-7be0-414f-9a50-1d6682b7bd61?upload=true.png

:)

JoshuaGood, Mar 11, 2019

2. Front panel jack doesn't detect Headphones

Hi,

In the previous versions of Windows, this feature is auto detected. To better assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different headphones to the front panel jack?
    • Did the PC detect the headphones when it was connected at the back panel jack?
    • Did you encounter an error message, when the headphones are connected to front panel jack?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Robert Caw, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Headphone jack not working

Hi Jonathan,

Issues with headphones or headphone jack could have happened due to hardware issues. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you update your driver. You can follow this
    link
    for the steps on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

If the issue still occurs, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer to check and troubleshoot your hardware issue with headphone jack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Headphone Jack not working or being detected

Headphone jack not working

Hi Kurtis,

For us to narrow down your concern with your headphone jack, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried a different headphone? If yes, what is the result?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Headphone Jack not working or being detected

1. Headphone Jack not working or being detected - Similar Threads - Headphone Jack working

2. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  3. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  4. Headphone jack not detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack not detected.: My PC froze, i restarted, and the audio port was no longer being detected. Formated, fresh install, still no headphone jack detection tested multiple headphones and headsets bluetooth works fine but i need wired connection.Tried to run the troubleshoot program but it needs to...
  5. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: My headphone jack wont detect any headphones being plugged into it. Ive tried my headphones on other computers so i know these work. When i plug them in i get Line In Realtek audio coming up as an input device but the headphones wont show up in output devices. Please...
  6. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: I've updated every audio related driver I can find and searched for help for literal days and I can't find a solution that works. This issue started one morning for seemingly no reason. There was no windows update or anything unless it was just a background one and all of a...
  7. Headphone jack not detecting headphones

Headphone jack not detecting headphones: I know, you must be thinking: another one of these posts? But I swear, none of the other posts have helped me any way. After upgrading to windows 10, my headphone jack stopped working and wont detect my headphones. My microphone jack still works. I've tried multiple things...
  8. Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.

Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.: So I've been scattering around trying to find out why my headphones haven't been working. It seems the headphone jack has just suddenly stopped detecting headphones that are plugged in. The issue started on Friday and I've only just noticed that the problem is the jack....
  9. Audio jack not detecting headphones

in Cortana
    Audio jack not detecting headphones: So my headphones work fine i plugged them into my other pc and they worked. i've had this computer for about 4 months, it's never had this problem, i unplugged it to use in my other pc, but then when i plugged it back in it didn't show up as an audio device, i tried...
  10. Headphones Not Working Or Being Detected

Headphones Not Working Or Being Detected: Hello! I've been having some problems with my headset of late. Specifically, it's not being detected as an audio output device. I've done everything I've seen on other threads about this problem, including un- and re-installing the audio driver, but nothing seems to work....