Windows 10: Headphone picks up sound but microphone is not recognised

Discus and support Headphone picks up sound but microphone is not recognised in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had this problem for a while now and I have already done all the recommended fixes like checking if it is disabled, updating and uninstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by azariakid, Jan 14, 2021.

1. azariakid Win User

Headphone picks up sound but microphone is not recognised

I've had this problem for a while now and I have already done all the recommended fixes like checking if it is disabled, updating and uninstalling sound drivers and going into microphone privacy settings. I have no idea what to do now as I have gone through so many help forums and videos and they all give the same advice which is not working for me. For info my laptop is a Dell G3

:)

azariakid, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Arcadian Win User

Microphone still unable to pick up sound from Dragon Speech

Not a techie at all sorry but follow your general drift which is interesting. I've now got a mike input (USB Pro Sound) but how do you make the connection to the headphone output as there's two separate wires ?

Arcadian, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Microphone only picks up audio from headphones?

I currently have a pair of razer kraken pro v2's which are plugged into my computer via a headphone splitter. My computer detects my headphones just fine (audio working and all), but when it comes to using the microphone it doesn't seem to pick up my voice at all and only picks up audio coming out through the headphones.

(EDIT): My microphone can now pick up my voice, but it still picks up sounds from my computer. Any way to fix this this?

robloxfunny, Jan 14, 2021
  4. sebnev Win User

Microphone picks up headphone audio.

I've had this problem with 2 different types of headsets where the sound coming to my headphones can also be heard through my mic. It's not that the headphones leak the sound since the mic still picks up sound even if I scroll down the headphone audio
    to the lowest with the volume wheel. There has to be some setting in windows 10 or some problem with windows 10 that makes it think the headphone sound is part of the microphone's recorded sound.

sebnev, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Headphone picks up sound but microphone is not recognised - Similar Threads - Headphone picks sound

2. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone picking up headphones sounds: My microphone keeps picking up audio from my headphones i tried everything, going to control panel then sound and those things and tried to downgrade the version of my drivers nothing works i sat here for like 2 hours trying to look up tutorials on youtube and nothing works....
  3. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up headphones sounds: My microphone keeps picking up audio from my headphones i tried everything, going to control panel then sound and those things and tried to downgrade the version of my drivers nothing works i sat here for like 2 hours trying to look up tutorials on youtube and nothing works....
  4. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My microphone picks up no sound!

My microphone picks up no sound!: To top it off when I right click the volume in the taskbar there is no recording devices present. My microphone is part of a web-cam or a blue-tooth headphone with microphone, I have two recording devices....
  6. microphone picking up speaker's sound.

microphone picking up speaker's sound.: How do I stop my microphone from picking up my speaker's sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-picking-up-speakers-sound/ff8e2c05-6af0-4b7f-80a4-bb32b73bb741
  7. Microphone detected but not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected but not picking up sound: My microphone and stereo's stopped working after a bunch of driver updates on my earlier windows install. I figured that hey, since I need to fresh install anyway again, I won't bother digging deeper into what could've caused it and just plain simply reinstalled windows. Now...
  8. Microphone picking up sound from headphones.

Microphone picking up sound from headphones.: I have checked on discord and windows voice recorder. My microphone seems to be picking up sound from games and Youtube. I have tried with different headphones and used a different headphone splitter. So I've narrowed it down to problems with the software. I am using Realtek...
  9. Microphone picks up output sound

Microphone picks up output sound: For some reason, my headphone microphone keeps picking up the sound played through my computer. So, for example, when I'm watching a YouTube video while in a Discord call, everyone in the call will be able to hear the audio from the video. I've got no idea why this is...
  10. Microphone picks up computer sound

Microphone picks up computer sound: I have recently had a problem where my microphone will take output sounds of my computer such as music or videos and games even when my microphone is not turned on. This seemed to be happening ever since I got my headphones plugged in as I recently built a new computer and...