Windows 10: Headphone mic not detected by realtek HD audio

Discus and support Headphone mic not detected by realtek HD audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay, so I've been working on this for roughly two hours, searching google as well as looking through the various settings, and I can't seem to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chaosagency, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Headphone mic not detected by realtek HD audio

Okay, so I've been working on this for roughly two hours, searching google as well as looking through the various settings, and I can't seem to find the problem. A few weeks ago, everything worked perfectly, clean and crisp sounds, the works. But today I decided to login and play with some friends and found that, while I had audio coming through the headphones, my mic wasn't working. I updated my audio drivers, on the Nvidia side as well as the realtek side, uninstalled, reinstalled, checked through the audio settings and all.

At this point I'm really not sure what to make of the issue but any help would be appreciated.
    64-bit Windows 10
    Nvidia GTX-960
    Intel Core i5-4670K

:)

chaosagency, Nov 20, 2019
  2. AndreTen Win User

Headphone mic not detected by realtek HD audio

Hi chaosagency! Welcome to Tenforums.

Try to unplug mic cable and plug it back. Drivers should ask what device a re you using. Try different connection, that works sometimes.

Check that you haven't muted the mic.. and what says the recording tab in sounds?

Headphone mic not detected by realtek HD audio [​IMG]

AndreTen, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Rich H567 Win User
    Realtek HD audio headphone jack

Realtek HD audio headphone jack not listed separately in device manager, headphones don't

Rich H567, Nov 20, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Realtek HD Audio not switching to Headphone settings

I would suspect the HD Audio connector from the front panel headphone/mic jack assembly. With the Realtek drivers and using the "HD Audio" connector for the front panel, it is supposed to auto detect and switch. With the generic, basic function, HD Audio drivers some of the auto detection is not there. Many cases have both a "HD Audio" and an "AC97" connector for the front panel headphone/mic assembly. If you are using AC97, switch to HD Audio (Preferred). If you are using HD Audio and have the AC97, switch to AC97 and see how it acts.

FWIW, I just built a new system with an ASUS ROG Z170 motherboard and an i7 6700K.

fireberd, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Headphone mic not detected by realtek HD audio - Similar Threads - Headphone mic detected

2. Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio: Ever since I've upgraded to windows 11, I've had problems with my headphones. Also to note, I've never used headphones that connect using a jack with my pc. I just upgraded to the Arctis Nova 1 and they work great on my mac. I plugged them into my pc and its stuck on mono...
  3. Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio: Ever since I've upgraded to windows 11, I've had problems with my headphones. Also to note, I've never used headphones that connect using a jack with my pc. I just upgraded to the Arctis Nova 1 and they work great on my mac. I plugged them into my pc and its stuck on mono...
  4. Realtek Audio Console not detecting headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Console not detecting headphones: I have been using an Acer Aspire 5 A515-52G Laptop for a couple of years now and have constantly been annoyed by Realtek Audio Console. On many occasions the connector retasking menu just doesn't work as shown in the image and I can't use my headphones even if they are...
  5. Realtek Audio Console not detecting headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Console not detecting headphones: I have been using an Acer Aspire 5 A515-52G Laptop for a couple of years now and have constantly been annoyed by Realtek Audio Console. On many occasions the connector retasking menu just doesn't work as shown in the image and I can't use my headphones even if they are...
  6. Realtek Audio Console not detecting headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Realtek HD Audio manager detect headphone but don't add it.

Realtek HD Audio manager detect headphone but don't add it.: Hi.when i plug in my audio output jack to my front panel case jack Realtek detect the device but don't add it.It goes like this step one : then I hit the next button and I select headphone but after that it gets like that How ever it works when it plug in audio input...
  8. Realtek HD audio not detecting headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek HD audio not detecting headset: I have Dell Inspiron 5570, i know there are many problems like this, but has anyone solve it. I tried methods in google and youtube. Realtek HD audio manager is not also opening. submitted by /u/S3cr3t1ng [link] [comments]...
  9. Realtek HD Audio not switching to Headphone settings

Realtek HD Audio not switching to Headphone settings: I'm running Windows 10 Pro v.1607 build 14393.447 on an Asus Z170-A motherboard with Realtek HD Audio ALC892. I have speakers connected to the rear of the motherboard, and headphones via the front panel port. A few weeks ago, the Realtek HD Audio Manager started behaving...
  10. Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers.

in Windows 10 Support
    Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers.: Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX ) - Windows 7 Help Forums I found this old thread but I couldn't get any help from it because my regedit index doesn't look the same as theirs. I don't have a "DevType_0888_SS147b1083" or "DevType_0885_SS18490890"...