Windows 10: Headphone Mic not working

Discus and support Headphone Mic not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My headphone mic is not working. I've literally tried everything. I have checked privacy settings. I have check all sound properties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlishaShaw, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Headphone Mic not working

Hello,

My headphone mic is not working.

I've literally tried everything.

I have checked privacy settings.

I have check all sound properties the mic is working and coming up on the levels with green bars but anytime im on chat or the xbox game bar it doesnt register.

I have even checked the input and output of the mic in the xbox game chat

Please help

:)

AlishaShaw, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Headphone Mic not working

headphone mic not working.

Thank you for this reply I finally figured it out , the main problem is when we install the Conexant audio driver it overwrite the previous Realtek audio driver so the headphone mic not work. to fix this you must reinstall the Realtek audio driver download
    from realtek.com it will work with any laptop device and any mic like headphone with inbuilt (eg. Microsoft Lumia 650 headphone).

Please give other this soluction who have problem with headphone and mic and tell then to install Realtak audio driver.

Again thank you for all your replies, I finally figured out the solution.

Hemantgehlot, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Headphone Mic not working

1. Headphone Mic not working - Similar Threads - Headphone Mic working

2. Mic of headphone is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic of headphone is not working: Hi!I just got my new pc and now when i try to connect my headset with new pc the headset is not being detecting by the computer. I can hear things from computer which means headphone is working but mic is not working. I tried connect my headset with other devices its working...
  3. Mic of headphone is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic of headphone is not working: Hi!I just got my new pc and now when i try to connect my headset with new pc the headset is not being detecting by the computer. I can hear things from computer which means headphone is working but mic is not working. I tried connect my headset with other devices its working...
  4. Mic of headphone is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphone Mic not working.

Headphone Mic not working.: I have a wireless headset, its mic work when it's connected to Bluetooth but when I use the aux cable the aux has only 2 rings to use the headset the microphone doesn't work. So, tried the headphone on a phone with aux and the mic works. How to solve this problem?...
  6. Headphone Mic Not Working!

Headphone Mic Not Working!: For some reason, my laptop, Dell Latitude 3480, will NOT use the headphone/earbud mic, it always uses the integrated mic, ive tried everything updated drivers, set default mic, etc please help. Edit: only bluetooth mics work since they appear in the recording section of...
  7. Headphones with mic not working

Headphones with mic not working: Hi, I'm having a problem with my headphones that have a mic on them, the mic does not work. The headphones also show up as headphones instead of headset which I'm assuming is the problem. Anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  8. headphone mic is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    headphone mic is not working: I connected my headphones to the PC using USB cable. But the mic is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-mic-is-not-working/b2c51428-d9f6-4595-b7de-edf3e8d05c64
  9. Headphone mic not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphone mic not working.: I got a PC compatible headphone, driver is realtek(updated). When I connect headphone a message popa up and I select headphone now the sound output is ok but my headphone's mic is not working also not even showing in Sound control panel. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  10. Headphones mic not working

Headphones mic not working: So i just got a new laptop dell g3 15 and my microphone does not work i checked device manager sound,video and games controller and my mic wasn't there...Headphones work good and everything ,the first day mic worked fine and then it disappeared,so now i only can use my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jack mic not plugged in windows 10