Windows 10: Headphone microphone no longer recognized after upgrading windows to 17134

Discus and support Headphone microphone no longer recognized after upgrading windows to 17134 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I plug-in headphones into the front panel jack of my PC - only the speakers are switched to the headphone unit. The microphone that is being used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dancol, Jun 14, 2019.

1. dancol Win User

Headphone microphone no longer recognized after upgrading windows to 17134

When I plug-in headphones into the front panel jack of my PC - only the speakers are switched to the headphone unit. The microphone that is being used is still the built-in PC one. Previously when I plugged headphones I was getting Realtek panel/sound notification that "headphones" were plugged in. Now I am only receiving "a device was plugged in".

I am on Window10 Pro 17134. Using Aspire Z3-605. I had this PC with Win10 for the last 4+ years and always used headphones, daily. After upgrading this week it took me a while to connect the dots between people complaining about my sound on Voip calls and the fact that the built-in Mic is being used.

The Realtek HD Audio Manager (came with Win10?) has an option to combine all input into single item, or separate them. The standard state is "combine". The device is supposed to automatically disable built-in speakers and microphone when headphones are plugged in at front, or separate speakers/microphone in the back.

When I select to separate the devices - I can see each Microphone (back,front,built-in) and its state "plugged/not plugged". Then after plugging in the headphones I can see that the microphone continues to show "unplugged" on the front. On the back - it shows plugged for same headphones/mics.

There are no new drivers for this device. There is nothing disabled or red-marked in Device manager. As a test I uninstalled all related devices and rebooted PC. It re-detected all the same devices and the microphone issue did not go away.

This is not a "privacy make microphone available to apps" situation. Something in 17134 update made the change so that the combined headphone jack on PC no longer detects the microphone.

I guess I can downgrade to prior windows version to check if it starts working, any other thoughts or suggestions?

:)

dancol, Jun 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 not recognizing headphones in front panel jack

Hello, I just upgraded my windows 8 to 10 as well and have the same issue. I already followed all the steps to update the software and it did not correct the issue. The computer no longer recognizes headphones or microphones.

Asereht8699, Jun 14, 2019
  3. SupaCrow Win User
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    Headphone microphone no longer recognized after upgrading windows to 17134 [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Headphone microphone no longer recognized after upgrading windows to 17134

Headphone and Mic no longer work after Win10 upgrade

Hello

I have problem with my microphone

I have VIA HD audio card on motherboard , after upgrading to windows 10 my microphone stopped working

speakers of headphone were working ( means I can hear sound using headphone) but microphone does not work I have changed headphone but no success

Please help me I tried all the solutions and suggestions

thanks

B.Sharma

BhupendrakumarSharma, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Headphone microphone no longer recognized after upgrading windows to 17134

1. Headphone microphone no longer recognized after upgrading windows to 17134 - Similar Threads - Headphone microphone longer

2. Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE: so recently i bought my bm 800 mic and i plugged it in then it appeared as a headphone and i tried every thing on youtube it still didnt work so if anyone knows how to make the system recognise the mic as a mic please dont hesitate and help asap....
  3. Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE: so recently i bought my bm 800 mic and i plugged it in then it appeared as a headphone and i tried every thing on youtube it still didnt work so if anyone knows how to make the system recognise the mic as a mic please dont hesitate and help asap....
  4. Windows 11 Recognizing headphones but not microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Recognizing headphones but not microphone: I'm using Windows 11 on a laptop. I have a Turtle Beach Recon 200 Gen 2, which are of course, headphones and they have a microphone on them. They use a headphone jack. I want to use the microphone in gaming, but it isn't showing up anywhere and won't work when I try playing...
  5. Microphone is no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is no longer recognized: Hello, i've been facing a problem, that occured randomly. I've used external microphone and everything worked fine, but few days ago Windows collapsed the recognition of microphone, and ever since when i plug it in, it thinks that this are speakers, so sound shuts down. I've...
  6. Microphone is no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is no longer recognized: Hello, i've been facing a problem, that occured randomly. I've used external microphone and everything worked fine, but few days ago Windows collapsed the recognition of microphone, and ever since when i plug it in, it thinks that this are speakers, so sound shuts down. I've...
  7. Microphone is no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Headphones Recognized as Microphone

Headphones Recognized as Microphone: Today when I plugged in my ear buds, a menu popped up: "which device did you plug in? Microphone, Headphones, etc." I accidently clicked Microphone, didn't realize it, and checked "don't show this again" and Done. Now, the device only shows up as a microphone no audio output....
  9. Headphones are no longer recognized (PC)?

Headphones are no longer recognized (PC)?: Hi, so today at about 14 o'clock I noticed that my headphones are not connected (they were of course not recognized), of course I did the usual crap reinstall drivers, restart the computer etc. and it was still not possible to use the headsets on other devices.I have today n...
  10. Microphone being recognized as headphones

Microphone being recognized as headphones: I am using a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series 2-in-1 laptop. I do not have Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have tried getting it, but it wouldn't run. I plugged my 4 pin microphone into the combined headphones/mic port. The mic, however, is being recognized as "Headphones" in the...