Windows 10: Headphone microphone does not work

Discus and support Headphone microphone does not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought a laptop. Whenever I plug in my headphones, I can hear well, but I can't speak. Looking at the sound control panel, my headset has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LindaGray7, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Headphone microphone does not work

I recently bought a laptop. Whenever I plug in my headphones, I can hear well, but I can't speak. Looking at the sound control panel, my headset has a speaker icon. Clicking on the recording tab in the sound control panel, I don't even see my headphones there. I do not know what happens, but I know that it is not my headset because it works well on mobile. Please help! Thanks!

:)

LindaGray7, Dec 5, 2021
  2. Salvyar Win User

Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable
    Headphone microphone does not work [​IMG]

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Dec 5, 2021
  3. sergO3 Win User
    Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

ed.

sergO3, Dec 5, 2021
  4. Headphone microphone does not work

Headphones microphone is not working properly on Windows 10.

Hello Oscar,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, did you check if similar issue persists on connecting another headphones to the PC?

You may be facing the above issue due to disabling the microphone option on your PC. If the option to use microphone is switched
    Off, your microphone will not be getting detected and eventually will not be able to complete the setup wizard on the PC. The above issue may also occur due to the non-updated headphone drivers installed in the PC.

Method 1: Follow the steps below to check if the option to use microphone is enabled on your PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Microphone privacy settings and select the top most search result.

• Check if Let apps use my microphone option is switched to
      On status. If not, slide the bar to On status and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: Check if similar issue persists on connecting another headphones to the computer. If the headphone works fine on other PC’s,
    update the headphone drivers manually from Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.

• Right-click on the headphone driver and select
      Update this software option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.

• Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the issue persists, download and install the latest and most compatible driver from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

Headphone microphone does not work

1. Headphone microphone does not work - Similar Threads - Headphone microphone does

2. Headphone microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone microphone not working: hi,I use BT neckband for my pc the audio works fine but microphone doesn't work it show headset in sounds pannel and under controller information it shows "hands free AG audio" when i tap or make some sound near mic it doesn't work, I have tried many things still doesn't...
  3. Headphone microphone not working.

Headphone microphone not working.: I have Beats Studio 3 Headphones which work with either Bluetooth or wired. When I have it wired into my pc, the audio sounds fine but I can't use the built in mic my headphones have. If I connect the headphones through Bluetooth, the mic works but both the audio and mic...
  4. Headphones microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones microphone not working: Hello, lately I ran into this problem where the headset microphone doesn't show up in the input section, because it would only show the default microphone of my laptop, microphone array. I tried to buy a splitter but it still won't work....
  5. Headphone microphone does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone microphone does not work: I recently bought a laptop. Whenever I plug in my headphones, I can hear well, but I can't speak. Looking at the sound control panel, my headset has a speaker icon. Clicking on the recording tab in the sound control panel, I don't even see my headphones there. I do not know...
  6. Headphone microphone does not work

Headphone microphone does not work: I recently bought a laptop. Whenever I plug in my headphones, I can hear well, but I can't speak. Looking at the sound control panel, my headset has a speaker icon. Clicking on the recording tab in the sound control panel, I don't even see my headphones there. I do not know...
  7. Headphone audio works, but microphone does not

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone audio works, but microphone does not: I tried looking for a solution for myself but there seems to be many strange aspects which prevent me from following instructions that are commonly suggested.I have tried solving this problem with two headphones but I get the same problem with both of them.Firstly, the...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones - Microphone does not work

Bluetooth Headphones - Microphone does not work: Hello all, I have a very strange problem with my Bluetooth headphones Bluedio Turbine T2 Plus - https://www.amazon.com/Bluedio-Turbine-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00Q30A1RI . They connect by Bluetooth with my laptop - Audio, Voice connected - correctly, Microsoft...
  9. Headphone's microphone not working

Headphone's microphone not working: My laptop doesn't detect my headphone as it doesn't show up on connected devices, I can hear sounds through it but others can't hear me. I have tried another pair of earphones but the problem persists....
  10. Headphone microphone not working.

Headphone microphone not working.: So, here iam im sorry im not good in english but ill try to explain as well as possible. I have this new headphone for over a year it has nice sound and has a microphone that is in the cable (look just normal). But i have a realtek HD audiodriver and it automaticly pops up...