Windows 10: Headphone requires a restart to work Windows 10

Discus and support Headphone requires a restart to work Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I connect my headphones wired to my laptop it doesnt work until I restart the laptop.Would appreciate it If anyone can help me out with this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by YassenHossam, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Headphone requires a restart to work Windows 10

When I connect my headphones wired to my laptop it doesnt work until I restart the laptop.Would appreciate it If anyone can help me out with this.

:)

YassenHossam, Aug 15, 2022

2. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Headphone requires a restart to work Windows 10

Upgraded to Windows 10 and now headphones won't work

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with headphones not working in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Have you try using different headphones and check if its working?
    • Also have you connected the headphone to some other device and check if the headphone is working fine?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

Meanwhile let's try the steps below and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
      Start
      button and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X, and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controller option.
    • Right click on the sound card driver and select Uninstall option.
    • Restart the computer to reinstall the driver automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Further follow the suggestion given in the below link and check if it helps:

Redirecting

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Headphone requires a restart to work Windows 10

1. Headphone requires a restart to work Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Headphone requires restart

2. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in: I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver version 6.0.9309.1. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the...
  3. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in: I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver version 6.0.9309.1. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the...
  4. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphone requires a restart to work Windows 10

Headphone requires a restart to work Windows 10: When I connect my headphones wired to my laptop it doesnt work until I restart the laptop.Would appreciate it If anyone can help me out with this....
  6. Headphone requires a restart to work Windows 10

Headphone requires a restart to work Windows 10: When I connect my headphones wired to my laptop it doesnt work until I restart the laptop.Would appreciate it If anyone can help me out with this....
  7. Windows Explorer in Windows 10 stops working - requires daily restarts.

Windows Explorer in Windows 10 stops working - requires daily restarts.: I have to restart Windows Explorer in Windows 10 at least a couple of times a day in order to launch Microsoft 360 apps such as Excel. I do this via Task Manager/User/Windows Explorer/Restart. It is annoying problem. Any solution?...
  8. Headphones work only after restarting with headphones plugged in

Headphones work only after restarting with headphones plugged in: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver version v6.0.8838.1 A09 which is the latest. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the...
  9. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in: I have a Dell G3 2019 laptop running Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver the latest. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the...
  10. Windows Restart Required

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Restart Required: Hi I an Asus computer with Windows 10 installed and with last updates. I get always a notification when I start my computer that the pc needs to restarted. I run also Asus Live Update but nothing happen. I will be grateful for your help. [ATTACH] Best Regards...