Windows 10: Headphone/ Output issues

Discus and support Headphone/ Output issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with my device whereby when I plug in my Sennheiser headphones into the headphone jack, it recognizes it as an extension to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sentinel28, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Headphone/ Output issues

Hi,

I have a problem with my device whereby when I plug in my Sennheiser headphones into the headphone jack, it recognizes it as an extension to the speaker and it plays everything through my headphones however the playback device is my speaker. But when I plug in my Arctis 5 headset throught USB it has a separate playback device inserted as picture. Due to this I don't think I'm getting complete audio experience that my Sennheiser is capable of. Can someone help me out?

Headphone/ Output issues 0b25831f-b9e9-4d45-8669-7b67f3c58c72?upload=true.png

:)

Sentinel28, Dec 7, 2020

2. Headphones jack only outputting mono after dolby access install

Hi,

The headphones issue that you encountered after installing the audio program can be related to a possible licensing issue. The software that you're using offers an in-app purchase and it's best to contact the developer for further support. On the other hand,
    we suggest that you use Windows Sonic as an alternative for the audio output by following the steps below:

• Right click on the speaker icon located on the notification area.
    • Select Spatial sound.
    • Under the Spatial sound tab, select Windows Sonic for Headphones
      from the drop-down list.
    • Click OK.
    • Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Headphones, microphone issue.

Hi Alise,

This issue may be due to driver compatibility. We'd like to ask additional information to better assist you. Please answer the following:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this?
    • Have you tried using a different headphone to isolate the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you set the headphone as the default device on your computer. Here's how:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound.
    • Choose Headphones and click Set default button at the bottom.
    • In some cases, there is no headphone option alone, but Speakers/Headphone. If that’s the case, select that and click
      Set default button at the bottom.
    • Press OK.

If the issue persists, then you can update your driver by following the steps
    here

Feel free to respond if the provided steps work for you.

Joan Pin, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Headphone/ Output issues

Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

Headphone/ Output issues

1. Headphone/ Output issues - Similar Threads - Headphone Output issues

2. Bluetooth Headphones Connect but no headphones output Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Connect but no headphones output Device: I am using Windows 11 on my Asus Notebook. I connect my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones via bluetooth they connect,However I do not have any headphones output device.Heaphones work fine on all other devices. Have been working fine untill now on laptop however I did notice it took...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones Connect but no headphones output Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones Connect but no headphones output Device: I am using Windows 11 on my Asus Notebook. I connect my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones via bluetooth they connect,However I do not have any headphones output device.Heaphones work fine on all other devices. Have been working fine untill now on laptop however I did notice it took...
  4. Headphone input and output are not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone input and output are not working?: Plugging my headphones in to my pc no longer works and I am unsure on what to do. I am plugging them in, and selecting the Headphones and Mic In option when the pop-up on the bottom right shows, but the headphones are not working. When I go to the sound settings all it says...
  5. Headphone input and output are not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone input and output are not working?: Plugging my headphones in to my pc no longer works and I am unsure on what to do. I am plugging them in, and selecting the Headphones and Mic In option when the pop-up on the bottom right shows, but the headphones are not working. When I go to the sound settings all it says...
  6. Headphones refuse to output in stereo.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones refuse to output in stereo.: A while ago, I switched computers. When I switched over, the first thing I noticed with the new one was that my headphones didn't seem to work. I tried 2 other pairs and it still didn't work. In a last effort, I panned the audio all the way to the left, and that fixed it. The...
  7. Headphone Output Not Reliable

Headphone Output Not Reliable: I suspect this is a Windows issue, not something specific to my Lenovo laptop: When I plug external speakers into the headphone jack on my Lenovo P1 Gen 2 laptop running Windows 10 Pro 1909, sometimes they work, but usually the sound keeps playing through the internal...
  8. Headphones only outputting audio in mono

Headphones only outputting audio in mono: Hello, I'd like to play Stereo audio when my headphones are plugged in to my 3.5mm audio port, but they are only outputting in Mono. Stereo works when using them through Bluetooth, but I often use them wired and would like them to play Stereo properly that way as well....
  9. Headphones output device is not plugged in

Headphones output device is not plugged in: Hello! Today I found myself in the following situation: I I did some gaming on my desktop PC with headphones plugged in to front panel. Afterwards I unplugged them to use them with another device and left the PC running. When I returned and plugged in headphones again, they...
  10. Audio output issues with Headphone jack on Rode Podcaster, Windows 10.

Audio output issues with Headphone jack on Rode Podcaster, Windows 10.: Hi the problem i have is that the headphone jack on my rode podcaster dont play any sound from the computer. this is what i have tired to do to fix it I set it to default in the playback options and dissabld my normal sound card restared pc and still no sound when you right...