Windows 10: Headphone Output Usually Fails STILL!

Discus and support Headphone Output Usually Fails STILL! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; PLEASE somebody take a look at the locked thread of similar name at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JCW2, Oct 24, 2020.

1. JCW2 Win User

Headphone Output Usually Fails STILL!

PLEASE somebody take a look at the locked thread of similar name at

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/headphone-output-not-reliable/4127fd42-a12b-4c84-93a2-c997d61acd8a?tm=1590776777451https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/play-digital-audio-over-usb/c5b5b28e-d69a-47bf-aa05-15091a0447e9?tm=1589658144016

and give me some feedback. Why is it necessary to restart with the phones plugged almost always in order to get them to work? There must be a better way!

Lenovo has disowned this problem and asserted it is a deficiency in Windows 10. That's why I'm still here! -- JCW2

:)

2. Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Headphones jack only outputting mono after dolby access install

Hi,

The headphones issue that you encountered after installing the audio program can be related to a possible licensing issue. The software that you're using offers an in-app purchase and it's best to contact the developer for further support. On the other hand,
    we suggest that you use Windows Sonic as an alternative for the audio output by following the steps below:

• Right click on the speaker icon located on the notification area.
    • Select Spatial sound.
    • Under the Spatial sound tab, select Windows Sonic for Headphones
      from the drop-down list.
    • Click OK.
    • Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Oct 24, 2020
  4. JCW2 Win User

Headphone Output Often Fails

I suspect this is a Windows issue, not something specific to my Lenovo laptop: When I plug external speakers into the headphone jack on my Lenovo P1 Gen 2 laptop running Windows 10 Pro (1909), sometimes they work,
    but usually the sound keeps playing through the internal speakers. This happens even thought "Settings/Sound/Output/Choose your output device" always changes automatically to from "Speakers (Synaptics Audio)" to "Headphones (Synaptics Audio)."

I've tried re-installing the latest Synaptics audio driver from the Lenovo drivers site with no improvement. The only thing that reliably forces the computer to switch to playing through the external speakers is to Restart
    the computer while they are plugged in; but obviously this is disruptive, and if I unplug the external speakers and later plug them back in, they usually don't work again!

Anybody else seen this problem? Any solutions? --

Thema:

1. Headphone Output Usually Fails STILL! - Similar Threads - Headphone Output Usually

2. Bluetooth Headphones Connect but no headphones output Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Connect but no headphones output Device: I am using Windows 11 on my Asus Notebook. I connect my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones via bluetooth they connect,However I do not have any headphones output device.Heaphones work fine on all other devices. Have been working fine untill now on laptop however I did notice it took...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones Connect but no headphones output Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones Connect but no headphones output Device: I am using Windows 11 on my Asus Notebook. I connect my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones via bluetooth they connect,However I do not have any headphones output device.Heaphones work fine on all other devices. Have been working fine untill now on laptop however I did notice it took...
  4. Headphone input and output are not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone input and output are not working?: Plugging my headphones in to my pc no longer works and I am unsure on what to do. I am plugging them in, and selecting the Headphones and Mic In option when the pop-up on the bottom right shows, but the headphones are not working. When I go to the sound settings all it says...
  5. Headphone input and output are not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone input and output are not working?: Plugging my headphones in to my pc no longer works and I am unsure on what to do. I am plugging them in, and selecting the Headphones and Mic In option when the pop-up on the bottom right shows, but the headphones are not working. When I go to the sound settings all it says...
  6. STILL UNSOLVED - Problem with audio input and output - headphones and Realtek audio console

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STILL UNSOLVED - Problem with audio input and output - headphones and Realtek audio console: Hi, I am in need of help with audio problems, I have a steelseries headset that plugs into my laptop. Whenever I use it there is no change in input or output there is only Realtek. I can hear sound through the headphones but cannot talk through the mic. I believe it to be a...
  7. Headphone Output Usually Fails STILL!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone Output Usually Fails STILL!!: Yet another locked thread on this topic with no useful response at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/headphone-output-usually-fails-still/b9cb0562-d5e7-4e07-8dd0-6c32c1dba367?tm=1603565533180. When will Microsoft offer a real as...
  8. Headphone/ Output issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone/ Output issues: Hi, I have a problem with my device whereby when I plug in my Sennheiser headphones into the headphone jack, it recognizes it as an extension to the speaker and it plays everything through my headphones however the playback device is my speaker. But when I plug in my Arctis...
  9. Headphone Output Not Reliable

Headphone Output Not Reliable: I suspect this is a Windows issue, not something specific to my Lenovo laptop: When I plug external speakers into the headphone jack on my Lenovo P1 Gen 2 laptop running Windows 10 Pro 1909, sometimes they work, but usually the sound keeps playing through the internal...
  10. Headphones output device is not plugged in

Headphones output device is not plugged in: Hello! Today I found myself in the following situation: I I did some gaming on my desktop PC with headphones plugged in to front panel. Afterwards I unplugged them to use them with another device and left the PC running. When I returned and plugged in headphones again, they...