Windows 10: Headphone mic not registering

Discus and support Headphone mic not registering in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently bought a gaming headset with a microphone. On the way back I used said headset with my phone and made a call, (Just verifying that it's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Txtspeak, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Txtspeak Win User

Headphone mic not registering

I recently bought a gaming headset with a microphone.

On the way back I used said headset with my phone and made a call, (Just verifying that it's not a hardware problem with the headset)
    When I attempted to use the headset with my laptop, nothing happened.

The audio playing registered, and I could hear the computer audio but it was as if the microphone just wasn't there.

My Laptop only has one headphone port, and the headphone icon has a little headset microphone attached to the side so I can only assume it's a hybrid port for a headset like this one.

I have attempted going into sound setting, devices, control panel devices.

None of them register the microphone.

:)

Txtspeak, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

How to use Logitech H51 headphone as the default mic?

Hi Michael,

Your laptop's default mic is the currently enabled device, preventing you from using your headphone's mic. To use your headphone's mic, you need to enable it. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• On the Sound properties (the current open windows of the screenshot that you gave), go to Recordings.
    • Right-click your headphone's mic.
    • Click Enable.

If you couldn't find your headphone's mic on the list, it must be hidden. To unhide it, right-click on your currently enabled mic and click
    Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Allan Mej, Sep 15, 2018
  3. headphone mic not working.

Thank you for this reply I finally figured it out , the main problem is when we install the Conexant audio driver it overwrite the previous Realtek audio driver so the headphone mic not work. to fix this you must reinstall the Realtek audio driver download
    from realtek.com it will work with any laptop device and any mic like headphone with inbuilt (eg. Microsoft Lumia 650 headphone).

Please give other this soluction who have problem with headphone and mic and tell then to install Realtak audio driver.

Again thank you for all your replies, I finally figured out the solution.

Hemantgehlot, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Headphone mic not registering

Headphone mic not working

I just bought Razer Kraken headphones. I can't speak through my mic but can hear. Any suggestions?

SamMedina1, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Headphone mic not registering

1. Headphone mic not registering - Similar Threads - Headphone mic registering

2. USB Headphone / Mic is not recognized

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Headphone / Mic is not recognized: Hi there. I recently upgraded to a new PC. The Beeexellent USB Headphone and Mic headset I have been using for a while on my last computer is not being recognized when I plug it in. The computer cannot even see it, no matter which USB port I plug it into. None of the "fixes"...
  3. Headphone Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone Mic: I have a Dell Vostro 14-3468 model with Windows 10 Education version installed. it has single jack for audio input and output. the audio output is working fine but the audio input is not working. I have tried many ways to fix it including uninstalling the audio drivers then...
  4. PC not recognizing Headphone Mic

PC not recognizing Headphone Mic: Hi all; recently my computer had a Windows 10 update, and now my PC won't recognize my headphone mic. Previously, I had no issues with it on this PC; I would plug it in the headphones jack and be able to set it up. Now, however, I can either plug it in the headphones jack...
  5. Mic not registering in windows

Mic not registering in windows: Hey guys, so i have a gaming headset that has a built in mic and sound is coming through the headset but is not picking up the mic. It normally works fine but not now for some reason. i go to sound settings and the only input device picked up is my built in mic on the laptop....
  6. Headphones mic not working

Headphones mic not working: So i just got a new laptop dell g3 15 and my microphone does not work i checked device manager sound,video and games controller and my mic wasn't there...Headphones work good and everything ,the first day mic worked fine and then it disappeared,so now i only can use my...
  7. Headphones don't register in jack

Headphones don't register in jack: I have seached wide and for for weeks now on how to fix my headphone jack, I've tried through realtek and sounds. I've asked reddit and everywhere else i could imagine. this is my last hope. I plug in the headphones and it acts like it isn't there. no noise, no notification,...
  8. Inline mic of headphones not working

Inline mic of headphones not working: Hello, I have I5 6402p processor and 8gb ddr4 2133mhz ram and motherboard Gigabyte GA H110m DS2 CF. My headphones work fine on the pc but the inline microphone does not work with the pc due to some reason. Earlier I had USB headphones with mic and they worked fine with the...
  9. Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.

Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.: There are LOTS of these threads that are locked with no answer. It's very frustrating that there ins't a way to toggle windows to use the combo speaker or headset mic combo jack as a mic only when it's not detected automatically and only a mic is plugged in! Windows...
  10. Mic not working when headphones plugged in

Mic not working when headphones plugged in: When I don't have headphones in, my mic works just fine. But as soon as I plug in my headphones (into the ONLY headphone jack, mind you) the mic stops working and I can't get it to work anymore. I've tried updating drivers, manually downloading and installing drivers, etc....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not registering mic

2. mic in audio jack not registering

3. headset not registering mic windows

4. headphone mic not registering with pc,
  5. pc not registering mic in headphones,
  6. mic not registering windows,
  7. windows phone headphoens with mic,
  8. how to fix a mic not registering