Windows 10: Headphone microphone not working.

Discus and support Headphone microphone not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, here iam im sorry im not good in english but ill try to explain as well as possible. I have this new headphone for over a year it has nice sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Salvyar, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Salvyar Win User

Headphone microphone not working.

So, here iam im sorry im not good in english but ill try to explain as well as possible. I have this new headphone for over a year it has nice sound and has a microphone that is in the cable (look just normal). But i have a realtek HD audiodriver and it automaticly pops up everytime i put my headphone in my computer. The microphone cable and audio cable and in ONE cable and when i put it in my front jack (front of computer) the realtek audio driver comes up and i need to select which one i want the: ''Line in'' Mic in'' Headphone'' front speaker out'' Rear speaker out'' center/subwoofer speaker out'' i use the headphone to just listen to sound but when i do that the mic disables i think. Cuz when i use the ''Mic in'' and go to a testing website it seems to just function properly and so here iam. Ive searched everywhere for a solution but just can't find out hope someone can help me here! And i can't create 2 tabs in the pgrogram so 1 for mic and 1 for sound *Sad((.

:)

Salvyar, Mar 2, 2018
  2. woopepos Win User

Earphones with mic as Microphone Dell xps 8500

Hello,

I was wondering how to use my headphones as a microphone on this computer. To clarify, they are regular headphones with a mic attached called symphonized NRG headphones. The mic works on my laptop which only has one audio jack. However, the dell xps 3500
    has two, one for audio and one for microphone. When I plug it into audio, sound plays from the headphones, but it will not work as a microphone. When plugged into microphone, it recognizes that something is plugged in, but the microphone will not work. I
    have windows 10 installed.

woopepos, Mar 2, 2018
  3. Associate a pair of headphones with a microphone

I have a pair of headphones with a microphone built in.

Now, my computer has 2 3.5 mm jacks, so I plugged mine into the first one (labeled without microphone). When I did that, the microphone was not recognized. So, I moved my jack to the second port. When I did that, my computer said that the headphones were
    unplugged. But the microphone worked. When I moved the jack again, the computer said that my microphone was unplugged and my headphones worked. How do I make it so that I can use both my headphones and the built in microphone at the same time?

Ptolemy2002, Mar 2, 2018
  4. Headphone microphone not working.

Hi Salvyar. Welcome to the TenForums @Salvyar

For what ever reason your Headset is not being detected as a Headset. Headphones are speakers. You are not being presented with an option for Headset, you are being offered speakers (Headphones) or MIC.

Is this headset Windows 10 compatible?

I see a gear in your upper left, is there anything within it to select a Headset? Same question with the wrench lower right.

Gear
    Headphone microphone not working. [​IMG]
    Wrench

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 5, 2018
  5. Helmut Win User
    Your headset may have a Combo plug (4 contacts) on it rather than 2 plugs with 3 contacts i.e. 1 for speakers and one for Mic.
    Some come with a Combo/2 plugs adapter.

If you plug a headset with Combo plug into just a Speaker socket the mic is shorted and won't work. You have to use an adapter (Combo > 2 plugs) to separate the Mic.

Helmut, Mar 5, 2018
  6. I believe OP posted that his Mic works fine when he selects Mic In.

Caledon Ken, Mar 5, 2018
  7. Helmut Win User
    The post is very unclear about what hardware is involved, both on the back panel and the front panel.
    Also the Headset itself again very unclear.

I always start with hardware basics then work upwards to software configurations.

Helmut, Mar 5, 2018
  8. Salvyar Win User

no plugged in cable

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Mar 6, 2018
  9. As this is a desktop, I think from Specs, is your port a combo port, that is headphones and Mic or do you have to ports, each with its own purpose.

What is the make model of computer and if custom built what is make model of case?

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Headphone microphone not working. - Similar Threads - Headphone microphone working

2. Headphone microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone microphone not working: hi,I use BT neckband for my pc the audio works fine but microphone doesn't work it show headset in sounds pannel and under controller information it shows "hands free AG audio" when i tap or make some sound near mic it doesn't work, I have tried many things still doesn't...
  3. Headphone microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone microphone not working: hi,I use BT neckband for my pc the audio works fine but microphone doesn't work it show headset in sounds pannel and under controller information it shows "hands free AG audio" when i tap or make some sound near mic it doesn't work, I have tried many things still doesn't...
  4. Headphone microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphone microphone not working.

Headphone microphone not working.: I have Beats Studio 3 Headphones which work with either Bluetooth or wired. When I have it wired into my pc, the audio sounds fine but I can't use the built in mic my headphones have. If I connect the headphones through Bluetooth, the mic works but both the audio and mic...
  6. Headphone microphone not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone microphone not working.: I have Beats Studio 3 Headphones which work with either Bluetooth or wired. When I have it wired into my pc, the audio sounds fine but I can't use the built in mic my headphones have. If I connect the headphones through Bluetooth, the mic works but both the audio and mic...
  7. Headphones microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones microphone not working: Hello, lately I ran into this problem where the headset microphone doesn't show up in the input section, because it would only show the default microphone of my laptop, microphone array. I tried to buy a splitter but it still won't work....
  8. Headphones microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones microphone not working: Hello, lately I ran into this problem where the headset microphone doesn't show up in the input section, because it would only show the default microphone of my laptop, microphone array. I tried to buy a splitter but it still won't work....
  9. Headphones Microphone not Working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones Microphone not Working.: Hello, I do not know if it is allowed to ask a question here but it most likely is. I have a question for people who have good experience in windows 10 and windows 10 settings. I have a headset with 1 output port for both microphone and audio. It has been months and I only...
  10. Headphone's microphone not working

Headphone's microphone not working: My laptop doesn't detect my headphone as it doesn't show up on connected devices, I can hear sounds through it but others can't hear me. I have tried another pair of earphones but the problem persists....