Windows 10: Headphone problems

Discus and support Headphone problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't get either of my headsets to work correctly on either computer. I can hear audio through them, but the microphone is not working on either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeorgeKlink, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Headphone problems

I can't get either of my headsets to work correctly on either computer. I can hear audio through them, but the microphone is not working on either computer. To make this easier for anyone that helps I'll list my specs for both computers and refer to them as Comp 1 and Comp 2

Comp 1

Intel i9 7900x @3.30ghz

MSI x299 Board

16GB ram

Comp 2

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2920x @3.5ghz

MSI x399

16 GB ram

Originally comp 2 had headset working just fine. Bought a headset for comp 1 and couldn't get headphones to work. So tried swapping headphones, still didn't work. Tried basic control panel sound option changes on comp 1 and couldn't get them to work, while doing so I was doing the same with computer 2, can't get headset to work on comp 2 now either. I've tried updating and reinstalling drivers. Any ideas?

Sincerely,

an annoyed noob

:)

GeorgeKlink, Oct 26, 2019

2. [WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Earphone/Headphone Problem

Hello Debapratim,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share these details.

• Have you made any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• What is the make and model of the head phone?

• Is the issue specific to this head phone?

I suggest you to Sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the Admin account or the MSA to test if that helps with this issue.

Also install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to follow the below given methods and check it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to refer the suggestions from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab06

For headphone issues

I would suggest you to set headphone as default device and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

a) Right Click on the sound icon
    at the bottom left corner at the taskbar.

b) Click on Playback devices.

c) Check if you are able to find the iconheadphone in the list of connected playback devices.

d) If yes, clickon the icon and then click on
    Set default option

e) Click on Apply and then onOK.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on“Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select
    “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option:
    “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the
    restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 26, 2019
  4. caperjack Win User

Headphone problems

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Headphone problems

1. Headphone problems - Similar Threads - Headphone problems

2. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  3. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  4. I have headphones problem. The system only recognizes the headphones when I reboot it. I've...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have headphones problem. The system only recognizes the headphones when I reboot it. I've...: The headphones are only recognized when I reboot my Inspiron 3505. Please provide me driver link so that I can update it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-headphones-problem-the-system-only/e6c6a3b6-57e4-457f-bbc2-3707130416af
  5. I have headphones problem. The system only recognizes the headphones when I reboot it. I've...

I have headphones problem. The system only recognizes the headphones when I reboot it. I've...: The headphones are only recognized when I reboot my Inspiron 3505. Please provide me driver link so that I can update it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-headphones-problem-the-system-only/e6c6a3b6-57e4-457f-bbc2-3707130416af
  6. I have a problem with my Bluetooth Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with my Bluetooth Headphones: The problem is very specific; When i turn on the pc, the bluetooth device JBLTUNE510BT pair automatically and well, they work, the sound comes out of them.on the bluetooth list, they don't appear, i would not care about that if i didn't need to select them to desactivate the...
  7. I have a problem with my Bluetooth Headphones

I have a problem with my Bluetooth Headphones: The problem is very specific; When i turn on the pc, the bluetooth device JBLTUNE510BT pair automatically and well, they work, the sound comes out of them.on the bluetooth list, they don't appear, i would not care about that if i didn't need to select them to desactivate the...
  8. I have a problem with my Bluetooth Headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. problem with headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with headphones: I've recently had a problem with my newly installed windows 10. when I would plug in my headphones, it would show this notification here.picture 1 but after clicking OK, there would be no output from the headphones themselves and it would just play from the built-in speakers....
  10. problem with headphones

problem with headphones: I've recently had a problem with my newly installed windows 10. when I would plug in my headphones, it would show this notification here.picture 1 but after clicking OK, there would be no output from the headphones themselves and it would just play from the built-in speakers....