Windows 10: Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic.

Discus and support Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a headset with a mic that I plug into a splitter the splitter has a headphone and mic jack that are plugged into their own specific slots. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MeatballJones, May 4, 2020.

1. Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic.

I have a headset with a mic that I plug into a splitter the splitter has a headphone and mic jack that are plugged into their own specific slots. They have been working fine for the past 6 months, up until as of this morning. Where only one of them function at a time. When I plug in the headphone port it works fine until I plug in the mic where I will get a notification that something has been unplugged from the headphone jack even though both jacks are plugged in. If I plug in the mic first and then the headphones I get the same unplugged audio jack notification except for the mic which then proceeds to not work. Please help I have online class today and I need the microphone and headphones working at the same time.

:)

MeatballJones, May 4, 2020

2. Combo headphone jack does not detect mic

So, I have a laptop with a single headphone jack, and it has the little symbol with both an headphone and a mic.
    I have bought a V-moda boom pro mic. The microphone is integrated in the cable, and the tip that goes in the jack has four "parts", as it should be. The headphones work just fine, the moment I plugged it in the sound came to my headphones, but the computer just keeps using the integrated mic instead of the one on the cable. I have checked the sound settings, nothing changes, neither in the Realtek manager.

The microphone came with a splitter, and i even tried plugging in only the mic part, but still nothing.

unfornatly, i don't have any other exterernal mic to test the jack with, and as far as I know, everything is updated

Pedro12071999, May 4, 2020
  3. Aman Win User
    Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

Aman, May 4, 2020
  4. Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic.

Wireless 3.5mm headphone/Mic jack

Im looking for something that I can plug a standard PC Headphone and Mic jack cable into from a headset and make it wireless. The Idea is that I would be able to plug the dongle into the PC's head/mic jack and have it powered by battery and the other dongle be battery powered and plug the headset into it. Make the system wireless cause I work at a call center and we are testing throat mics and they use 3.5mm jacks that go to a rj11 phone jack to the phone. I want to beable to go wireless with it too. Word Diagram:

Phone -> RJ11-x2 3.5mm jack -->wireless dongle - - - - - - - - - - - - ->wireless dongle --> Headset x2 3.5mm mic/speaker

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic.

1. Headphone Jack not working when I plug in mic. - Similar Threads - Headphone Jack working

2. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  3. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  4. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Rear mic jack and line in jack not working - windows 10 detects when mic is plugged in but...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rear mic jack and line in jack not working - windows 10 detects when mic is plugged in but...: Please help! My mic does not work when plugged into the rear mic jack or line in jack. The speakers plugged into the rear jack work fine - on the same group of ports as both the rear mic jack and line in jack.The same mic works fine when plugged into the front mic jack....
  6. Rear mic jack and line in jack not working - windows 10 detects when mic is plugged in but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rear mic jack and line in jack not working - windows 10 detects when mic is plugged in but...: Please help! My mic does not work when plugged into the rear mic jack or line in jack. The speakers plugged into the rear jack work fine - on the same group of ports as both the rear mic jack and line in jack.The same mic works fine when plugged into the front mic jack....
  7. Headphones not working when plugged into the rear jack.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones not working when plugged into the rear jack.: Hello there, recently I bought a headset and plugged it in the rear jack. It came with both audio and microphone jack. When I plugged it in the rear jack it would show that it's playing sound in the sound control panel, but there would be no sound coming from it. However,...
  8. Mic is only working when I plug headphones in!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic is only working when I plug headphones in!: Hi, The microphone on my work computer is only working, when I plug the headphones into the jack. They are normal headphone and do not have any type of voice input on them. I have tried troubleshooting, but no joy. The computer can detect the microphone, and the testing...
  9. Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack: Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing...
  10. Mic not working when headphones plugged in

Mic not working when headphones plugged in: When I don't have headphones in, my mic works just fine. But as soon as I plug in my headphones (into the ONLY headphone jack, mind you) the mic stops working and I can't get it to work anymore. I've tried updating drivers, manually downloading and installing drivers, etc....