Windows 10: Headphone sound is distorted ever since i added a second monitor

Discus and support Headphone sound is distorted ever since i added a second monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since i added a second monitor yesterday my headphone sound has gone distorted, i have tried everything i have found on the web from enhancement... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CamronFredericks, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Headphone sound is distorted ever since i added a second monitor

Ever since i added a second monitor yesterday my headphone sound has gone distorted, i have tried everything i have found on the web from enhancement changes to uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, i have switched the jacks around tried everything but it always seems to be muffled. The sound is ok but as a n example, in a game i would only be able to hear footsteps really quietly while gun shots sound the same, when adjusting the volume of the headset at the bottom right, i get a static sound when scrolling up and down.

Any help apperciated, thanks.

:)

CamronFredericks, Oct 29, 2019
  2. yahanna Win User

Sound Distortion w/ BT Headphones When I Move BT Mouse -- Help

I got a BT dongle. When I listen to music through BT headphones and move my mouse at the same time I hear distortion. When I dont move my mouse theres no distortion.

I got Realtek installed and its drivers updated. Thare are 2 options in the MS sound panel for headphones. One for BT headphones stereo and an other for BT non-stereo headphones. I enabled the one for stereo because it sounds better. But I hear distortion with the BT mouse. When I switch to the BT non-stereo option theres no distortion when I move my mouse but sound quality is bad.

What do you suggest to hear BT stereo perfectly with no distortion when I move my mouse?

yahanna, Oct 29, 2019
  3. zyklon Win User
    Distorted Sound

In the last couple of weeks I have upgraded my rig with a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium, and all was well until on one particular day I began experiencing distorted sound while using my headphones.

My first hunch was that the headphones had gone bad. Not an hour later, the distortion had stopped completely and the sound was working perfectly. This has happened on other two occasions, but the distortion would eventually go away after some time.

Today, the same problem occurred on my speakers and so I realized that the source of the distortion were not my peripherals. So I'm guessing its a sound card issue...the problem is that the distortion happens so randomly and without any warning that I don't have any idea what to do about it. I should also point out that the distortion also disappears on a system reboot.

Any help and suggestions please?

zyklon, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Opie540 Win User

Headphone sound is distorted ever since i added a second monitor

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Headphone sound is distorted ever since i added a second monitor

1. Headphone sound is distorted ever since i added a second monitor - Similar Threads - Headphone sound distorted

2. My Gpu is acting weird ever since second gpu + monitor installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Gpu is acting weird ever since second gpu + monitor installed: I installed my second gpu gt 710 and connected it to my second monitor. It was all fine until now, for some reason, when using my second monitor, the first gpu 1660 super usage increases even though its not connected and my second gpu usage is 0% and I just went on youtube...
  3. My Gpu is acting weird ever since second gpu + monitor installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Gpu is acting weird ever since second gpu + monitor installed: I installed my second gpu gt 710 and connected it to my second monitor. It was all fine until now, for some reason, when using my second monitor, the first gpu 1660 super usage increases even though its not connected and my second gpu usage is 0% and I just went on youtube...
  4. My Gpu is acting weird ever since second gpu + monitor installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Distortion in sound since installing Windows 10

Distortion in sound since installing Windows 10: I have distortion in the computer's speakers and headphones since installing Windows 10. It is worst when the sound is loud. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distortion-in-sound-since-installing-windows-10/aa390ab8-003f-43c2-85a3-ac90899f0a39
  6. Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird: I have version 2004 (windows 10), on an HP envy x360 15m-dr0012dx. Ever since the new windows update, I have had lots of difficulties using my second monitor. Sometimes (randomly as far as I can tell), my computer will stop outputting the signal to the HDMI port, but it will...
  7. Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird

Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird: I have version 2004 windows 10, on an HP envy x360 15m-dr0012dx. Ever since the new windows update, I have had lots of difficulties using my second monitor. Sometimes randomly as far as I can tell, my computer will stop outputting the signal to the HDMI port, but it will...
  8. Bluetooth Headset not headphones sound very distorted

Bluetooth Headset not headphones sound very distorted: I would like the assistance of this community in resolving my issue regarding the distorted sound coming from my bluetooth headset. I have JBL Tune 750BTNC bluetooth headphones which I want to use for video conferencing on zoom. Now I know that Windows registers them as two...
  9. Headphones distorted sound ''fix''

Headphones distorted sound ''fix'': Ive been trying to fix my headphones not working correctly with my pc and couldnt find a solution anywhere so i thought id post this here. If your headphones doesnt work with your pc/makes a distorted sound like its underwater or something like that it might be because of...
  10. Will Edge ever open in second monitor

in Browsers and Email
    Will Edge ever open in second monitor: What's your take on this. I know 'metro' apps only open in the primary monitor but I'd need this to be implemented. It's a deal killer as far as Edge is concerned. 11973