Windows 10: Headphone mic not registering

Discus and support Headphone mic not registering in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently bought a gaming headset with a microphone. On the way back I used said headset with my phone and made a call, (Just verifying that it's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Txtspeak, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Txtspeak Win User

Headphone mic not registering

I recently bought a gaming headset with a microphone.

On the way back I used said headset with my phone and made a call, (Just verifying that it's not a hardware problem with the headset)
    When I attempted to use the headset with my laptop, nothing happened.

The audio playing registered, and I could hear the computer audio but it was as if the microphone just wasn't there.

My Laptop only has one headphone port, and the headphone icon has a little headset microphone attached to the side so I can only assume it's a hybrid port for a headset like this one.

I have attempted going into sound setting, devices, control panel devices.

None of them register the microphone.

:)

Txtspeak, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

How to use Logitech H51 headphone as the default mic?

Hi Michael,

Your laptop's default mic is the currently enabled device, preventing you from using your headphone's mic. To use your headphone's mic, you need to enable it. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• On the Sound properties (the current open windows of the screenshot that you gave), go to Recordings.
    • Right-click your headphone's mic.
    • Click Enable.

If you couldn't find your headphone's mic on the list, it must be hidden. To unhide it, right-click on your currently enabled mic and click
    Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Allan Mej, Sep 15, 2018
  3. headphone mic not working.

Thank you for this reply I finally figured it out , the main problem is when we install the Conexant audio driver it overwrite the previous Realtek audio driver so the headphone mic not work. to fix this you must reinstall the Realtek audio driver download
    from realtek.com it will work with any laptop device and any mic like headphone with inbuilt (eg. Microsoft Lumia 650 headphone).

Please give other this soluction who have problem with headphone and mic and tell then to install Realtak audio driver.

Again thank you for all your replies, I finally figured out the solution.

Hemantgehlot, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Headphone mic not registering

Headphone mic not working

I just bought Razer Kraken headphones. I can't speak through my mic but can hear. Any suggestions?

SamMedina1, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Headphone mic not registering

1. Headphone mic not registering - Similar Threads - Headphone mic registering

2. headphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphone mic: hello guys,I'm having a problem with my headphone microphone. i have window 11pro. The blue line on microphone does not move, i have update the audio driver, made headset and mic default device and even got a new headset. once i get on game to test my microphone with sound...
  3. Headphone with mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone with mic: I am trying to re-use an old headset phone called "Gembird"onto windows 11.But failing.Can you please help.Unsure of Topic so took a guess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-with-mic/ed3820b0-432b-4aef-be09-78edad48ab41
  4. Headphones/mics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones/mics: My mic system for my laptop is just not working and I don't know why. my mics used to work for my laptop but one day they stopped and i don't know why. I know its not the headphones because they work fine on my ps4 and Xbox. I also tried another pair but they didn't work...
  5. mic and headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic and headphones: i dont know why but my headphone and mic jack doesnt work when i plug it in it only has a option of line in , mic in , headphones in and i can only choose one even tho from the pc it shows me both mic and headphones can go in and i use a 3.5 mm jack and it should work with...
  6. Headphones not registering

Headphones not registering: Hi, I plugged in my skullcandy headphones and when I open up the playback settings, it shows it listed, but it says its not connected, even though it is. There is nothing wrong with my headphones, the mic and everything works fine on my phone. I went into the manage...
  7. Voice not registered through built in mic of headphone, but through somewhere within the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Voice not registered through built in mic of headphone, but through somewhere within the...: Note: Any help would be appreciated, I am willing to try out as many methods as possible WITHOUT the use of a splitter cable. So, as the title suggested, I am using a build in mic headset to record on Twitch, however, I realized that the sound is not going through the mic...
  8. Bluetooth headphones not registering as headphones

Bluetooth headphones not registering as headphones: I'm currently trying to connect my WH-XB900N stereo headset to my computer using bluetooth. I'm able to pair it without any problem, however, it doesn't register as headphones. Here is what it looks like in the Bluetooth menu: [ATTACH] I want to make it so that these...
  9. Headphone Mic

Headphone Mic: I have a Dell Vostro 14-3468 model with Windows 10 Education version installed. it has single jack for audio input and output. the audio output is working fine but the audio input is not working. I have tried many ways to fix it including uninstalling the audio drivers then...
  10. Mic not registering in windows

Mic not registering in windows: Hey guys, so i have a gaming headset that has a built in mic and sound is coming through the headset but is not picking up the mic. It normally works fine but not now for some reason. i go to sound settings and the only input device picked up is my built in mic on the laptop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not registering mic

2. mic in audio jack not registering

3. headset not registering mic windows

4. headphone mic not registering with pc,
  5. pc not registering mic in headphones,
  6. mic not registering windows,
  7. windows phone headphoens with mic,
  8. how to fix a mic not registering