Windows 10: Headphone Sound Too Low

Discus and support Headphone Sound Too Low in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My headphone sounds are too low on my win 10 and I have heard of loudness equalizer but there is no such enhancement in my lapto what do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by UtkarshDhingra, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Headphone Sound Too Low

My headphone sounds are too low on my win 10 and I have heard of loudness equalizer but there is no such enhancement in my lapto what do I do?

:)

UtkarshDhingra, Jun 23, 2020

2. No sound through headphones

Hello Sander,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to provide me with the following information.

• What is the make and model of the headphones?

• Have you tried connecting the headphones to another jack or another computer and checked if they are working?
    Make sure your headphones aren't plugged into the line out (headphone) jack of your sound card or computer (unless you want to be listening with headphones rather than speakers). When you plug in headphones, most computers
    automatically cut the sound to the speakers. Ensure the headphone is fully and firmly inserted into the correct jack. Plug in the headphone and see if the same shows up in Device Manager.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

Note:
    If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or
    hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on
      Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.
    If issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.
    If issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

This happens when you have the speakers set to default. We need to set the headphones as default. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Perform the task mentioned below to set speakers as default.

• Go to Start and click on control Panel.

• Click in Sound, then a new window will open up.

• In the new windows click on the tab "Playback" and right click in the window and click on Show Disabled devices.

• Now check if the headphone is listed there and right click on it and choose enable.

• Highlight that headphone and click on "Set as Default".

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Preethu” replied on April 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Headphones not working in Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Jun 23, 2020
  3. no sound in headphones

Hi Mary,

If your headphones stops working in Windows devices, you can try solutions below to fix the problem. The issue can be caused by incorrect sound settings, faulty audio drivers, etc. We suggest that you follow below simple instructions to troubleshoot the
    problem.

• Check if the sound is muted. If it is muted, the headphone won’t have sound.
    • Check the connection. Try unplugging the headphone and firmly plug it back in.
    • Check the port. If you are using a USB headphone, try a different USB port.
    • Try the headphone on another computer. Use your headphone on another computer. If it doesn’t work on that computer, the headphone might be broken. In that case, you need to replace it with a new one.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

81a3255d-566c-4bba-9244-0173490ea2c5, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Headphone Sound Too Low

Headphone Sound Issue

Hello,

This issue could be related to the drivers on your computer or there's a problem with the headphones itself. For us to effectively assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us when did the issue start?
    • Are you referring to brand new headphones?
    • Have you tried updating the sound card drivers on your computer by checking the latest driver that is available from the manufacturer's website?
    • Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps provided in this article? If not, we advise that you try to perform
      the steps in the article and see if it helps.

Meanwhile, if you haven't tried downloading and installing the latest driver from the manufacturer's website, we suggest that you try it and check if you will experience the same issue.

Do get back to us so that we can further help.

Stephanie Sal, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Headphone Sound Too Low

1. Headphone Sound Too Low - Similar Threads - Headphone Sound Too

2. my headphones have low sound and unclear too

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my headphones have low sound and unclear too: hellomy headphones have low sound and unclear toowhat can i do to fix them plswhen i remove them it works fineplsss : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-headphones-have-low-sound-and-unclear-too/b0e6e1a0-f470-45ef-9e3a-604874ffd773
  3. my headphones have low sound and unclear too

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my headphones have low sound and unclear too: hellomy headphones have low sound and unclear toowhat can i do to fix them plswhen i remove them it works fineplsss : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-headphones-have-low-sound-and-unclear-too/b0e6e1a0-f470-45ef-9e3a-604874ffd773
  4. my headphones have low sound and unclear too

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound is too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound is too low: I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 and my audio drivers are up to date. the sound is at 100 but its very low... Help Ican hardly distinguish the sounds! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-too-low/3c950915-e7e1-4adf-aee8-91a1dcc3bd95
  6. Sound is too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound is too low: I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 and my audio drivers are up to date. the sound is at 100 but its very low... Help Ican hardly distinguish the sounds! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-too-low/3c950915-e7e1-4adf-aee8-91a1dcc3bd95
  7. Sound too low from 3.5 mm connected headphones.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound too low from 3.5 mm connected headphones.: Hi, I am currently using a 3.5 mm headset for video communications, but the sound coming from them are really low, could you please help me? I am using, Windows 1909, Lenovo g50 with conexant sound card, but currently using windows hd drivers, apple earphones....
  8. Sound volume is too low.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound volume is too low.: Accidently, I labeled my speakers as headphones on the pop up window you get when an audio device is plugged in. To make maters worse, I clicked to never show me that pop up again. Since then, my sound volume is too low. It's around half of what it used to be and I can find...
  9. Sound is too low; even when on 100% with headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound is too low; even when on 100% with headphones.: I got a new desktop computer today, and the volume of it is so low that I can barely hear sounds even when it's on 100% and I'm wearing headphones. Does anyone know any fixes to this? 114979
  10. Sound is too low; even when on 100% with headphones.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound is too low; even when on 100% with headphones.: I got a new desktop computer today, and the volume of it is so low that I can barely hear sounds even when it's on 100% and I'm wearing headphones. Does anyone know any fixes to this? 114979