Windows 10: Headphone treated as speaker can't use spatial sound dolby

Discus and support Headphone treated as speaker can't use spatial sound dolby in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an laptop dell Inspiron 5558 and used to use spatial sound normally until I had to manually re-install windows due to a hardware problem and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HoliestAngel, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Headphone treated as speaker can't use spatial sound dolby

I have an laptop dell Inspiron 5558 and used to use spatial sound normally until I had to manually re-install windows due to a hardware problem and since then my headphone is displayed and treated as a speaker, therefore, not able to use Dolby or any other spatial sound.

The speakers on my laptop don't work since way before this and it has not been a problem since I always use headphones.

I tried troubleshoot and got nothing.

I got a ssd today and installed windows on it and everything is working fine except this so that's why I got back to this problem. Also the audio on my computer works just fine, both microfone and sound.

:)

HoliestAngel, Feb 20, 2021

2. Dolby Atmos for headphones not selectable in spatial sound

I just using standard pair of 3.5mm headphones connected to the computer. Dolby Atmos for headphones is advertised to work with any headphone. This has worked previously for me. I just no longer have the option to select Dolby Atmos for headphones under
    spatial sound.

JimboJones122, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Dolby Atmos for headphones not selectable in spatial sound

I recently installed Dolby Access from the Microsoft store to trial Dolby Atmos for headphones. During the trial I was able select Dolby Atmos for headphones in spacial sound settings but after purchasing the license the option is now gone, I am only able
    to select Off and Windows Sonic for Headphones in the spatial sound settings. I have tried updating sound drivers to latest, rolling back to generic windows drivers and reinstalling Dolby access with restarts inbetween with no luck. Have also updated windows

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 1903

OS build 18362.239

4. Headphone treated as speaker can't use spatial sound dolby

Dolby Atmos for headphones not selectable in spatial sound

Thank you for your reply

I have tried reinstalling the app but the option for Dolby Atmos for headphones still does not appear under spatial sound. I restart the computer after uninstalling and again after installing.

Thema:

Headphone treated as speaker can't use spatial sound dolby

1. Headphone treated as speaker can't use spatial sound dolby - Similar Threads - Headphone treated speaker

2. Treating my headphones as my speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Treating my headphones as my speakers: My headphones connected on top with mic and audio port just started being paired with my speakers in the same output speakers connected on the back. I have looked in the Realtek HD and it sees the connection in the back and the connection on the top. When I click on the...
  3. Treating my headphones as my speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Treating my headphones as my speakers: My headphones connected on top with mic and audio port just started being paired with my speakers in the same output speakers connected on the back. I have looked in the Realtek HD and it sees the connection in the back and the connection on the top. When I click on the...
  4. The Dolby Atmos for Headphones (Spatial Sound) for Windows 10 problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Dolby Atmos for Headphones (Spatial Sound) for Windows 10 problem: [ATTACH] The Dolby Atmos for Headphones (Spatial Sound) for Windows 10 always gets back to turned off every long time of shut down. Does it really not save the setting for spatial sound? There are times that the setting doesn't save, there are times there is. PS. I bought...
  5. Spatial sound: Dolby vs Built in + Working with Bluetooth headphones?

Spatial sound: Dolby vs Built in + Working with Bluetooth headphones?: I want to get a better sensation of space when racing in my sim. I found this built in spatial settings in Win 10, but also some other option(s). Whats the difference? Can I use these with BT headphones? Latest Win 10 Home, Asus B450-F (with FX chipset). submitted by...
  6. Dolby atmos not showing in Spatial sound

Dolby atmos not showing in Spatial sound: Couldn't update Dolby access so I uninstalled everything and tried to reinstall it. Now there is no Dolby Atmos options and only windows sonic Help :((( submitted by /u/AggerDagger [link] [comments]...
  7. Dolby Atmos Spatial Sound not enabling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Atmos Spatial Sound not enabling: So, I did figure this out. I found another thread only 1!!! and ive been all over the internet trying to figure it out but i already kind of had an idea of what may of caused the issue. My Dolby Atmos Sound wouldnt enable. I could do windows sonic but when id click atmos...
  8. Dolby Atmos for headphones not selectable in spatial sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dolby Atmos for headphones not selectable in spatial sound: I recently installed Dolby Access from the Microsoft store to trial Dolby Atmos for headphones. During the trial I was able select Dolby Atmos for headphones in spacial sound settings but after purchasing the license the option is now gone, I am only able to select Off and...
  9. 'Dolby Access for Headphones' options is not visible in spatial sound

'Dolby Access for Headphones' options is not visible in spatial sound: After the recent update, i am not able to see the option 'Dolby Access for Headphones' option in spatial sound. Before the update i was able to view the option and the functionality has been working fine. Please suggest on how to enable this feature again. Operating System:...
  10. Dolby Atmos Headphones Spatial viritual surround sound 7.1 on or off?

Dolby Atmos Headphones Spatial viritual surround sound 7.1 on or off?: The option "turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound" Do you need to turn this on or off in use with Dolby Atmos for headphones? I read you need to disable "enhancements" when using Dolby Atmos However since the 7.1 virtual sound option is in the tab of spatial audio, where...