Windows 10: Headphone stereo balance for Windows 10

Discus and support Headphone stereo balance for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having trouble getting the stereo for my headphones to balance correctly. When a sound plays from the side, e.g. the right, then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vincent Wood, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Headphone stereo balance for Windows 10

Hi,

I have been having trouble getting the stereo for my headphones to balance correctly. When a sound plays from the side, e.g. the right, then I only hear the audio coming from that side. The balance is correct when I use the headphones on computers with older Windows however so it is not the headset itself. I have plugged it into both the rear jack, causing it to show up as stereo speakers, and the front jack, causing it to show up as headphones. In both cases the headphones still balance the sound the way standing speakers should and not headphones.

I have also deactivated things such as the Stereo Mix device but it makes no difference whether it be on or off.

Any help would be appreciated.

System specifications:

Analogue 3.5mm jack headphones

MSI Gaming M3 b150 motherboard

Windows 10 home

Realtek audio

All drivers up to date

For those who don't understand what the problem is it works like this:

When you have standing speakers and a sound it played from the right then the sound only plays through the right speaker. Standing speakers do not need to worry about balance between left and right in this instance since both ears can hear the right speaker and it creates a natural sound balance to the right.

With headphones the ears are isolated from each other and to simulate natural hearing when a computer detects headphones it never plays a sound purely from one side. Instead it balances the audio so that some of the sound still plays through the other ear in order to simulate natural sound, otherwise it will create the false illusion that you are deaf in one ear.

:)

Vincent Wood, Dec 29, 2018
  2. matohak Win User

Left/Right Audio Balance Locked Together on Bluetooth Headphones

I'm using Windows 10. I'm a bit deaf on one side so I need to change volume balance of my bluetooth stereo headphones in Window's settings.

For some reasons, recently the L/R volume controls become locked together on these same headphones. It had been working fine in the past. I tried reinstalling the headphones from device manage but that didn't help.

The stereo is working when I press "test" under window's sound settings.

matohak, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Set Headphones to 5.1 or Stereo

You mean after all this time since you bought the headphones, you haven't been scouring Head-fi.org to figure out what settings to use!!?

People here have suggested to set Windows to stereo and rely on your Creative service to handle any up-mixing. But because you are using stereo headphones, and not '5.1' headphones, I disagree.

Set Windows to 5.1 or 7.1
    Set your headphones (Creative utility) to Headphone setting(including any preamp adjustments), on 8 channel using 44.1khz.
    Set in-game (if available) to whichever sounds best(don't worry about aligning it to Windows settings, the in-game option is just a template they made up)

Remember that modern games use situational sounds, so 'surround' is provided almost entirely by the game. The only thing your headphones could do to enhance that, is to have a larger sound staging.
    Using virtual surround such as SBX, is not ideal.

Have you invested in an amplifier yet? Putting some punch and authority into your DAC/card would go a long ways to brightening and highlighting the audio.

newconroer, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Headphone stereo balance for Windows 10

Headphones are very Quiet in one hear and fine in the other

Hi,

There's a possibility that some settings in your sound properties are not properly set. For possible solution, we suggest that you follow the suggested workaround provided by
    Yashwanth Kotakuri on this thread.

We also suggest that you check the balance level of your headphone by following these steps:

• Right click the little speaker icon near the clock on the taskbar.
    • Click Playback devices.
    • Double-click the Headphones.
    • Click the Levels tab.
    • Then check the Balance of left and right.
    We are eager on getting this resolved for you, we will wait for your feedback.

Lawrence Lib, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Headphone stereo balance for Windows 10

1. Headphone stereo balance for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Headphone stereo balance

2. Headphone balance issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone balance issue: I can not hear out of my right ear of my headphones so i went to the balance but it said it was perfectly fine i tested my headphones with my xbox and they were perfectly fine but not with my computer....
  3. Headphone balance issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone balance issue: I can not hear out of my right ear of my headphones so i went to the balance but it said it was perfectly fine i tested my headphones with my xbox and they were perfectly fine but not with my computer....
  4. headphone balance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone balance: my headphone left side is louder than the right i tried to control the balance from the control panel and the both is 100% i tried to update the audio driver and reinstall the audio driver i tried it in another device and it worked in both sides and when i test another...
  5. headphone balance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphone balance: my headphone left side is louder than the right i tried to control the balance from the control panel and the both is 100% i tried to update the audio driver and reinstall the audio driver i tried it in another device and it worked in both sides and when i test another...
  6. headphone balance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Balancing headphones issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Balancing headphones issue: To hear well, I need to have one ear of the headphones balanced to 0. But when I balance it in the settings or in the control panel when I move the volume up or down, it will unbalance it, and it will be the same as the other ear.Can someone help me with this?When I set it...
  8. Audio balance issue in the headphone

Audio balance issue in the headphone: Salut Am luat pc ..mi-am luat licenta..casti bune..totul bine si frumos dar cand filmez pe pc se aude muzica de fundal in casti dar vocea doar in casca stanga...asa e si pe filmare...ce pot face? Moderator Edit: Translation: Hello I took the pc ..I got my license..good...
  9. bluetooth headphones not in stereo

bluetooth headphones not in stereo: I have Bose Bluetooth soundsport ear buds that when connected to Windows 10 Bluetooth will only play sound in the right ear due to them defaulting to the right ear telephony option. I have updated windows 10, all drivers, added and added the earbuds, rebooted a million times...
  10. Sound Balance not working with bluetooth headphones on Windows 10

Sound Balance not working with bluetooth headphones on Windows 10: Hey guys, so my sound balance on windows 10 is not working. I'm using old Bluetooth headphones and one side is slightly quieter. I normally adjust the sound balance to make it louder on one side and quieter on the other. Today for some reason however this is not working....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphone balance windows 10

2. headphone balance

3. headphone balance check

4. windows 10 headphone balance,
  5. windows 10 stereo balance,
  6. balancing headphones windows 10,
  7. earphone balance windows 10,
  8. how to balance headphones windows 10,
  9. balance headphones windows 10,
  10. headphones balance windows 10,
  11. stereo balance windows 10,